The State of the World

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Forum' started by Blinky969, Jul 17, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

Wolfsbane sought the floor around him for the spam that Xiao had thrown to him, and after a while of spinning around he found it and engulfed it right away.
    Most people trained in the arts of Ninjutsu knows that the regeneration of chakra-energy improves if the one regenerating it eats and sleeps a lot during the time for the regeneration. Most people knew that.
    But only a select few people knew that the ultimate speed-up for chakra-regeneration in fact was... Spam.

The bovine could feel his powers returning supersonicly fast, and used some of the returned energy to strengthen himself. He got up and turned to Xiao.

Sorry Xiao dear, but I can't stay. I've got to get back to earth tight away. Bad things are happening there, and I feel that my rightful place right now is with my fellow... He was going to say "humans", but then realized he wasn't a human, ...Earthlings. I hope to see you back at earth soon, too. That dwarf Maximus is up to no good. We're going to have to deal with him together, I think. See you, he said, and disapeared with a faint -pop- and a wisp of smoke.

2. Maximus

Maximus New Member

Maximus watched the secret Asteroid Belt security camera he'd installed last year to keep tabs on his workers. An unforeseen electrical discharge coupled with an explosion on the Krakon Accelerator had destroyed his Commando's, as well as killing his trustworthy ally, Wonder Woman. A regretable loss, perhaps I could figure out how to use the cloning vats at a future date to bring her back?, he wondered.

At least revenge would be sweet, as he watched the ten anti-ship robots begin attacking his ship. They seemed unable to penetrate his shields before, but since he'd dropped them for some unknown reason, they were making good headway smashing into the hull and using cutting-lasers to bore into the thick armor that had protected him up until now. Soon my Friend, you will know the meaning of Fear!...

My Liege, for some reason many of the satellites have stopped responding to our remote access, reported Amidala.

No matter, I tire of the propaganda effort. The damage has already been done, and the earthlings are busy hunting their only protection. Soon, we shall initiate the Final Countdown, and issue our Declaration.

3. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

Alright! Phase one, we submit counter-hypnotic messages to television broadcasts around the world! We need to somehow get in contact with Blinky to do this. He owns nearly every television station on the planet, and we don't know how he'll respond to this.
    Alright. Vier! Contact Blinky's base of operations on a secure line! Let them know what we're planning, and make sure Blinky gets back to us in some way.
    Yes, sir! Alright, I have a connection! Residents of the North Pole, the Grossenschwaums have a plan to calm the citizens of earth. Unless they've stopped using TV as their window to the world, this will definitely work! It has been found that Maximus has been using subliminal hypnotic messages to control the humans. The Grossenschwaums will send out their own, with your permission. This will put us all back in the clear, as well as incriminate Maximus! We now have footage of Frigo's launch against Japan, as well as evidence that he and Maximus are working together. Please, get back to us with word of Blinky's approval.
    Perfect. Unless this plan has some holes, Blinky should accept. However, with all of the strange doctored footage the media has been airing, I'm worried that the humans will be skeptical.
    They should have been skeptical of that footage in the first place! But, apparently, people's minds have grown soft during the years they have watched television, and will believe anything as long as it comes from their favorite news station.
    Yes...both fortunately and unfortunately, this plan will work.
    The subliminal messages were created, and now all they needed was the word from Blinky. If all was well, phae two would come into effect.

4. Wolfsbane

-Pop-

Wolfsbane reappeared on earth again, in his dear homeland of Sweden, with the familliar sound, and a wisp of smoke. But it wasn't the same as when he'd left; his farmhouse and the surrounding fields had been burned to the ground, and a throng of peasants had, for a to Wolfsbane unknown reason, gathered around the remains of his farmhouse with weapons and agricultural tools. And torches, of course. You can't have a good lynching mob without torches.
    The peasants were all standing in a cirkle around the farmhouse, with their weapons (and tools) pointed inwards; they seemed to try to hold something off.
    Wolfsbane decided to investigate, and moved closer to the mob.

The humans didn't seem to notice Wolfsbane when he got closer: Few ever managed to notice him because of his wierdness. A cow on two legs wearing a leather jacket and holding on to a suitcase full of what smelled like spam wasn't the first thing a normal little humans' brain wanted to aknowledge.

As he joined the cirkle, he noticed what the peasants were striking at:
    His spiders. Or at least what was left of them. The poor buggers hadn't had a chance when the missile suprice-attack hit the area, and most was instantly killed. Wolfsbane counted them in horror and found, to his greef and anger, that only a dozen remained. They were all hurt, and was merely half-heartedly throwing some kunai-daggers to hold the peasants off.

