The State of the World

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Forum' started by Blinky969, Jul 17, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Mummy! Something's happening to the Earth!

Xiao and Perriman watched in stunned silence as the Earth suddenly sped up drastically for several minutes, sending the remaining two asteroids hurtling into space.

Baby, track the asteroids!

The larger is heading directly into Network Space...

Good. May the Master Traders wither.

Mummy! The other is heading for Takis!

Xiao half-fell from her chair. Not Takis... the Takisians were good trading partners, good allies, and most importantly good friends...

Baby, teleport Perriman back to the main base. Then activate your ghost drive. We need to help the Takisians...

And we might get to see Tisianne again... she thought with a faint blush.

Earth can take care of itself for a few days, right?

2. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

The flash of the exiting asteroids gave the location of the wormhole away. Vorak order his crew to steer the ship into it.

I sure hope this thing doesn't close up before we get through it

Maximus may have the bigger force, but Vorak had surprise on his side as well as the fact that there never had been another ship quite like his. He ordered a complete systems check and ordered Zod to take command while he had a few hours sleep.

The only downside to this plan was that when your in a wormhole you can't contact anyone outside of it, for all the other lords knew he'd run off.

3. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Xiao lay in the low bed that Baby had extruded from her gaint body. She was nearing Takisian space, and if she didn't herald herself there'd be hell to pay.

Except that she'd accidentally found the LAST person she wanted to talk to.

Zabb.

Xiao Caitlin. Should you not be in Sol space?

Two things. Firstly: It's Caity. C. A. I. T. Y. I know you have the basic intellect to understand me - do try to use it.

She smirked at the static anger that comment prompted. She really was way too much like Tisianne sometimes.

Secondly: If you had bothered to listen to the static that Hellcat is sending your way, you would already know about the asteroid rocketing your way. Now, as a stirp of Tisianne brant T'Sara sek Halimar sek Omian, I wish to speak to Tisianne.

You push your limits... but I am ordered to obey.

Awww. You're getting soft on me, Zabb.

More static anger, then the comforting indigo wash of Tisianne's mind.

Xiao! Takis is a bit off the beaten track for you, isn't it? Nevertheless, I am pleased to have you back.

Tisianne... I missed you. Unfortunately, I have bad news - Maximus attacked Earth with asteroids, and the defense systems were less... discriminating than I would like. Baby and I are trying to slow it down, but someone needs to organize a defense in case we fail.

Always an emergency... But yes, I understand the urgency of the situation. I'll mobilise the family immediately. Xiao... please no more grandstand risks after this? I would hate to deprive Earth or a mind so truely Takisian...

Mummy! We've almost caught up to the asteroid!

We'll be careful, Tis... I still want to introduce you to sushi...

With a dual roar of woman and ship, Baby unleashed the power of the ghost laser...

4. Maximus

Maximus New Member

Maximus watched with interest the chaos unfolding on Earth from a conceiled location in space. His fleet utilized stolen Martian technologies that allowed them to stay perfectly cloaked, provided they didn't move or engage in any hostile actions. In order to begin the invasion, they would need to uncloak, but at that point the earthlings wouldn't be able to do anything about it. Soon, the asteroids would collide with three main targets on Earth, but the best one would be the Polar Ice caps, which had the possibility to unleash worldwide flooding and hopefully trigger an Ice Age. After the impact, the masses would be in total chaos, and then he would initiate the next phase of operations.

The three projectiles emerged out of the wormhole and started lumbering toward earth menacingly.

Sir, there's an unidentified ship entering the Wormhole! The hull has the words 'Odin' printed on the side, reported Callisto, scantilly clad in combat leather.
    Vorak. Thats a bold move, especially considering the wormhole has never been tested with living things inside of it before. Better not take any chances though, He opened a comms channel back to the Asteroid Belt, Wonder Woman, there's an intruder in the wormhole and may be coming your way in two days, provided he lives. Prepare a division of terminator bots and prepare to repel our visitor. Oh, and send him a lttle gift to keep him company....
    Wonder Woman began issuing commands to her subordinates to ready battle stations and to organize the combat robots into position. Then she typed something onto her terminal and a large iron box loaded onto the platform, the side read "Anti-ship robotics" and had a picture of a squid-like metal monster on the side. The wormhole activated once again and fired 10 of these robots into the wormhole. Wonder Woman checked her 'war-paint' and reapplied another layer of lipstick.

