The Lords of... ?

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Forum' started by Wolfsbane, Dec 16, 2009.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!

Yes?

1. Yes!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Yes! No, no! No, yellooooooooow!!!...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Arthgon

Arthgon Well-Known Member

Name: John Clark
    Sex: Male

Pros: Knows how to fight with any melee weapons, and with his fists. In addition, he can sense trouble or danger before anyone else does. Because of his training, he is good in deduction, so it helps him solving mysteries and stuff. Guns? He does not need any stinking gun, because guns are for pussies. Only when the trouble is too high, he probably uses one.

Cons: He is arrogant, sarcastic, and overbearing. He has some trouble with gangs, but he just arrests them, or kicks their asses. In addition, He does not like humans, because he knows what they are capable to do to other people. That is why he has a mutated hyena called “Sam” as a pet.

Do I also have to make a background now, or is it possible to do this later on?

2. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

Name: Svensson

Pro's: Svensson is one of the most experianced wastelanders there is when it comes to surviving alone in the wild. He has learned the secret of living of the land, and can survive outside of settlements and civilisation pretty much forever. His time in the wild has supplied him with great endurance and willpower, and has also given him an almost animal-like instinct.

Con's: First off, Svensson happens to be a ghoul. This has earned him the immediet distrust of almost every human he's ever met, and so he has become a rather shy and few-worded man. Svensson also lacks the social sense of tact and empathy for other beings that most other humans possess, a feat which has made him impopular in more than one settlement.

Svensson is particulary famous for having killed the famous Wolf, an infamous raider who terrorized most of the settlements in the desert wasteland, thus earning him the nickname "Wolfsbane".

The ghoul wears tight but durable clothing, including a pair of pants and a vest made from brahmin hide. He also wears a pilots hat with googles, and a scarf to cover his face. Other than that, he has a lot of gadgets and trinkets in his leather backpack. He also almost always carries weapons on him off various types and sizes.

3. The_Bob

The_Bob Administrator Staff Member

Name: Kyle "Boombox" Serrato

pros: Riding on a heavily modified, ex-military Harley-Davidson, he packs a large boombox in the sidecar. It has been rewired to work as an amp for his vintage Fender guitar and supports a microphone, in addition to being a capable radio station through which he receives his other assignments. While normally carrying a sawed-off shotgun strapped to the hip, he usually has more potent tools hidden in his overly sturdy guitar case. While not a tinkerer, he knows enough to maintain what he owns.

cons: There is little demand for either of his professions in the post-apocalyptic world, almost no people left who can appreciate his talent as a musician and hardly anyone in need of the subtlety of a hired assassin. While widely recognized for his performances, his unusual ways mark him as an unwelcome outsider in every major settlement. Combined with rather slow business on the other end, this confines him to way-stations and the Necropolis, ghouls being the only audience to always welcome him.

Physically, Kyle is of average height, slim build and dark complexion. Leather jacket, torn jeans, dirty t-shirt and beat-up military boots are what marks his appearance. Being a man of few words, he's rarely known to open his mouth outside of his performances. As an artist, he is popular with the girls, unfortunately most of them are either hookers or ghouls.

Not many know about his other profession, the contact between the clients being restricted to the radio, only the subjects of his contracts getting to meet him personally. The transfer of mission details and payment is arranged individually, taking care not to compromise his or his employer's identity. The tools of his trade are simple and efficient, among them a silenced, low caliber rifle that does most of the work. While deadly during surprise attacks, Kyle is merely a competent gunman in normal circumstances, easily out-gunned and outmatched by any experienced wasteland warrior.

4. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

Name: "Dark-Skinned" Howard

He picked up the moniker of Dark-Skinned because of how often he'd be covered in a fine layer of black soot from explosions occuring around and caused by, him. He currently wanders the wastes, killing geckos and rad scorpions for food, and will occasionally go into towns to trade hides and obtain parts and chemicals to create new guns and explosives. He lives a simple life.

Pro's:Howard studied explosives and guns before he was dipped, and still maintains a great deal of expertise in those fields. He's also learned how to craft efficient and lightweight armors.

Cons: He can't speak anymore as an unfortunate side effect of becoming a mutant, and is a weak hand to hand fighter. Not a fan of people and their stares.
    Like most experimental super-soldier formulas, the dip was first tested on animals. There are current formulas specifically for animals.
    Enter Wiggles, the super guinea pig
    Wiggles liked Howard from the start, and it seemed only natural that he'd accompany the mutant as he left on his own. So, breaking out of his cage, he went off after Howard...

Pros: Can pick up the slack in Howard's melee combat deficits, and has the capability of biting through steel alloys. He's also a loyal companion.

Cons: Fiercely loyal. He sizes up anyone who seems to be a threat to Howard, and tends to frighten children when left unattended.

[off topic] Hey, am I allowed a companion? If it's not cool, it's no big deal. I just figured if the vault survivor had dogmeat...

5. Wolfsbane

Of course you can have a companion. Blinky had one when we played The Lords of Arcanum.

Nice to see you again, Gross.

6. Wolfsbane

Doublepost

The character I'm currently playing just doesn't cut it. I'm going to write a new one, so feel free to kill the ghoul (or just forget about him altogether).

7. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

Cool, maybe someone will stumble across my priest, don't be afraid he doesn't act pious at all.

8. The_Bob

I'll deal with the ghoul. How about we make him an NPC for everyone to use and abuse ?

9. Arthgon

Wolfbane: What about making this ghoul your new character's companion?

Zanza: Simon has been found by Gregor, and Uncle Dave, and brought into the settlement. (or would you rather be found by one of our characters?)

I do have a question: In which time are we playing, before, between, or after the Fallout Series? (Fallout 1 and 2)

10. The_Bob

So I understand you don't approve of turning this little town into a bloodbath and/or using the spare ghoul for that purpose ?

11. Wolfsbane

Do what you want with the ghoul. I won't be playing him anymore, anyway.

12. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

13. Wolfsbane

I'm gonna play Harry from now on. He's a Brotherhood outcast whos only concern in this world is to hate and kill mutants of all colors and kinds. Harry doesn't look like much, but he's as strong and tough as a seasoned soldier. He knows his way around meele combat and is an expert marksman with handguns. His biggest flaws are his bad temper and accute lack of patience.

14. Jungle Japes

Jungle Japes Well-Known Member

I was thinking of jumping in on this, but after having read through the role-play, I can only conclude that Arthgon should be forever banned from the role-play forum. Congratulations buddy, you pretty much single-handedly wrecked this thing with your poor writing and ham-fisted attempts at introducing new story threads that could never be fully explored or wrapped up even if they were worth exploring.

*facepalm*

15. Arthgon

That post about the camels was very wrong indeed, so I deleted it. The other plot line about the reanimator can be wrapped up. Sorry, but I really try to write it down in very good english.

16. The_Bob

Let's just go ahead and introduce some heavy-handed destruction into the plot instead.

Also, good intervention Jungle Japes.

17. Arthgon

Alright, I shall do my best to write much better now.

18. Jungle Japes

Jungle Japes Well-Known Member

19. Arthgon

Could you remove that post jungle japes? So that my characters can leave the settlement for good.

Perhaps was my story-line a bit too much. I promise that I shall write better next time.

20. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Our Host!