The Library not working?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by kyosuke, Aug 25, 2013.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. kyosuke

kyosuke New Member

2. Mirek Burczyn

Mirek Burczyn New Member

Same problem here. Nothing in Council, Library or Factory. Either no content/nothing to click or outright dead pages.

3. werozzi

werozzi Member

It would seem that most of the content is now nonexistent, and also unlikely that anybody's still in possession of a backup.

And for any event; No.

4. Yuki

Yuki Well-Known Member

We apologise for the inconvenience but the Character Bank is currently unavailable. We hope to have this fixed by July 2005.

5. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Collateral damage dealt during the forum's phpBB upgrade. It will take Xz to see this thread to answer whether or not those pages can be restored.

6. Mirek Burczyn

Mirek Burczyn New Member

7. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

Well the library was incredibly dated anyway so I see little point in bringing back much of that content. The majority of people gather information from forums or wikis now so an old style FAQ driven site seems a lot of work for little return.

8. Mirek Burczyn

Mirek Burczyn New Member

Re:

Em... what? o_O This was the most extensive page about Arcanum, with detailed, easy to access and well-written info. Nice to know it's "outdated" to be well-informed, because we all know that it's better to spend hours surfing through net to find some tiny detail mentioned once in some obscure forum thread :grrr:

Maybe I missed something, but actually what's the point of running the site, if it's empty and non of the admins or whoever runs it don't even bother to place some disclaimer about the situation? The site won't be "refilled" nor fitted with new data, so why you are still running it? Because I really don't understand what's the point. It's dead, you just stated that. Then why you don't take it out, so people will no longer delude themselves that after it crashed this spring it will ever get back

9. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

While not as elegant as the original version, I've made a temporary version of the quest-page here:

http://www.terra-arcanum.com/arcanum/li ... uests2.php

I'll look into restoring the rest of the content, but I have a lot going on at the moment, so it may take a while. If there's something that absolutely must be restored, send me a PM and I'll make it a priority.

10. TheDavisChanger

TheDavisChanger Well-Known Member

11. Philes

Philes Well-Known Member

Re: Re:

So your plan was to complain like a douche in hopes that your problems will be solved that way?

Clearly it worked out for you, so it would seem I have a lot to learn about how the world works still.

Our Host!