Maximus returned to the console and watched the rocks zero in on their appointed targets, when all of a sudden one of them seemed to stall out in space, as if halted by a viscious stare? And then *boom!* a powerful blue laser beam shot out and blasted the stone to bits, causing a pleasant red glow in the atmosphere. What! What the hell was that! He got to his feet, flushed with anger. Surely they aren't that powerful?! he growled.

And then the unthinkable happened, the Earth jolted forward in space, causing the asteroids to miss the earth, again!
    Maximus stood speechless, awe visably upon his face. He tried to speak, or protest, but there were no words for that. He sat down and began comtemplating how best to deal with this new situation, and began studying the readouts from his satellites over Asia and Eastern Europe.

Sir, this is agent Gabrielle reporting in, I've encountered The Bear, and after seducing him, I planted a tracking device in his back. He can not escape us now!, she declared triumphantly. Just then an EMP blast knocked out all sources of electronic capabilities in central Japan, crippling the worldwide anime consortium for sure. The comms channel with Gabrielle issued only static now. Hopefully she was all right.

5. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

He had succeeded in halting the asteroid with The Glare, Wolfsbane knew that much. But what happened afterwards was at least not of his doing. That he knew as well.
    What he didn't know was what the hell had happened. One second he'd seen the asteroids looming towards earth right above him. The next moment had been a blurry one; like if the world had spun very, very fast, and avoided the asteroids. They were still visable, but they were definetly going to miss.

The bear, Wolfsbane thought, Only he could be able to do such a thing. Bloody unnecessary though: I could've handled them asteroids myself...

What to do now, then? Were there still a threat from Mars, or was it all over? It had all been solved quite fast, Wolfsbane had to admitt. Too fast, anyway. Maximus should be able to launch more than three asteroids on earth. If he really wanted something done, he'd declare a full scale attack. But there just wasn't any attack out there. Not as far as Wolfsbane could feel, anyway.
    But he did pick up a signal. He picked up a conversation in which, he was quite sure, Xiao was involved. The asteroids seemed to head somewhere else where they could do damage.
    Wolfsbane decided to intercept.

He focused his chacra energies, located Xiao once again, and disapeared with a faint -pop-, and a small wisp of smoke.

He appeared right beside Xiao Caity.

Hello. Need any help with this? he said, and grinned.

6. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

How long was I unconscious?
    For thirty-seven minutes, sir.
    Alright. That's a new record, eh boys? Ha ha ha. What's the time?
    Yes, sir *chuckles*! Ah, yes, the time now, according to the current rotation of the earth, is 18:52.
    WHAT?! That's a six hour time difference! You told me I was only out for thirty-seven minutes!! Unless...
    Yes, sir, it appears that due to the machinations of Blinky, the earth made a quarter revolution during the last five minutes of your..."sleep."
    Of course, he thought, He's the only one of the earth-based lords with such powerful connections.
    How many dogmen did I lose while irradiated?
    Thirty-seven, sir. Wow, what a strange coincidence...
    Why, yes it is. Sir, how do you wish to replace those lost?
    Hmm...Activate Dogman Null. Then, divert fifteen percent of Das Sturmgeist's power to the cloning bay. I want the new recruits alert within twenty minutes.
    Dogman Null was the ONLY dogman with two names. He was created with a relatively small amount of human and dog DNA, when compared to the others. The rest of his genetic code was derived from Grossenschwaum himself. In the event of Grossenschwaum's death, Dogman Null would become the new Grossenschwaum, in part because his mind had been implanted with memories of being Him that would be activated in the unlikely even of His death. In fact, the mere presence of Grossenschwaum's brainwaves would cause Dogman Null to lose his original appearance, and become identical to Grossenschwaum, albeit with sharper teeth.
    Y-yes, sir...
    A series of buttons was arbitrarily pressed, followed by a hydraulic blast-door opening. A huge, scaly dogman appeared.
    Dogman Null, reporting for duty.

7. Maximus

Maximus New Member

A change in plans was necessary. It was an unpleasant thing, but sometimes necessary. You will pay for this, Bear!, thought Maxmus,as he gritted his teeth.

Preparations are almost complete, my Liege, remarked Amidala. Maximus admired her in her sexy battle Lingerie, which only barely covered the naughty bits. Her appearance would be crucial for the next phase of operations. He went over to Callisto and inspected her as well. She was dressed in a tight fitting skimpy leather outfit that made her irresistible, but sort of dominant and scary as well. Perfect!

