The House of Lords Rules

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ytzk, Dec 17, 2010.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Charonte

Charonte Member

Bugger, one step further away from purity then.

On an unrelated note, and while we're venting, there's apparently a very high chance that I've 'got' some form of aspergers.

2. TheDavisChanger

TheDavisChanger Well-Known Member

The Asperger's would explain why you present yourself as a sociopath. I like Asperger's better.

How do you feel about this possibility, Charonte?

3. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

Asperger's is nothing to worry about. I was diagnosed and apparently I'm a cool person. I'm not used to people thinking I'm cool, so I don't think I act any differently. If you have it, you're just another person with an alternate brain type that's viable for success in today's world.

4. Yuki

Yuki Well-Known Member

5. wayne-scales

wayne-scales Well-Known Member

Nice...

6. Arthgon

Arthgon Well-Known Member

It totally sucks, indeed. I had the same problem like this, but I had a girlfriend as well. Therefore, it sucked even more.

Did you knew this for a long time, or did you just find out that you have Asperger's? Like Grossenschwamm said, you don't have to worry about this.

Huh? How the fuck did that happend?

7. Crypton

Crypton Member

Seems like TA got hacked, again :) Its time to UPGRADE.

8. Arthgon

Arthgon Well-Known Member

Oh, man! I really hope that the moderators or/and admistrator can fixed this fucking problem again, and then do some upgrading to php 3.0. (Or are they even further with this?)

9. Crypton

Crypton Member

Its probably not going to happen... this forums needed to upgrade a long time ago, and it didn't happen, probably because this custom made phpbb style, which is probably incompatible with new phpbb's style system.

Such upgrading would also require upgrading the database, which is not easy task if old and new phpbb database tables are not compatible with each other. You would need to write a script to convert these tables to be able to transfer all the information into the new database. Also problem might be if their server is outdated, and do not support PHP5.

Personally, I don't care about this style, nor color scheme, and I would really welcome if TA upgrade to phpbb 3.0.8 or any other forum software. It makes things safer and also brings a lot of new features.

10. Charonte

Charonte Member

I actually do care about the style/theme as it's fairly iconic, I guess it could be ported over but bleh, we don't have that much trouble with bots here even if phpbb2 is insecure. Pretty sure the script to convert a database 2->3 already exists (at least there's one for SMF, which I prefer anyway) and is fairly accurate.

I'm not overly concerned about the aspergers, just a little shocked is all. I've always been a little awkward around people I don't know, prefering to stay out of the way and say virtually nothing but with people I know I don't have any trouble at all and I always put that down to being shy. Debating whether to get further tests done or just forget about it.

11. Archmage Orintil

Archmage Orintil New Member

It won't be upgraded because people are rightfully motivationally handicapped.

12. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

I thought so! Me too, actually. So were Mozart and Einstein. It's almost a super-power; Welcome to the club, Charonte.

13. Yuki

Yuki Well-Known Member

Pfft. Super power. The only aspie I know blames all his social shortcomings on his syndrome. So when he's a dick to people, we're not allowed to be dicks back.

Oh, and he lost his virginity through a dating service. :roll:

14. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

All I see is people crying about outdated phbb and other guy's girlfriends. Honestly go out for once and meet other girls instead of trying to take your friend's.

15. Yuki

Yuki Well-Known Member

Oh Grossen, you so jelly.

Edit: quality post

16. Jungle Japes

Jungle Japes Well-Known Member

17. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

Aspie, that's funny. Of course it's a disorder and all you "normies" cruise through social situations with relative ease, but I don't care so much about that. Frankly I look at a lot of social gatherings as a combination of sharks' feeding-frenzy and monkeys' shit-flinging-contest. But each to their own, it would be a boring world if we were all the same.

But here's some survival traits that make a slightly autistic party member an asset: -
    1) Hypervigilance. What's that noise in the background you're all ignoring?
    2) Number retentiion. Anyone get the license plate number?
    3) Immunity to Charisma. Actually that used car is not a good deal.
    4) Animal Empathy. What the hell are those dogs barking at?
    5) Berserker Rage. My brain is overheating, run for your lives!

To name just a few. Also, for the record, I'm sorry if I'm being a dick.

18. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

He may not realize that he's being a dick. Or he needs to grow up. It's hard to tell, because I don't know who you're describing. We're mighty sources for good, when you find the cool ones. Growing up without knowing I had a neurological disorder allowed me to adjust better to behaving like the "normal" population. Though, being a kid still sucked.

19. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

We should start a team of super heroes.

"Autism Powers Activate!"

But what could we call ourselves? The Super-Aquaintances? Justice League of Asperger? Mighty Awkward Power Rangers? Ah, I amuse myself anyway.

20. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

So, it this were Fallout, you would be the ghouls?

Our Host!