The Lords of... ?

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Forum' started by Wolfsbane, Dec 16, 2009.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!

Yes?

1. Yes!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Yes! No, no! No, yellooooooooow!!!...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

So, I'm thinking it's time for another session of "The Lords of..."
    We've had good games this far, and I'd very much like to give it another go. And since Grimm always bitched about a Fallout RP, I think we could let this one become just that. "The Lords of the Wasteland". Like the sound of it? Then say so and let's get this going!

2. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    I voted yes.

Lords of the Wasteland sounds too cliché though.

3. Arthgon

Arthgon Well-Known Member

I vote for a yes. What about ' Arcanumian Apocalypse'?

4. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Lords of the Vendigroth Wastelands. Now that would be interesting.

5. Wolfsbane

I'm thinking less Arcanum and more Fallout.

Any suggestions on the title?

6. Dark Elf

Media:
    Since Hunter S Thompson is the object of my current idolatry, why not go with my totally random idea and call it Lords of the Water Mark? What with water being a scarce resource in the desert wasteland and all.

7. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Ooooh, seconding DE's suggestion. That's very, very cool.

8. Arthgon

Okay, what about just the name 'Wasteland'?

9. Wolfsbane

Sounds good, DE.

I think we've got a nice little team here, so I say let's start it up. More'll join eventually.

10. Arthgon

It is still playing in Arcanum, right? I persume that we shall start at the year 2012 there.

11. Wolfsbane

I'd tip my hat to your superior skills in the area of trolling, good sir, had I but worn one. But I don't, so you'll have to do with this: :thumbup:

Now: Fallout. That's the universe we're playing in. Not Arcanum.

12. Arthgon

You do know a lot about trolling, don't you? Oh...wait that's what you used to do a lot here. So, just stop with this fucking stupidity Wolflame.

Now back on topic: Fallout, okay, I shall start to make my character.

13. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

Arthgon, that was a line crossing. Wolfsbane has been a valued member of this forum since before I even started lurking here. On the other hand, you are either a troll or stupid. If I were you, I would pick troll.

What is "Lords of..."? Is it like a regular roleplay? If not, what does it entail?

14. The_Bob

The_Bob Administrator Staff Member

Count me in. Any idea about when we start ? And what about the plot, should we just make one up as we go along ?

15. Arthgon

Okay, I know I should not have said that, but I was not in a good mood. Also, I know that I did make some mistakes here, but that does not makes my a troll still. Now you would say that my posts are better that they were in the past, right? And I really try to make some effort in my posts.

Wolfbane, I was only asking 'Is it...', because I was a bit confused in which world it was playing.

Are we going to use the Fallout PnP rules?

16. Wolfsbane

There are some old "The Lords of" threads here in the RP section. Check them out to get the feel of it. The RP is based around your distinguished forum personalities (or your forum name, or picture). I've played as a bovine ninja and a minotaur before. Maximus played as a redneck dwarf. DE played a dark elf. Choose whatever's most fitting for the current theme.

And Arthgon: No, no silly PnP rules. Just regular forum roleplaying. And seriously, dude, no need to get all worked up. Just lay back and take the fucking credit, man :D

17. Arthgon

Perhaps I should lay back indeed. I was just in a bad mood, because I was told that a friend of mine died some days ago from a heart attack. He was 28 years old. I have some idea that it was an O.D. Thank the gods that I am still clean, and out of that kind of world.

On topic: I shall see if I can make a character, that is based on my personality here.

18. Dark Elf

Media:
    Playing a Dark Elf would be impossible in the Fallout setting.

But since I've already brought up good old Hunter, that's the sort of character I will play. Could there be a better place for a gun-crazed drug addicted cynic with a sharp wit and a muddled tongue than the post-apocalyptic Nevada desert?

Heck, what could be better than the Fallout setting for a counter culture fucking ICON?

Name: Raoul Duke
    Sex: Male

Pro's: Knows just about everything there is to know about guns, chems and writing entertaining journalism, his adventures are preferably a mix of all three.

Con's: Addicted to nicotine, alcohol, Nuka Cola, Jet, Mentats and Buffout. Has recently begun using Psycho recreatively and will likely develop an addiction to that, too. Possessing a razor wit notwithstanding, his ticks, weird mannerisms and mumbling mode of speech make many people shy away from him.

Possesses a lab, sells chems for a living. Also dabbles in journalism, which is seen as rather eccentric in a world with virtually no press. Has been known to fire guns and detonate explosives on his property simply for the hell of it, and is only tolerated by the community at large because of his expertise with chems.

19. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Name: Elizabeth 'Liz' Greyson
    Sex: Female

Pros: Unusually well-read, if an illness or injury exists she's probably treated it, naturally talented at finding safe paths through the Wastelands, versed in unconventional remedies for when Chems aren't available, decent shot with a pistol.

Cons: Extremely anti-social, only speaks when she has to, usually only stays in a settlement long enough to help out/read a book or two/resupply, displays little to no empathy, reacts very badly to being surprised or snuck up on.

She's not a bad person or even a harsh one, but she'd literally lived her life on the road, and she never really got taught how to relate to people. She used to travel with her dad, who taught her about medicine, but he died a few years ago while drawing mutants away from her, and she's just become more introverted since. Has built up a reputation around many of the smaller settlements as someone who can be relied upon - assuming you can find her.

20. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

This will be my first so should be an experience, will probably go with bar room brawler who has a conflicting set of morals, will ponder on this Zanza fellow. Or I could just be lazy and act like Sanosuke.

Our Host!