Wolfsbane didn't remember what he'd done when he woke up later. The only thing he found was a throng of scorched, impaled, decapitated and dismembered bodies lying about all around him, and his ninja-spiders who all stood by him and watched their master in awe.

Oops!, he said, Well, at least they got what they deserved, those slimy insults to intelligent life. I'm glad that at least some of you are alive, brothers.

He smiled at his now fully regenerated minions (some spam was mysteriously missing in Wolfsbanes suitcase), and added:

Come. Let us go and help the other Lords. Vorak seems to be in trouble.

The spiders looked at him agreeingly, and jumped into one of his leather jackets's pockets.

5. Maximus

Maximus New Member

War had broken out in the Middle East, with Israeli swords being the bloodiest. The Jihad had encouraged Syria and Lebanon to attack Israel, who retaliated in massive and disproportionate force and began laying waste to those two countries. Iran joined Syria and started a bombing campaign against Jerusalem, who reacted with state-of-the-art fighter planes and shot down most of the bombers. Egypt, for no apparent reason invaded Lybia and successfully smashed its military and government in short order, leaving lawlessness in the streets.

Meanwhile, in the Bering Sea, delegates from around the world began arriving at Harmony Island, and massive news broadcasts of the events could be seen everywhere on Earth. Rioters in Europe paused at the sign of new hope and world peace, until a riot squad used the opportunity to tear-gas the mod and move in with truncheons. Los Angeles had devolved into full-scale armed resistance by three of the most powerful gangs there, and seemed to be spreading throughout all of southern California. The National Guard had deployed armored vehicles into downtown Los Angeles and tried to set up a base of operations, by found themselves in gun fights with gangsters doing drive-by shootings before they could even get ready.

The Japanese had become quite angry at the Bear, and had released their secret weapons, robotic warriors with the capability to transform into jets. They were tracking the bear via infared sensors and were currently closing on his location.

Sir! I've located the Bear and his accomplice. Request permission to fire!?, asked the Fighter pilot, an infared-image of a bear in the back of a van speeding through downtown Tokyo displayed on his targeting screen.

Permission Granted! Robotek squadron, Fire at Will!

Kamikazi!!! The pilot fired off two missiles at the van. The first exploded against a nearby building, the second homed in on Blinky.

6. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Blinky saw the attack coming as soon as it was coming.

God Dammit! Charly, we've got riders. I can hold them off, but I think it might draw attention.
    Then I tak its a Japanese tank on teh left and the riht is not atention?
    Alright, that seems like a valid point.

Blinky kicked the door open to stare directlyinto the face of a robotic jet chasing after them. Blinky could only grin, lift his arm straight out and shoot of a ray of pure coldness that dropped the temperature of the jet to that of liquid hydrogen in about 3 seconds. The construct shattered in midair, pulled apart by it's own weight and air friction. Meanwhile the tank came into view turning the corner as they hit the highway leading to the drop point.

Blinky's next shot hit the rear end of the tank's left tread. The tank slid wide and around on the ice forming on the ground below, the tank basically pulling a U-turn and facing back the way it came, taking out the payphones and traffic signal on the corner. The gunner managed to get off a shot as they turned in a circle, flying past the van and striking the ground in front of an approaching jeep. The jeep screeched to a halt and Charly zipped by them.

Two helicopters and three jeeps joined them on the highway. Blinky's trained eye could even see the copter through it's heavy cloaking field. Almost no armor, the ability to fly at 1300 miles an hour, no armaments, and the best cloaking field Blinky could find, his H9s were the fastest way to get around without detection. He had tried to figure out the technology, but when he opened one up he realized that he couldn't even comprehend the technology. He got a shipment of four a month for saving the star system inhabited by a very advanced race of little green men. They had the technology to prevent a supernova in their system, but didn't have enough raw energy to cool the sun down to a managable temperature while they teleported mass quantities of hydrogen into it. Keeping things cold Blinky could do.

Bullets started flying, one literally bouncing off Blinky's arm. It stung though, enough to get his attention back on the problem at hand. He would have to be precise to add plausibility to his story later. The helicopters were unavoidable, even if he disabled them, the pilot would die in the crash. He could do something about anyone else pursuing with them. A long thumbnail popped the pin off the grenade. Blinky cocked back and fired the little bomb with all hit might, smashing it through the windshield of one of the choppers as in went to pass its partner. The first exploded in a firestorm that blasted a hole in the side of the other helicopter. The two dropped in the center of the highway, cutting off the flow of traffic after the jeeps so no one else could pursue.

The van jerked right as the exit approached, Blinky laying a wide swath of ice on the highway that send the jeeps far past the turn off, careening out of control. Charly turned off the road and into a small field. A light flashed in the air; green, green, green. Blinky waved his hand and the ship dropped to Blinky's height and decloaked.