Sir, we're ready when you are., said the technician behind the camera. Moments ago, he was successful in siezing control of the worldwide media satellites via small but effective micro-bots. These allowed him to take control of the transmissions whenever he wanted, allowing him to broadcast his message to the world! Sieze control!, he commanded.

*Bzzzttt!!* Television screens around the world suddenly lost their programming, then suddenly they all began displaying an ominous Black flag with a dark red circle in the middle. The shot panned out to reveal a gruff and powerful looking man Clad in a finely made Armani suit seated between two stunning looking women. Peoples of the Earth, greetings. I am Lord Maximus, ruler of Mars and Commander-in-Chief of the Red Legion of Amazons. I have grave news for you...

People all around the world; rioters in Europe, pastel warriors in Japan, and barbequeing Americans all stopped what they were doing to hear what was going on.

I have come here to help you, to save you from the monsters that plague your planet, that even now seek to destroy you all! Watch these recent scenes of the horrors they tried to inflict on you: Images of a Cow seemingly controlling an asteroid with his mind, another of a glowing Lizard blasting powerful lasers into the sky to turn it blood red, and finally, the Bear talking;
    Arleen, what's our estimated time of destruction?
    Two hours, twenty four minutes, sir.
    And all systems are operating as specified?
    To the letter. Are you sure this will work, sir?
    Yes. Activate the final step
    ...followed by the worldwide quake and images of buildings falling around him and women screaming.
    These terrorists are trying to destroy your planet! The Cow launched asteroids at your planet, the Lizard threatens even now to vaporize your atmosphere, and now, the Bear wishes to disrupt the orbit of your planet and plunge it into the Sun!
    That is why I am here, to help you rid yourself of these terrorists!
    , off camera, a technician pushes a button labeled 'fear', which triggers a vague but effective hypnotic suggestion through the television signal, effecting billions worldwide without their knowledge.

To assist you in protecting yourselves, I have brought my Armada with me to help you, my Earthling friends,, she pressed the 'happy' button, rid yourselves of these terrifying monsters once and for all! - 'fear'

To help coordinate our efforts across Worlds, I require the Leaders of the world and their executive staffs to attend a summit entitled, Discourse on Intergalactic Peace (DIP) that I have arranged on a small island in the Bering Sea.'happy''happy''happy'...after all, what we all really want is to live in peace and harmony with each other.'submission''fear''happy''pacify'

The transmission ended first by showing the location of the island, then fading out with a Black flag showing a red sphere with a happy face drawn on it. *Bzzzttt!!* the televisions of the world returned to normal, the talking heads of media in a buzz about what just happened, everyone talking about how wonderful that Maximus was here to save the day, that life existed elsewhere in the universe, and how hot the two women were. Even now, the subliminal messages would be effecting people everywhere, compelling them to trust Maximus and force their leaders to go to the DIP summit.

Maximus jumped down from the booster seat on his chair, which had been concealed during transmission. He didn't mind being short, as many of the Earths greatest conquerors weren't the tallest either, but for appearances sake it was better to appear taller. The two Amazon bimbo's would also prove to be an effective diversion.

All was going according plan, (and it better stay that way or else!), he thought. ....The Armada remained silently in cloak.

8. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Pop.

Mummy! There's a cow in here!

Concentrate, Baby, concentrate... I'll handle him...

Xiao turned eyes that were both intensely angry and oddly distant to Wolfsbane. What the HELL do you think you're doing? Do you have any idea what the shock of your arrival could have done to Baby? Do you have any idea what I would have done to you if you'd hurt her?

Mummy, mummy, I can't keep it up... I'm so tired, Mummy...

Shit! If you want to make up for pissing me off, Wolfsbane, then turn whatever telepathic power you may or may not have to supporting Baby!

She closed her eyes and found that odd little place deep within herself. Tisianne had taught her to use it to defend herself against Zabb... now she would use it to help her ship.

All that she was, had been, and could be turned to Baby, giving all her strength to fortify the ship.They were so close...

9. Maximus

Maximus New Member

Madness reigned below. Rioting still continued in Eastern Europe, and had spread into southern California for no discernable reason, leaving Los Angeles in ruins, the Hollywood sign now a towering inferno.

