The Lords of... ?

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Forum' started by Wolfsbane, Dec 16, 2009.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!

Yes?

1. Yes!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Yes! No, no! No, yellooooooooow!!!...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

Alright, I have to say something;
    I want to finish at least one roleplay here. Each one I've participated in either died or derailed to the point of disrepair, but I thoroughly enjoyed making an amiable, mute supermutant who knows how to build explosives and guns with a mutated guinea pig companion that eats various types of anthropological meats and scraps when he's hungry. I won't mind if I'm in a situation where I must die, because at least THEN, my role is complete. But this time, we're held up because we're all waiting with baited breath on character revamps to keep someone in the story. Please, for the love of god, let something work. Now, Arthgon, I'm not trying to rain on your parade, it's more of a generalized venting of frustration with your name on top of the list. So, don't take it personally.

2. The_Bob

The_Bob Administrator Staff Member

It's only an idea, but how about we go on with our RP and let Arthgon join in when he's ready ? I mean, he got flamed and kicked out because of how much fail he was generating. It's not like he's going to get any better if we rush him and emphasize how we're all waiting on him because he fucked up our RP to the point of it being so bad it was funny.

Let's move on, let him join when he's cooled off from all the flames.

I realize that what I just said equates to "FUCK HIM, LET'S JUST PLAY!" put lightly, but some of us seem to be forgetting that:
    1. This is the Internet
    2. This is HoL
    3. Arthgon is known to be a troll
    Yes, that rhymes

3. Arthgon

Arthgon Well-Known Member

I admit that my writings were bad, sorry. Now about that troll business: I am not a troll, but I try real hard, to write anything down in good english. It is my third language. I shall start to roleplay when I am ready.

Edit: perhaps it's better that I don't roleplay here, because my english is'nt that good. Also, I have more experience with DM-ing and playing PnP roleplaying without any computers. (The old fashion way.) So, carry on without me.

4. Grossenschwamm

Yeah, yeah, you're right. It wasn't really directed at him, as I said, but he was definitely the straw the broke my camel's back. In retrospect, the vent was a silly one, but I do some nonsensical rants here from time to time...so, I'll roll something out in RP when I gather my senses.

5. The_Bob

@Arthgon
    Notice how nobody explicitly told you to GTFO ? That's because we don't want you to leave, we want you to stop messing up the fallout setting.

If you haven't before, play the game. At least the demo. Come back when you get a better feeling of what the setting is like. Think mad max, except there's no fossil-fuels left. That's what the WW3 was about, so no petrol-fueled engines allowed. Also, take your time and watch how we do it...

It's not about your imperfect (understatement) english, it's the story you're trying to introduce into the game. You failed, so try following someone else's lead. I'm more of a GM myself, so I understand why you'd like to introduce some unusual plot to the RP. I've also had enough failed RPG campaigns to learn to start small, simple. As in, trying for over a week to take some other players and go out into the wasteland to kill a few mutants. And now even that is uncertain to succeed, because we're at a standstill.

So, all in all, if you're not up to it, don't try to introduce too many broad plot lines into the RP, and you'll be fine. Don't mess up the setting with characters and motifs that don't fit. Especially if you don't know the setting. Take a break, read up, and come back when you feel like it.

It's your stubborn attitude that pisses everyone off, so give that a rest. You fucked up on the internet, don't make a big deal out of it. Step back for a bit. It's not like anyone gives a fuck anyway, we just want to have at least one RP on HoL that gets somewhere before it dies... Hopefully it'll get far enough to roll on its own momentum like the VFX did.

Hop back on when you're up to it, it's not like the RP cast is set in stone.

6. Arthgon

Arthgon Well-Known Member

Perhaps I should play Fallout I again, because it has been awhile, that I played this game indeed. Also, It's a good time to finally order Fallout II from Ebay.

7. The_Bob

On another note, I'd like the time of this RP to be somewhere between the first and the second Fallout, maybe closer to the second one... Although in the end, it's going to be just how we play it, so let's not make this a constraint.

8. Jungle Japes

Jungle Japes Well-Known Member

Gross, your last post. Fix the name, it's Howard. Not Harry.

9. Jungle Japes

Jungle Japes Well-Known Member

Just to clarify where I'm going with the story, the now-dead ghoul and Liz both picked up a heavy dose of radiation from the metallic object (whatever it was) in the beginning of the story. The ghoul was then eaten by Wiggles, making him sick. And radioactive.

10. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Well, FUCK. It would have been nice if you, oh, I dunno, WARNED ME before making the medic sick. If this were anyhere but HoL I'd be right pissed, but I'm used to dick moves here.

For the record Japes, you wanna do anything else to my character, CHECK WITH ME FIRST. Sheez.

11. Grossenschwamm

Yeah, you're right. It was a slip. Fixed.

12. The_Bob

13. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

Dunno. If you want me to post I'll post, but I didn't feel the need to add anything to the story right now. After all, we're simply travelling in your bike for the moment.

14. The_Bob

I was hoping others would post, there seems to be enough going on in the little town at the moment. I don't want to advance the time by three hours with Liz and Wiggles irradiated, at least not before they do something about it.

Otherwise you can post something and we'll arrive with my next post. I don't want to double-post in RP threads, it feels like publicly playing with myself.

15. The_Bob

This RP is kinda quiet lately. Anyone dropping out ? I still think this could go somewhere.

16. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

I'm still game. But I don't feel like double posting.

Our Host!