Grab your shit, get in.
    Al I need are thes files, adn thise, Charly said, holding up an impressive pulse rile he mus have had stashed in his armory.

Blinky and Charly got in the copter, and it was only when they were speeding out of Japan did he contact Arleen again. Gross had a proposal did he? Blinky had no time to worry about propaganda, but even he had to admit it was a bit inconvenient having the entire world think he was a monster. It was inconvenient to have them know about him in the first place. The Satan allusion might be a bit extreme though. Blinky was a business man. If you knew Satan at all, you'ld know he was just a fucking asshole.

If Gross wants to handle that situation, tell him to go for it. He has access to any communication system he wants, with yours and Yogi's oversight.
    Of course sir.
    I'm trying to limit contact to you, I'm probably going to get heat even for this. But I want you to check up on something and signal me when you do. I need you to contact Rogue I, tell them it's about the CIA.
    You didn't exactly part on good terms with her... are you sure?
    I wish I wasn't. Blinky out.

Charly came back from looking out of the window at the passing landscape. China was smoking from all the rioting, although perhaps the riot control had done most of the damage.

Poinless fiting. Whenevr we did it ther was a reasno.
    Never a very good one. We need time to let the masses calm down. We can fight Maximus, and most likely beat him, but if everyone's running around like chickens with their heads cut off the casualty toll is going to be high.
    Wel, what dos you sugges?
    We need time. I'll make it. Pull a U-turn, we're going to Nevada. And make sure that gun's loaded.

7. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Xiao groaned. Whilst she'd been out, she'd been intricately linked with Baby, almost one entity... she had vague memories of Tisianne telling her off for using the deathlock to provide energy to the ship, although his mental voice had been tinged with admiration for the sheer strength she'd displayed.

The other thing she remembered were the transmissions. Luckily Baby had been able to protect her from the hypnotic effects, but she shuddered despite herself. Maximus had officially gone one step too far.

Time to bring in her 'family'.

She sat up, grey eyes meeting Tisianne's violet ones with a flare of barely suppressed rage.

Mobilize the family, she said in a voice that was both perfectly level and mind-numbingly menacing. Maximus is destroying the minds of almost everyone on Earth. Using Takisian technology, no less! I don't even want to contemplate who would have been irresponsible enough to supply him...

Especially when I think I know the answer.

Baby, co-ordinate the fleet via Hellcat.

Not a word had been spoken (verbally, anyway), but the fleet rapidly assembled behind Xiao and Tisianne in Baby.

The fleet's ghosting now, Mummy!

Let's see how Maximus deals with this one.

8. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Blinky looked out the window as the helicopter 180ed in the air over China. Suddenly his eyes caught sight of something taking off from the ground, it looked like an old MIG, retrofitted with a few new gadgets so it almost didn't look like it was falling apart.

Son of a bitch, if it's not one of them, it's another

The jet joined two others hauling supersonic ass at the H9. It was times like this Blinky wished he had at least put in some type of weapons system, but wishes like that don't really do any at a time like this. He made a mental note to add something, at least a low caliber machine gun to the undercarriage.

You knows I dist bring teh gun for a reson. The cartredges are with me bag.

Blinky looked behind him and grabbed two of the cartridges, picking the rifle up with one hand. Intuiting it's mechanical left from right, he sighted the closest jet, just now breaking formation to engage the chopper.

He pulled the trigger, the force of the kickback moving his entire massive body back a step. The blast of pure green energy shot down in a line as wide as his forearm, tearing a hole in the plane from the left side of the nose cone all the way to the rear left engine. The MIG sputtered for a moment and exploded in midair.

I might let you pick out the weapons when we get to Nevada.

Charly only laughed as Blinky picked off another jet and watched the third abort mission and scurry back to base.

It seems, that eveyone is on to our radio frequency, or maybe it's just Maximus and he's telling everyone when we pop up, but let's see how we can play this out.

9. Wolfsbane

Pearls of sweat appeared on Wolfsbanes forehead as he again and again tried to find the location of Voraks ship, somewhere near Mars. He struggled on for a few minutes, and then stopped as he realized it was all but possible. He was by far too far away for Wolfsbane to locate him.

Pity, Wolfsbane mumbled to himself as he tried to figure out what to do next.

Even if he and the other still earthbound Lords managed to stop Maximus' attack on earth, Maximus would still be out there, just as threatful as ever. And Wolfsbane wasn't sure if Vorak would be able to deal with Maximus and his assembled defence alone. He decided that he indeed was needed at the battle for Mars, but he just couldn't find a way of getting there. On time, anyway.
    Then it struck him; Xiao was probably headed for Mars as well, and he could still feel her and her ships aura, even though they were far out in space. He concentrated for a while and then vanished, again, with a faint -pop- and a small wisp of smoke.