The UN met daily to discuss the new measures, while the French seemed intent on surrendering immediately to whom ever would accept. America excitedly began talking about peace and security, and seemed to be the most effected by the subliminal effects of the video transmissions. They also began deploying military forces all over the globe looking for terrorist monsters, but for some unknown reason weren't very successful. Two million protesters descended on Washington DC, half opposed to the peace plan and half in support. The supports started attacking the other side with picket signs painted with flowers and peace symbols.

Various European and South American countries started sending their Leaders and Staff to the island mentioned, which had just been unceremoniously renamed Harmony Island. Droves of reporters began descending like vultures looking for a free meal. Overnight, the mostly barren island was transformed into a massive sound-stage, complete with docks, a small makeshift airport, insanely priced hotel rooms made from prefab housing, and a floating helicopter landing field made from a converted WorldWar II Aircraft Carrier. Security Services from around the world started installing cutting edge security all over the island, to include a 20 mile restricted/no-fly zone, complete with small warships, attack aircraft, and anti-air artillery.

Texas decided that the rest of the world had completely lost it, and separated itself by declaring itself a sovereign country, sealing its borders with State Militia and the National Guard, and refused to communicate with the outside world, to include jamming all further radio and television broadcasts.

Religious fanatics flocked in the streets with signs of 'The End is Nigh', and 'Prepare yourself, God is coming'. They were encouraged by the display of burning iron that marked the skys over Europe for three days. Public sermons could be heard talking about the Four Horsemen of the Apocalyse and Judgement Day, and those in attendence seemed strangely pleased. A religious sect in South America commited mass suicide to be at one with the Divine Spaceship of Antioch.

And somewhere in England, one man suddenly knew the truth of what was about to happen, but nobody listened.

10. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Blinky dropped into the alley and stuck one elongated nail into the side of the guard's throat, a massive paw encircling the dying man to keep him from falling. His clues on the ship had lead here, to an old record shop downtown, allegedly run by an American named Perry Silverman. How like the CIA to use a Jew as a cover story.

Blinky liberated the corpse of its uzi and a grenade. He always made it a habit to pick up grenades, they're usually useful at some point down the line. He squeezed inside the door and his eyes adjusted to the poor lighting immediately.

Steps, fourteen going down. A door at the bottom, which he crept to on three legs, uzi and grenade in one hand. He stopped for a second and sniffed... three people on the other side of the door... and Charly had been in there too, recently.

The door folded when he shoved into it, swinging around to hit one of the men. The man crumbled, his two compatriots lasting only moments longer as a backhand from Blinky snapped ones neck and the other fell to a reverse heel flip and dropped headfirst to the ground. Fragile humans, with all their perchant for concussions.

Blinky sniffed again, then shuffled towards the back room. This was no record store. Record stores don't have armories. In front of him, unarmed, stood the pride of the CIA's second department.

It has ben awile Blinky. We have thinks to talk about.

11. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

Wolfsbane, who didn't have much Chakra left, ignored Xiaos' command and said, calmly:

Sorry dear, but I don't have time for that now. You should be able to keep "Baby" going for a few more minutes, I believe, and in the meantime I can stop the asteroid. Howd's that sound?

He didn't whait for her reply, and turned instead towards a window facing the asteroid. He once again focused his gaze upon the giant rock, and mumbled, between his teeth:

Hold on, Xiao. This could get rocky...

He fixed his gaze upon the middle of the rock, and his eyes slowly started turning into silver. Pearls of sweat appeared on his forehead as he stubbornly stared at the rock.
    Then came the shockwawe.

The Glare was released inside Xiaos' ship, unsteady ground, and was more or less thrown out of it's previous path. Wolfsbane managed to stay afoot though, and didn't have time to check on Xiao at all; his concern lay with the ateroid. After a while struggling, the giant rock fell for The Glares' astounding power and stopped in pure fear of being stared at more by the cow that was currently holding it in it's gaze.

Wolfsbane ended The Glare, and turned back to the ship and Xiao.

Sorry, just felt something needed to be done. Here, let me help you with that.

Wolfsbane directed the last remaning Chakra energy of his into the ship, and fell down to the ship floor. He was exhausted, and nearly passed out.

Could you hand me some of my spam, please? It's in the suitcase...

12. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

You're right Charly, we do need to talk. You have about three seconds to tell me what the fuck is going on around here before I blow you sky high, this is not a good day to fool around with me.
    My, my, wat ist with this temper. Perhaps I should ask you wey, since you are the bad guy here.

