The Music NEEDS improving

Discussion in 'Arcanum 2 Suggestion Forum' started by The Chosen One, Sep 1, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. The Chosen One

The Chosen One New Member

I don't know about you guys but I find alot of the music on Arcanum repetitive and depressing :cry:

Don't get me wrong, some of the music I love (like the music in Still Water) but don't it seem far to similar ? :roll:

I think this is definitly somethin that would be corrected. 3:)

2. Turokess

Turokess New Member

I've got to agree here. At first, I didn't have a problem with the music. It is very quiet and soothing for the most part, and certainly unique! Especially the Arcanum theme itself. But, after playing through the game a few times, combined with listening to other game soundtracks like that of Baldur's Gate, I found myself wishing for something more grandiose.

Just my thoughts.

3. Ferret

Ferret New Member

I usually turn the music off to get better performance, so I can't comment! :D

4. Etalis Craftlord

Etalis Craftlord New Member

I like the music, I just wish it was more varied.

Reminded me of the Final Fantasy battle music after a while - it just never changes...

5. xento

xento New Member

I agree. It should have classical music like in Arcanum, but it should be more varied in instruments and types. Now, Stillwater and Dwarven Music were done great! I love to just listen to those!

6. Hel Khat

Hel Khat New Member

I agree I liked the music over all, I just wish there was more of it. Way to repetitive......

7. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

I agree too. That violin tune gets tiresome really soon. There should be a few soundtracks and much longer (ie longer before they get to a loop). They should also change frequently. Aslo they should be more area oriented. That violin tune is good for a small sleepy village like Shrouded Hills or a dying kingdom capital like Dernholm but it doesn't fit large, noisy, high pace of life city like Tarant. While at that it would be nice if newspaper boys actually had voices shouting titles while you pass by. Not too frequently though so that players wouldn't go on newspaper boys killing frenzy.

8. Menkhur

Menkhur New Member

The music in this game SUCKS.
    Period.

No more to say.

9. xento

xento New Member

I beg to differ. I believe that they did a great job with the Stillwater and Dwarven Music tracks! In fact, I am listening to them right now! I love those. Dwarven Music has a powerful edge to it, while Stillwater has an almost magickal, quiet, sleepy tone to it, perfect for the village it is.

10. Settler

Settler Member

I think the music is great - it doesn't matter if you have super-repetitive, yet REALLY GOOD, tracks. I sometimes have 'Arcanum' and 'Caladon', and maybe Tarant on my Winamp playlist. :oops:

It's good to see no-one posting crap like k||@5|k@| sux0rz, etc.

11. slagger21

slagger21 New Member

hmm... anyone play MM6 ? might and magic if you dont know .. music was great , each area had its own music .. suited it great :D

12. Drizzt

Drizzt New Member

I have MM6 and the music is great (from what I can remember). I especially liked the Darkmoor Castle theme.

13. xento

xento New Member

14. carlstar

carlstar New Member

pluck pluck

I wonder if something like this has been said before.

I like the Arcanum music but it needs a more atmospheric feel to it. The classical touch is good but it should fade out every so often so its just the sound of the wind and tree etc or just a humming sound or the plucking of strings, which can all be created with intruments.

Our Host!