The Scourge and Follower Reactions

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Canis, Jun 7, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Canis

Canis New Member

Quick question: Does the Bangellian Scourge lower the reaction of your followers? My evil followers and I were having a merry old time of things, but shortly after I picked up the Scourge their reaction all dropped by, um, 18 I think it is. Even Dog! I'm just crushed!

Just wondering. Couldn't think of anything else it might be. :sulk:

2. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

I believe it does. Equip it & your alignment drops right now. Waromon left my evil Elf the moment she put her hand on it. Ask Pete's crew if there is such a thing as too evil.

3. Canis

Canis New Member

Well, bummer. :-(

Do the follower reactions drop because my alignment drops so suddenly or does the Scourge have a more direct effect on them? I've got Virgil, Torian Kel, Geoff, and Dog. Funny, because usually Dog doesn't care what I do one way or the other, and I'd figure the others would be happy about my increased evil factor. I think I've equipped it twice, and their reaction dropped 9 points each time..... Inconvenient since I like to switch to a ranged weapon sometimes, or to the Stillwater Blade.

You know, I'm just not very good at playing evil.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why not just keep the scourge equipped all the time? It is a KICKA**weapon, isn't it? (I've never used it, but I hear it RAWKS)

5. Canis

Canis New Member

LIKE I SAID, I like to use a ranged weapon in some cases, and also the Stillwater Blade. Oh, and the Arcane Staff has its uses as well.

I only wish to know whether the lowered follower reaction was a feature of the blade I hadn't heard of before, or whether there is some additional variable with sliding alignment and follower reactions that I should be aware of.

6. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

Someone is going to have to read the efect files on that weapon to answer your question. I get my answers through massive play testing of nearly everything, & there are some things that just cannot be found out that way.

Our Host!