-Pop-

Hello again, Xiao. Sorry for all this appearing and vanishing buissnes, but things aren't turning out as I would rather them to. I hope you don't mind if I accompany you to Mars, do you?, he said, now standing next to Xiao Caity, on her left side.

And hello Baby, he added, I didn't scare you, did I?

10. Maximus

Maximus New Member

It was time to silence the Lizard. His communications with the others had provided amusement and indications of what the Lords were up to, but now he had crossed the line. It was time to deal with this reptile, once and for all..., mused Maximus.

He picked up the telephone and rang a sleeper agent on Earth, a dreaded assassin and efficient lethal weapon...
    Martha. Martha Stewart. Martha Szandzor Stewart. This code activated the latent hypnotic imprint that was installed in her during her time at the country club lock-in. One of his agents had arranged to become room-mates with her, and had performed the programming. yes, my Lord and Master, how may I serve you?
    It is time to Initialize the Eschalon. The target is Grossenschwaum, and his location is..., he finished his directions and placed the phone back into its cradle, a satisfied look upon his face.

Without knowing what she was doing, she went to her shoe closet and found the ruby red pair that she usually avoided at all costs. Picking up the left shoe, she gently turned the heel counter-clockwise and repeated the commands Maximus has instructed her with. After putting the shoe back down, she regained consciousness and stood confused in her closet.

Meanwhile, under the Great Lakes a large waterproof boxcar that had been there for the last three years opened up. At first nothing happened, then ominous red lights started appearing from within. Finally, a small platoon of Terminator bots, 50 in number, arose from the container. Another crate next to them opened and a medium-sized troop lander emerged from within. The bots loaded into the craft silently, with three Primary objectives;
    1. Destroy Grossen's ability to transmit anything
    2. Eliminate the Lizard by any means

The craft lifted out the lake, water streaming out of it, and raced off to intercept Grossen, who'd been tracked from his multiple transmissions. A screen inside the ship read Time to Intercept Target: T minus 97 minutes and counting...

11. Grossenschwamm

Einundzwanzig! What is that noise?
    Sir, you're not going to like this...It seems that a small, heavily armed group of Terminator cyborgs is coming this way...fifty in number. Each seems to be carrying a .50 calibur anti-tank rifle, and plenty of ammo. One of them seems armed with a small EMP device...
    EMP? Maximus must be trying to stop all of our outgoing communications!
    He already has...the only reason the inside of the base is working is from how it is shielded. What alerted you was the sizzling of the electronics on the outside of this base. And, it appears that they are shielded from EMP waves as well...Would you like me to activate some nuclear fuel rods?
    Certainly. We'll need to ingest them, Ex-Null.
    Suddenly, a dogman wearing a lead body suit and carrying a lead suitcase appeared.
    Sirs! As soon as I heard about the platoon ouside, I prepared these activated fuel rods for you! They're at thei peak right now!
    *GULP*Wow, those taste terrible! Are you ready, Ex-Null? I'm thinking Burning Finger combo, followed by a series of Atomknall Pulses. Do you concur?
    You know I do. Für Ehre!

The battle lasted for about two hours. With the original Grossenchwaum breaking his right arm, Ex-Null ended up going berserk for five minutes. Coincidentally, it was the last five minutes of the battle with the Terminators.
    You just ripped 27 terminators in half with your face.
    Huh. Well, at least we won...?
    Look around you. Yes, we won. Now, let's get back to Das Sturmgeist and have my arm looked at by Hundert.
    With that, the two Grossenschwaums turned and walked back to Das Sturmgeist. However, they overlooked one last robotic torso; This torso had just enough energy to launch itself at the original Grossenschwaum and crush a few vertebrae. The original had been killed.
    With that, the rest of the "programming" within Dogman Null's mind had been unlocked, and he was the new Grossenchwaum.
    The new, very pissed, Grossenschwaum.
    Dogmen! Find Maximus NOW!!

12. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Blinky's copter approached the small splinter of the Grand Canyon, tucked away in the Nevada desert. The side of the sliff face slipped back and the H9 slid silently inside, Charly and Blinky breathing a sigh of relief after the hours of anxious silence, waiting for more jets to try to intercept them.

Lieutenant Miho came up to the chopper and saluted Blinky, the panda having quickly assembled her honor guard to great her big white boss. Blinky was impressed, the aspiring ninja had a knack for military management.