Blinky growled and fidgeted with the grenade. He had no idea why Charly was acting so smug. Charly knew the bear wouldn't hesitate to use the grenade, even in a confined space, if it suited him. Hell, Blinky could probably eat it and come away with little more than a case of indigestion. The only thing that was stopping him was the residentials on either side, and if it came down to it, he'ld go save them himself. What was Charly thinking. Blinky got his answer when a wall of televisions behind him lit up. All sorts of monitors displaying all sorts of information. It was almost as impressive as his central intelligence networks in Hudson Bay.

Roughly half the screens were of varying news organizations. But wait. Maximus! They were prattling on about him like he was some sort of hero!

What the hell is all this!
    Netwerk news, Blinky. It dos not have enogh about Allah on it, but it ist good for some tings.
    That still doesn't answer the question about what in the hell you're doing here. What the hell does the CIA have to do with this?
    Pleas Blinky, you migt think we is crazy, but why would we wants Maximus in charge? We want wat is good for Allah, this ist not. Do not wrong get me, another day, I will be wanting you dead. But today, it seem both of us have a bigger prolbem.
    You don't know a damn thing about my problems Charly. That crate, what was in it?
    Just a hench.

Charly turned to one of the computers and tapped a button. Several f the monitors changed viewing to various read outs of an impressive array of data. Blinky stepped forward a bit to get a better view.

Extra-atmospheric pressure sensors... time-space integrity... gravitational dispersion factors... When exactly did you guys get the equipment to even get this information?
    We may have hda help. A mutual frend. Mayb mre mutual of yours then of mine.

Charly winked at Blinky, who couldn't help but smile at the joke.

If you only knew how little that narrowed it down... All this data, do you know what it means.
    No. I wes oping you could tell me. You do net think I go on the telvision all the tim do you?
    Heh, well, let me see... It looks like an extra-atmospheric disturbance in time-space. Probably... hmmm, it looks like a wormhole. Triggered a few days ago in time with the asteroids. It's still active though... This is the fleet Maximus was talking about. There must be at least 1000 of them, and they're en route now.
    It ist what I had thought, sadly.
    Maybe, but you're forgetting one thing. Manipulating the masses is my job. I don't like competition. Looks like we might have to tolerate each other for a little bit.
    Gled wer on the same page.

13. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

Sir! There's a disturbing report of your latest Atomknall Kanone!
    Grossenschwaum turned his gaze towards the massive plasma-monitor in the center of Das Sturmgeist.
    "Thanks to our saviour from Mars, we have video proof of why the skies over Europe have turned red. It appears to be massive lizard, a global terrorist with incredible thermonuclear capabilities. From what we can gather, he did this simply to strike fear in our hearts. We've estimated that if he was to turn his awesome power on a city the size of New York, the entire area, plus about 500 square miles, would be leveled and deemed unliveable for approximately 4,000 years due to the massive amounts of radiation."
    500 square miles...hah! More like Montana!
    Sir, that's not the point. Maximus has made you, and likely the other lords, into a terrorist. Not only that, the whole world, save for one man in England, is in a position to collect a three trillion dollar bounty, provided they can bring in your head.
    Dogman Null, that's why you're here. If people discover that "I" am still alive, no one will collect anything.
    I honestly couldn't give a damn as to the world's opinion of me. They all know who I am, correct? That means they all fear me. Ah, damn...fear isn't the same as respect. That means I have to do something about all this...
    Dogman Null! Sgt. Pepper and the Lonely Hearts Club Band!

This was the verbal code sequence to activate the latent brain waves and genetic codes within Dogman Null. This was the only other way to start the transformation, short of killing Grossenschwaum. However, Dogman Null would retain his personality until the real Grossenschwaum had died.
    Uh...Sir, why?
    You know what? Never mind. I already know.

No, you don't. That only crossed my mind once. Honestly, now, I don't consider making out with a clone of myself masturbation anymore.
    What? No, I mean you wanted a look-alike, to lessen the chance of being located.
    Of course...that was my second guess. But the real reason I said the aural code sequence was so that I would have a crew member of equal mind and body to me, with whom I could nip this global problem in the bud. I mean that I need two of me to expose Maximus for what he really is.
    At this point, the two Grossenschwaums began planning a four point plan to expose Maximus...
    [

14. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Xiao didn't hear the words that Wolfsbane said, but the full effect of the glare sent her reeling with Baby, her entire mind still intricately linked with that of her ship.

