The Trials of Salvatore

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DarkFool, May 20, 2009.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. papa_dog_1999

papa_dog_1999 Well-Known Member

Media:
    Hawiian??

ba-dum-dum-dah--tish <-rimshot

2. magikot

magikot Well-Known Member

When I do drink soda I only like the kinds that are made with pure cane sugar. Like Jones Soda.

3. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

No Klingon, heavy on the knuckles. (Seriously, I was watching The Trouble With Tribbles last night on Youtube, talk about funny fight scenes... And yay for ToS Klingons!)

4. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

Coca Cola here is awesome but I had some American coke a while back and they use corn syrup instead of sugar, it was not pleasant.

5. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    I really don't know what they stuff in the Coke around here. But I know that the Cola they sell is manufactured in Sweden, and that likely means that they use beet sugar.

6. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

American soft drinks FAIL. They don't even like people putting sugar in their coffee there, which strikes me as ironic considering the size of their burgers and the amount of melted butter they put on pretty much EVERYTHING.

7. Jungle Japes

Jungle Japes Well-Known Member

8. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

This.

9. Transparent Painting

Transparent Painting Well-Known Member

I drink water. They don't give me anything else when we're out in the field. When I'm not in uniform, I usually drink water and cider, depending on the time of the day. I also prefer Pepsi over CC.

On a side note: Can you find Cuba Cola outside Sweden?

10. TheDavisChanger

TheDavisChanger Well-Known Member

Root beer and cream soda are the ultimate carbonated beverages.

I lie somewhere in between the organic Nazi and apathetic consumer camp: the less processing my ingestibles have endured the better. Therefore, I would prefer actual sugar in my beverage of choice, but am not going out of my way or paying thrice the reasonable price for the privelege.

I don't drink sodas often enough for it to matter really.
    Water, juice, beer, and wine for me, thank you.

11. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

I love how this thread went from a warning about how if we don't scale back our soda pop consumption our teeth will die, to us discussing our favorite flavors of soft drink. It was a beautiful moment. I can only wonder if we'll have the same reaction when DF announces:

DF: Guys, I have terminal lung cancer, I'll be dead by the end of the month.

Terra-Arcanum: Personally, I prefer Marlboros, though a Camel isn't bad, I suppose.

Vorak: No way, you need to use a cigar. Preferably while shaving with a straight razor.

12. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

That is amusing... I've been drinking a LOT of Arizona Tea. It's not as good for you as other tea's, but I like the taste better, and it still has less sugar/corn syrup then a coke by a good bit. I used to prefer pepsi to coke, but the pepsi in africa tastes terrible, where as the coke is quite good. So, we, therefore, consumed the coke. Fun fact: I have a can from the Egyptian coke plant which I've heard is the world's most deadly coca cola plant. They have an enormous error-rate, and something like 1 out of 5 batches, on average, is too poisonous to be sold (by Egyptian standards).

Btw, the reason we use corn syrup is because it's cheaper. Most other countries have banned this, but between the corn lobbyists and the soda industry lobbyists, they haven't managed to do so here.

13. Jungle Japes

I'm partial to Marlboro menthol lights, but haven't had one in 8 days because I've decided to quit.

14. magikot

magikot Well-Known Member

In New England if you ask for a regular coffee it comes with cream and sugar dependent on the size of the coffee. 2 sugars for a small to 5 sugars for a jumbo or extra large.

Though with the influx of Albanians to the Dunkin Donuts in central MA they are starting to make the regular coffees as black coffee and it's making me a sad panda.

Congratulations, Japes! Does this mean that you can blame your shooting of stupid people on nicotine withdrawal?

15. Dark Elf

Media:
    Good luck with that Japes. I just hope you haven't developed the same nicotine dependency my brother has. He's tried to give up snus about three hundred million four hundred thousand seventy eight times now, always ending up in fail and having to kick back into the old habit.
    As for grumpiness, if he doesn't get his fix, he becomes hell on wheels to everyone within a ten kilometer radius, a fact that doesn't get better with time. After a couple of days, he'll be so wretchedly cruel that the people he works with will likely talk him out of quitting.

Everyone knows that New Englanders are Eurofags in disguise and not True American Patriots! :salute:

16. Vorak

17. Silvara

Silvara New Member

..while shaving with your straight razors? :p

18. Vorak

Not at that level of mastery yet.

19. Dark Elf

Media:
    I confine my smoking to perhaps two packs of cigarillos a year. Sure, smoking is bad for your health, but in that quantity it hardly matters and let's face it, sometimes it's just damn relaxing to have a smoke and watch time go by.

20. Jungle Japes

Yes, smoking is enjoyable, but cigarettes have an insidious way of going from a once-a-day indulgence to a 10-a-day habit when you aren't looking. I started smoking in Iraq (as soldiers are prone to do) and my rate of nicotine intake has steadily increased ever since. Fortunately I decided to quit before it became a powerful addiction requiring the help of drugs to kick. I think I'm pretty much over the hump, and it's getting easier to say no to my coworkers when they ask if I want to go smoke.

Our Host!