The Greatest Bug of all time!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rigor_Mortis, Sep 18, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Rigor_Mortis

Rigor_Mortis New Member

I was lvl 28 techie when this horrible bug cursed me.Any time I tried to exit Blackroot and save at another location,game immediately crashes ,back to desktop...
    I can't believe that I'm stuck at blackroot.I dont want to start again till beating game with my genius techie,Flint Crimson.The biggest game flaw of arcanum is this horrible bug.Beta testing hadn't revealed anythin' about this I think.I look forward to patch but I'm not so hopefull about that bug.damn it!!!

2. rev

rev New Member

hey

did you use a character editor at all?
    I was quite far in the game, level 46, and i used a few points here and there to finish up a few things so I didn't have to play a full game through with another techie to see these things =)

after some time, i got a strange item in my inventory with no discernable icon, and i can't move it or anything. and now i crash sometimes when trying to enter subways or trains or wandering on the Big Map.. and when i save or load with that game, i get random popup messages of "are you sure you want to quit?" a few times afterwords.

if you did hack, then perhaps we need to post about this in the downloads section...

3. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

I have the same problems, I am not playing the game for a week cause of this crap. Don't want to see myself slamming on the keyboard

4. Dakun

Dakun New Member

tarant

if you talk w/ mr willoby (whatever.. master persuasion) and then talk to the guy who offers you 10000 for the killing of caladon king.. if you yell at him (like.. make fun of him... and then their was an option to like.. question his loyalty.. game crashes). im sure their are others.. most are avoidable... alternate save between 2 diff files every major/semi major quest/dungeon completion.. it will pervent most lockups)

jamie

5. smcwhtdtmc

smcwhtdtmc New Member

The Bug of Doom

Oh, you people have it easy. I've successfully predicted and verified the end of the world.

At 2:21am on January 18th, 1886, the citizens of Arcanum go about their nightly buisiness. They sleep. Some snore. Guards make their rounds. The second 2:22 rolls around, the universe is consumed by a giant pissed-off sheep (my desktop image... ff players, it's a yan). Due to the infinite power of the Living One (my char, who, by the awesome power of the User Interface of Righteousness, can load and save) the citizens got to relive their lives from 11:30pm on the 17th to 2:22 exactly 15 times. After this, before she became positively fed up with the fact that, while seeking the altar of the god at Vooriden, there was no way to get around the end of the world.

The patch does nothing for this all-encompasing desktop bug.

6. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

Our Host!