What brings you to Nevada sir?
    I'm sure you can guess, or have you not turned on a television in the past 72 hours?
    I'm afraid I haven't sir.
    Suffice to say hell has frozen over, so all the devils moved to Earth. What's the status on the the Q-17.
    Old White is putting the finishing touches on it now. He's on level 86.
    Thank you Lieutenant, I'll be back up shortly.

Blinky and Charly got on the elevator and descended down to meet Old White. Blinky hadn't been to visit the old man in awhile. He half-dreaded, half-couldn't wait for the reunion. As the elevator stopped and opened to the lobby of sublevel 86, Charly quickly donned his thermostatic protection suit before Blinky opened the door to Old White's lab.

Even through the suit Charly shivered. Blinky, on the other hand, loved the AC. From the cold mist that was forming an irate voice called.

Who's there? Haven't I been disturbed enough today?
    It's me grandpa. Good to, well, hear you again.
    Blinky? Blinky! How've you've been? Wait... who's with you? You didn't bring another one of those grizzly bears around with you?
    No, grandpa, I...
    I told ya not to bring those damn critters around here! Damn darkies, nothing good comes out of the forests I tell ya, nothing good! Hangin around with those damn monkeys and lions and causing all sorts of ruckus.
    Grandpa! He's not a bear, he's human.

This might take awhile...

13. Wolfsbane

While Wolfsbane was standing next to Xiao in the spaceship, pondering on how to best deal with Maximus once they got to Mars, he suddenly had a relevation. Maximus had been very effective with his work this far, and that was mostly because of his technology and, and this was the most important reason to Wolfsbane, his spies on earth.
    He'd even been able to fool Blinky. Spies and infiltrators are one heck of a good rescourse.
    It was then he came to think about one of his old experiments he'd been doing for some few years ago. He'd stationized infiltrator ninja-spiders with all the Lords to be able to monitor them to see what they were up too. He'd even sent one to Mars, but had abandoned the project because his loss of interest soon thereafter.
    As far as he ws concerned, the one on Mars had never got the message to abandon the mission. He'd been too far away. But now, as they were closing in on Mars, he would be able to contact his agent with his chakra energy.

Wolfsbane grinned. Widely.

He focused his energies and tried to find the spiders mind amongst Maximus and his minions on Mars, and soon found it. It's sharpness shocked even Wolfsbane. It was one of the most clear-minded creatures he's ever seen.

Brother, can you hear me? It is me, Wolfsbane, your master. I have at last contacted you after all these years. It is time for your first task.
    What would you have me do, master?

Wolfsbane shivered. Spiders couldn't normally talk, but when they communicated via chakra they had a voice of their own. Every single spider shared this voice. It was a voice that made you shiver, that made you wish you'd never been born. It was the voice of silent, horrid, death.

Your task is this, my brother: Head for Maximus himself. Use your chakra to dampen your aura, and then try to kill him as soon as possible. Use your remaining chakra to stun him, and then go in for the killing strike with either your own poison or your weapons. Should you be detected before you get to Maximus, kill all in your way to destroy him. Do not hesitate, for it is absolutely necessary that Maximus is disabled as soon as possible.

I hear and obey, master.

Wolfsbane ended their mental link, and waited. If the mission was succesful, he'd be contacted before 24 hours. If not, then things would get difficult again. He sighed and turned to Xiao.

How far from Mars are we now, he complained and munched another lump of spam.

14. Maximus

Maximus New Member

The Armada hovered silently, undetected in an orbit parallel to earth. They'd been here for some time now, and were becoming restless, but waited non-the-less, practicing constant exercises and drills to keep them sharp. Maximus' command ship, the Valkerie, sat well protected nestled within the center of his fleet. Secure, or so he thought.

Something small moved in the corner, having avoided detection for quite some time. A vicious ninja-spider, venom dripping from its fangs, eyed Maximus flirting with a woman. It started to sneak forward, focused on its target, when another woman shrieked,
    Ewww! Its a nasty spider! Kill it! Kill it!
    Maximus Swung around, noticed the ninja-spider and pulled out two modified 9mm laser pistols and began firing with deadly accuracy. The spider jumped from side to side and made a valiant attempt to kill Maximus, but took a laser blast right in the face only three feet away, splattering on the wall and making a foul mess on the bridge.
    After inspecting the remains and identifying it as one of Wolfsbane's, he crushed it under his heavy boot. You will pay for his transgression, Cow The woman whom he 'saved' from the dreaded spider hung on his arm, grateful for his protection.

Attention all ships, initiate internal security measures, and seach your ships from stern to bow for any intruders of any types.