Muummmmmmmmyyyyy!

I'm with you Baby!

Finally the ship settled, and Xiao managed to extricate her mind enough to crawl over to the suitcase, withdrawing a lump of spam and lobbing it weakly at Wolfsbane.

Mummy, Hellcat's here...

Never thought I'd be happy to see Zabb... Make a couch for Wolfsbane to rest on while he recovers... Gods I'm tired...

Xiao, I thought you promised that you wouldn't take any more risks!

Hi Tis... That wasn't me... We're very tired, can Hellcat use her grappler to bring us in?

Already done.

A slight jolt rocked Baby as Hellcat's psychic grappler locked on to the smaller ship. Xiao smiled weakly and crumpled to the floor, completely drained.

15. Maximus

Maximus New Member

Gabrielle? Can you here me?, Maximus asked into the comms unit. Static was his only answer. Very well, the show must go on.

Hopefully she would know enough to get out the way of the Japanese Self-Defense forces, who were even now descending on the location of the Bear. He'd just transmitted the coordinates through a trusted emissary in the Japanese government, along with satellite imagery of the Bear's last known location. They were eager to lay hands on the terrorist, not only for the reward money, but also at the request of the Underground, the Anime Yakuza! They were quite displeased with his EMP blast that destroyed the anime factory in central Japan, and had issued a seperate reward for his head on a platter. Right now, ninja-clad death-squads were trying to intercept him before the Japanese military took him into custody, or killed him if he resisted.

Maximus scanned the available satellites but could only see the destroyed remains of the Kratzbalger. Had the beast destroyed himself during the blast? He didn't like loose ends, but for the moment he had no choice. Also, what happened to the Cow and Xiao? Were they in hiding, and would they interfere with his master plans? They'd disappeared from his field of view some time ago, and he had no way of knowing where they were. More unanswered questions.

No matter, everything was under control. He'd broadcasted three more times via the television to reinforce his dreams of a unified and happy peaceful universe where everybody got along and sang Coom-Ba-Ya! It revolted him, and sickened him more to believe that these people actually fell for it! Of course, the repeated blasts of hypnotic suggestions probably helped, but still! Texas on the other hand would still prove to be a pain, but would be dealt with in due time.

Also, during his broadcasts, he'd continued to install fear in the world's population regarding the terrorists that had plagued the planet and threatened to interfere with his plans of World Domination ... er, rather, threatened to destroy the world. Europe was now up in arms over the rioting that the Lizard had caused, and had joined the fight to seek out and destroy the menace. Oddly though, they refused to join the Americans in the search, and claimed that only the Lizard was their concern. The Chinese and North Koreans remained silent on the matter, but made preparations to test-fire missiles at unspecified locations and at a time of their choosing, which angered the Japanese and Americans.

Fools, thought Maximus, supposedly on the verge of galactic peace, and all they can do is fight amongst themselves.

Meanwhile, within the wormhole, the 10 anti-ship robots began to deploy, their squid-like forms extending barbed tentacles in front of themselves, as they closed on the target of 'Odin'. The wormhole disrupted any form of cloaking and caused minor interference in any electronic devices, even the bots now deployed within. Once they made contact with the ship, they would attempt to tear it to pieces as they worked to get at Vorak and terminate him....

16. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Charly brought around a van. Him being human better allowed him to manuever around the chaotic streets. This missionette was simply, reach the drop point and get a lift from Blinky's chopper. Blinky scanned once for observers and hopped in the back of the van.

He was a bit impressed with the CIA's resources. Mobile radar jamming in their vans and a pseudo-effective version of electromag cloaking. Rolling down the road listening to Islamic folk music with Charly was actually kind of fun.

In the meantime, Blinky would have to even the playing field. He hated to break radio silence, but there was an cell phone tower right near the area anyway. He scurried out and placed the bug on the tower, then set it to relay the message to Arleen.

The code was uncrackable. Blinky had tried. There was seemingly no logic to the message of numbers and letters, except that it was Arleen's job to know the strange language. The signal bounced between fifteen randomly chosen satellites and antenna relays before routing over to the cave. With any luck he'ld be out of the country before they traced it back. Scurrying into the van they took off for the top of the mountain.

Back at the cave, Arleen came back from her coffee break to see an incoming message light blinking on her console. Bringing it up on the screen, she could only see one command from her employer.