Maximus pushed the woman aside and sat at the science desk and began a scan for traces of Wolfsbane. His scanners had been tracking him intermittently for some time, poofing back and forth onto the Earth, and then to an unknown location. He'd left it be, as he'd assuming, incorrectly, that the Cow had fled in fear. After some time, he finally detected his presence, moving toward Mars. Preparations were already in place to thwart any visitors, but it was time to send Wolfsbane a friendly 'hello'. He tapped incessantly at the keyboard, and then dramatically pressed the 'enter' key. Seven interplanetary ballistic cruise missiles launched from the remaining moon of Mars and raced into space, their only mission was intercept Wolfsbane's spaceship and vaporize it! He didn't know that the craft belonged to Xiao, only that the Cow was on board.

Most of the delegates from around the world were now assembled at Harmony Island, only a few Major countries had to arrive and then the DIP summit could commence, which was scheduled to start in 24 hours.

Lord Maximus, the satellite photo's you ordered are back, and it appears that Blinky's hideout in somewhere in Nevada, but the precise location has evaded us., reported Amidala.
    He picked up the telephone again, and rang a number in Nevada Hello, my beautiful Colonel Sinclair, I've got a mission for you...
    The female Army Officer hung up the phone, a smile on her face. She dialed another number, Major, sound the general alarm, ready your tank corps, we've secured the location of the terrorist hideout! We roll in fifteen minutes! She hung up the phone and straped on her sidearm, preparing for battle. She placed the chrome helmet on her head, which caused the scar running down her face to look even scarier than it usually did. Then to herself, The nerve of BTB (Blinky The Bear) to hideout in my backyard. I'll crush you just for trespassing! With that she marched off to her Abrams M1A1 Battle Tank to welcome BTB to America.

Maximus Scanned the reports from the sensors inside the cyborgs that had been sent to destroy Grossen, and a look of surprise crossed his face when he looked at the last pictures and data sent by the bot that had destroyed the Lizard once and for all. They worked better than I'd imagined. Pity, good rivals are far and few between...

15. Grossenschwamm

Tell me you've found the bastard who "killed" me.
    No,sir, but we've just finished designs on an offensive wormhole.
    Offensive wormhole? How?
    Basically, we set the originating coordinates on an object or energy we want to send toward an enemy, and then we set the ending coordinates at the base! At first, we could only move things small distances, but right now, we can move objects at a distance of 1.5 astronomical units!
    That's great, but we still can't find Maximus.
    Yes, sir, that's very true...
    Well, I suppose that this is a great technological advancement for future reference. What would happen if we set the original coordinates in the sun?
    Well...it's possible, but with that much radiation , we don't know for how long the wormhole will remain open, or even if it won't grow unstable and turn into a singularity. Theoretically, if we could harness that massive amount of energy, you would become either the newest domestic energy provider, or a super-dense neutron monster.
    Hmm...both of those possibilities sound intriguing...Get on it.
    In the mean time, I want all other dogmen searching for any indication as to the whereabouts of Maximus. Also, clone me a new Dogman Null.

This was turning out to be more difficult than previously estimated. Maximus was indeed a wily foe. If he had managed to kill Grossenschwaum-Prime, new measures would need to be taken to prevent such an event from ever happening again.
    You know what? Dedicate all of your research to the neutron-monster possiblity. Let's see him try to kill a living pulsar.
    Cheap, environmentally friendly, nearly limitless energy would have to wait.

16. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Be patient, Wolfsbane, Xiao said with a sigh. We're trying to navigate for an entire fleet here! And try not to drop any spam on Baby, she doesn't like it.

You're so wonderful when you get annoyed, Tisianne sent, and Xiao blushed.

Not now, Tis! Xiao giggled, then suddenly became serious. I'm going to go get into my dress uniform. I'm going to show Maximus just who he's messing with.

A few minutes later she returned, resplendant in an amazing suit of white and gold. A white ribbon held her mess of curls in an alaborate braid, and she'd even gone so far as to use gold lipstick and nail polish. She no longer looked human - she was so purely Takisian it was frightening.

Xiao! You're the spitting image of Benaf'saj at your age! You'll put the fear of death into them!

Mummy, we're coming up on Mars now.

Thanks Baby. Tell the fleet to drop out of ghost. She turned those odd gray eyes to Wolfsbane. Wolfsbane, we're here.

17. Maximus

Maximus New Member

The seven ballistic missiles homed in on thier target, Wolfsbane, and locked onto Xiao's unghosted ship, Baby. Alarms started going off inside her ship, warning her that she was about to be space dust. It would be only minutes until impact.

Sir, its seems Wolfsbane has arrived near Mars, and the missiles have locked on his location and will destroy him in 1.5 minutes. Initial reports from the second fleet indicate that he has brought a fleet of ships with him!

Maximus dropped his coffee cup, What?! Their intentions can only be hostile, or else Wolfsbane would have come to Earth to defend her instead of attacking Mars, and he did just try to assassinate me...