We're getting bad press. Reboot the signal.

17. Vorak

Things were heating up literally, the temperature of the ship was radiply rising, it wasn't looking good. Crew members were dropping all around him, Vorak figured that if he started the process now he could have enough replacements cloned by the time he arrived. But in the mean time, he'd have to do the leg work. The computer estimated another 24 hrs to go and then there would be a reckoning.

18. Maximus

Maximus New Member

Computer enhanced images of a giant polar bear with evil eyes and massive fangs eating babies and old ladies filled the screen. The Bear turned to the camera and announced that he would feast on the bones of everyones children, and when he was done he would plunge the planet into the Sun! All the while, the subliminal messages kept sending 'Fear' to the hapless viewers.

The program was obviously a well engineered fake, but unless you actually knew Blinky, you wouldn't know the difference. The religious right came out and started denouncing the Bear as the incarnation of Satan on Fux News, with Bill O'Ruley rooting them on.

Another station aired more images of fear and destruction, this time of a Giant Lizard attacking Tokyo and smashing old people under foot, and eating terrified uniformed school-girls in a single bite. The pictures were of Grossen, only enlarged to make him into a giant. The program ended with the Lizard firing off the Blue Laser and blowing up a bus full of nuns. The imagery was poor, and a complete cut/paste job over an old Go-zilla flick, but the hypnotic signal inside the program was turned up to its maximum. Weaker-willed people started freaking out and running through the streets as if they themselves were getting attacked.

Resistance groups started poping up all over the world, trying to counter the televised controls being inflicted on the population, but they were disorganized and couldn't mount an effective resistance. The best groups were only capable of jamming localized transmissions or broadcasting pirate television programming to plead for calm or defiance. A group in Montana started stockpiling heavy arms and hoards of ammunition to prepare for some unknown invasion from hidden forces.

Iran, seeing an opportunity to lash out during the chaos, launced its only nuclear weapon at Israel. Due to poorly designed rockets, it changed course and exploded over the skies of Tehran. They immediately announced a Jihad on Israel for attacking them with nuclear weapons. Tensions in the Middle East escalated dramatically, with Israeli embassies coming under attack by Muslim protesters all over the world.

Maximus sat in his Command Ship, the 'Valkerie', overlooking the madness below and revelled in the chaos. Soon, the final phase of operations would commence, and then nobody could stop him!

19. Vorak

Initiate secondary engine, prepare for full speed

Vorak smiled smugly, they didn't expect him for another day yet, he issued an order to maximise the front shields and sat back in his command seat.

The Odin burst from the wormhole and was immediately engulfed in a flash of white light, the ship began shaking and terrible scraping noises echoing around the ship. Vorak order all available energy diverted into the shields, whilst heading for his escape pod, just in case. Zod took command and order the front rockets fired, something blew up, they could hear it, but they couldn't see it, visuals had failed for some reason.

However the ship seemed to be holding up. Word came through that they had repaired the external cameras, but the rest of the repairs would take a while. Vorak was finally able to order a visual confirmation of what they had hit, the screen in front of him lit up. They were in the middle of a debris field, it was then that a woman wearing blue star-spangled pants floated past, she wasn't moving.

It would appear that I crashed into Maximus' welcoming party, this won't put him in the best of moods

With a sigh Vorak ordered the shields lowered, they only had enough energy for the cloaking or the shields, not both. Hopefully the repairs would be fast, until they were done he was practically a sitting duck.

20. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Blinky tapped his watch. Arleen was seven seconds late. They would discuss that. Then the trio of monitors in the van flicked off. Charly turned to him, asking the question without even opening his mouth.

I'm the majority shareholder in almost every television station in the world, and almost as many radio channels. I decide when half of them get turned off. I also decide when the other half start running marathons old Daily Show episodes and porn. That'll keep Maximus boxed out, at least until he can crack into the broadcasting networks.

Charly nodded as he tapped the green button flashing on his monitor. Arabic sputtered out of the radio, a thirty second CIA briefing. Blinky wasn't up on that particular tongue, but he remembered enough of it from his to know they were talking about protests. Leave the world alone for a few hours and it all goes to hell in a handbasket.

Blinky crossed his legs in the back. He needed a new idea. A more... aggressive... idea. Playing defense was fun for awhile, but it really was leading no where, and Maximus' fleet only got closer.

Charly... tell me about these friends of yours.

Our Host!