Attention Second Fleet, Mars defenses, prepare to repel the attackers!

300 ships of the second fleet had remained behind to guard Mars in case of something like this, as well as provide reinforcements when the time was right. He didn't like to divide forces, but now it seems as if it has been prudent.

Maximus sat down, wondering how the Cow could get resources like that. All of his gathered intel only indicated massive stockpiles of Spam, not warships or the means to us them.... He pulled up the monitor and checked the vieo feed from one of the lead Star-Cruisers and surveyed the opposition, trying to determine whose fleet had just arrived.

The second fleet was mostly battle-hardened spacecraft, designed for combat in space. Among the fleet, were 100 Star Cruisers, which were capable of fast maneuverablity and were designed purely to attack and destroy other ships through rapid-fire lasers and a bombardment of missiles.

Also amongst the fleet were 75 Battlestars, who's massive guns and vast array of armaments were designed for one reason, to destroy everything in its path, victory through superior firepower. There was enough main guns onboard to destroy entire cities, and enough secondary robotic guns to eliminate any smaller craft that ventured to near.

25 Stealthcraft made up the underside of the fleet, capable of remaining in deep cloak they could surface at a moments notice, launch a volley of torpedo attacks, and sink back into cloak almost instantly. They cloaked and seperated from the fleet.

Finally, over 50 Carriers made up the core of the fleet. Each one of these ships carried over 200 fighters and bombers on board, and were heavily guarded by not only the other ships, but also by a vast amount of defensive weaponry.

The remaining craft were tankers and support craft, and pulled away and to the rear of the fleet. Now the entire fleet dropped into cloaked mode while its personnel, mostly terminator bots commanded by Amazons readied their battlestations.

18. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Xiao's forces dropped out of ghostspace, and instantly the minds of three hundred sentient ships cried out in warning. Without pause they split up into a complicated, beautiful dance of evasion, firing return volleys whenever the pattern allowed it.

Incoming missiles! they're homing in on Baby!

I see them, Talli!

Baby's ghost lance shot out into a fan, striking down the missiles before they could strike their target.

Mummy, are we ready?

Damn straight. Tisianne, are you prepared?

Always, genamiri.

A trio of ships set themselves to defending Baby, who suddenly powered down everything bar life support and gravity. Tisianne linked his mind to Xiao, and Baby started broadcasting images and sounds to every available mind on Earth.

People of Earth. My name is Xiao Caity brant T'Sara sek halimar sek Omian sek Ragnar. Some of you know me as a trader, and many of your governments quietly use my products in the 'defense' of your countries. Now I emerge from my quiet existance to warn you. Maximus, who claims to be your friend and ally, was in fact the source of the asteroids which came so close to destroying our world, and indirectly almost responsible for the destruction of our sister world, Takis.

We've got a set of stealth ships coming up on us. We're doing our best, but they're playing havoc with the smaller ships.

Zabb, take Hellcat and help our cousins. We'll be fine.

Moreover, he has been using Takisian technology to manipulate your minds. I'm going to fix that.

Xiao drove Baby's probe deep into every mind she could reach, her strength paving the way for Tisianne's skillful manipulations. Across the world, billions of people who had formerly been under the control of Maximus' transmissions experienced a short sharp shock, and then complete freedom from the manipulative undercurrent. Furthermore, Tisianne wove a small pattern that would protect them from falling subject to it once more.

Several of the attack ships just turned tail and ran.

Thanks... Zabb...

Take control of the fleet for the time being.

Completely drained, Baby drifted through space, Xiao and Tisianne completely drained and partially burnt out.

When I catch whoever sold Maximus that stuff, I'll kill them... Xiao muttered, the first verbal words she'd uttered since informing Wolfsbane of their arrival.

19. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

A status report squawked into Blinky's ear. Inside the base all communications were secure, EVERYTHING was secure. The United States military was attacking the dummy target, just as expected. Being in good with a shadow government had its advantages. Within half an hour the might of an eliteUnited States military squad would crash through the petty defenses of a bunker north of Las Vegas, destroying all inside and butchering a large-bred, but in every other way mundane, polar bear. The bear was almost identical to Blinky, and the cameras wouldn't get close enough to tell. They'ld show him to the press for a moment and scurry his 'body' off into a Black Hawk and fly away for a proper autopsy. They'ld probably dump the bear in a river somewhere, the people would go to sleep comfortably tonight, he'ld be off the military's radar again, and four choice Senators, and the Secretary of Defense would go to bed richer men than they were yesterday.

Blinky lit up his last joint. He was dry after this, and, while he might like weed, he wasn't prepared to risk exposure to ship in more. He smoked it slowly, savoring the taste, knowing he'ld be sober through the battle for possession of Earth. That thought would simply be taken out on Maximus and his troops all the more.

While he smoked, Miho and Old White rattled off the details of the situation with the Q-7. It was built, but untested, it's weapons worked, but weren't tested, and it was space-worthy, allegedly. If it was, then it was the single largest, most powerful type of spacecraft to ever grace this sector, excepting the battlestar that passed through four years ago on its way to bombard Regulus Prime.

The Q-7 had 65 decks, and was the main impetus for Blinky's recent dolomite mining spree. The craft was almost indestructible, but that made its top speed suffer. Only by investing hundreds of research hours into the Spacial-Pulsation Induction Drive, or SPID, could it even get off the ground, and then it topped out at a mere .25 impulse.

The medical center was on par with any fully-stocked military hospital, the armaments were heavier than the combined military might of Great Britain, and the armor was thicker than Blinky's chest. Four primary laser turrets on the front, with 8 secondaries, and two high-powered rail guns. Four mass drivers accompianied them, to make that the most dangerous side of the ship to be on. 18 Gauss towers stood on the back of the ship, with 24 minor laser batteries supporting them. The stern also bristled with weapons, like four double-barrel, fully-turreted mass drivers, and the exit for the sizeable fighter bays. The sides were home to the twin Excelsior class Ion beam cannons, as well as two dozen precision lasers and four ports to fire photon torpedoes out of. The port and starboard sides each possesed a complement of 12 half-turreted rail guns, and the lasers on the sides of the top and bottom could fire in supplemental defense.

The fighters were also impressive; with three classes and a full complement of each, the fighters were some of the fastest and most manueverable around. Each carried a twinned-laser with a photon cannon strapped to the underchassis. Provided with countermeasures for the proper defense, they were menaces. The bombers carried lone precision lasers, but a full set of both emp grenades, thermite incendiary bombs, capable of melting through most steel, and their standard explosives, a simple 100 kiloton blast in a compacted package. Troop tansports with a fully rotatable mass driver on the top and bottom could transport up to 20 trained marines to and from a target.

Blinky smiled, he didn't know where Maximus was precisely, but he was ready. Charly had contacted the CIA and currently was setting up to have 'Gross' killed by a fanatical suicide bomber. He'ld probably have to call Gross some time and let him know that. Blinky reached for the phone as Old White finished his spiel about the guns they designed for the troops onboard, spin offs of the M16, except advanced in several ways, like recoil etc, and equipped with tasers, laser sights, built-in flashlight, and fittings to attach a grenade launcher. Blinky made a mental note to ask about giving them flak grenades too.

20. Grossenschwamm

Sir, it's been quite the undertaking, but we're pretty sure that we can keep the wormhole open long enough for you to become a super-dense neutron monster.
    Pretty sure?
    Well, we can't really test it. This is more of a "once and done" deal.
    Very well. That's better than nothing. Bring Das Sturmgeist in to orbit around the earth.
    Yes, sir! By the way, we've found Maximus! He seems to be at the recieving end of a large armada of alien spacecraft lead by...Xiao Caity!
    Then bring Das Strumgeist to their current location, and activate the wormhole. Tell me, will I need to breathe when I've transformed?
    No, sir. If you did need to breathe, it would only be within two hours of leaving the ship, anyway. Well, that's how it would be if you were still organically based. With the extra energy in your body, breathing will be nothing but a habit that can be broken. You also will no longer require food. You will be completely self sufficient, but we recommend that you don't come back to earth when this is all said and done. You would destroy it with your presence.
    ...Alright. I see we're along side Xiao's fleet. Is the wormhole ready? Ready the airlocks, I'll step outside. Zero in the ending coordinates on my location once I've left Das Sturmgeist.
    Grossenschwaum left Das Sturmgeist, and was immediately hit wish so much power that he thought he might explode. However, the extra sub-atomic particles hit him with such force that he gained mass proportional to the energy in his body. Your normal Grossenschwaum is fifteen feet tall, and weighs approximately three tons. The Neutron-Grossenschwaum was still fifteen feet tall, but weighs something around 300 tons. Also, he gives off his own light.
    With this new found energy, when Grossenschwaum spoke, his voice would be carried through matter as well as radiation, so he could be picked up by modern communications systems.
    Is everything complete?
    Grossenschwaum recieved a "thumbs up" from his dogmen at the window, all of them wagging their tails.
    Dogmen, return to earth and activate Neo-Dogman Null. I guess I'm not going with you...
    Xiao, can you see me? I thought you might need a little extra help.
    MAXIMUS!! Get yourself ready!

With that, Grossenschwaum shot himself forward with a blast of plasma.

Our Host!