The Great Adventure!

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Forum' started by Icairus, Apr 9, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. VerZreV

VerZreV New Member

"Where I'm going is me own buisness entirely, but if ye must know, I'm going to pick something up... If I were ye, I'd pay more attention to ye're friend over there" I motioned at the place where Luinil had been moments before. "And I'm making sure to stay as far away as possible if that's that the kind of thing that mages do all of the sudden, explode randomly! No, I won't risk my chances by staying near dangerous magic like that"

Well knowing that the man was faster than me, I decided to act before he could.

"But, w... W-WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?" I screamed while looking past the man. The moment he turned his head, I brought my steel boot down on his knee. He screamed while I ran into the woods... faster than any dwarf was ever designed to run.

I knew that they might try to follow me, but I didn't care... I knew the terrain well enough to get an advantage, and I WAS going to get my money, no matter what I had to do to get it...

[OOC/] I'm assuming that even the coolest of adventures can be fooled at times, and that a broken knee DOES tend to make people scream a little bit :p [OOC]

2. Phoenix

Phoenix New Member

[OOC] Ummm, I'm not an elf. I'm human :D . Oh well, we'll just disregard the part about me being an elf. And there had better be someone in our group that can heal me, or else you had better not come NEAR my character again :D . I may not be able to chase after ya, but my knives move awfully fast :) [/OOC]

I just lay on the ground clenchin my teeth, not just against the pain, but also so I didn't start swearing in front of the ladies. I couldn't believe I had actually fallen for that. If I ever got my hands on that dwarf...

3. Flink

Flink New Member

As I was sitting in my saddle thinking about the grand times I had at the last Debutante Ball in Tarant and how much I'd like to be there instead of here, I heard a lot of commotion from the rear of our party.

As I looked around I saw that one of our members was missing and in his place was a small hovering box. How very odd... The dwarf was in the same instance, running away closely followed by young Phoenix. The dwarf managed give Phoenix a mighty kick, disabling the young man's leg. The diminutive individual then started to run ones more, Moving quickly towards a forested area...

Oh, How I wish I had a pistol right about now, I could have planted a bullet right between the dwarf's eye's without needing much of a reason. I thought, as I grabbed the reins.

"Don't worry my lad! I'll hunt that scallywag down!" I yelled at Phoenix as he sat holding his hands on the damaged knee.

I galloped off after the stocky little man in to the wooded area. He might be fast, But not nearly as fast as a price-winning polo-horse.

As I entered the wooded area, I slowed down as to not hit any low branches or the like. The dwarf was no where to be seen.

The little cad is probably hiding under a rock or in some other filithy place. I thought as I moved my horse slowly through the underbrush.

Whipping out the razor-blade, I kept my eye's sharp. If he was going to move, He would not do it without Charles Roxton noticing it.

"Listen, Dwarf." I said as my eye's slowly scanned the closest shrubbery. "I don't mind you leaving. In fact, I welcome it. I don't trust you any further then I'd be able to throw you. Now, if you want to leave I'll tell the other's I was unsuccessful in locating you. I have no bond of loyalty to those... people. But I want something in return... How about making a deal? One might say a small buissness venture?"

I waited to see if he would fall for my ploy and reveal himself. But there was only silence... Disheartened, I left the woods and rode back to the party to inform them that the dwarf had escaped.

4. VerZreV

VerZreV New Member

The sound of galloping hoves came closer... "Roxton, he's the only one with a horse!, oh bloody hell! I wouldn't have a chance in my life to outrun his stupid horse!" I mumbled to myself as I slowed down to catch my breath.

I looked around and spotted a large rock supporting a fallen tree. From there, I could survey the clearing I was in without being seen. I ducked behind it just as Roxton strode through some bushes and into the clearing. He was sitting on his horse, with his "saber" ready for attack. I slowly removed my rifle from my back and placed myself in crouching position, to get a better aim.
    My scope moved until I had Roxton's neck right in the middle. I began pulling the trigger, but stopped suddenly, when I heard him yell;
    "Listen, Dwarf." I looked up from the scope. he continued talking...
    "I don't mind you leaving. In fact, I welcome it. I don't trust you any further then I'd be able to throw you. Now, if you want to leave I'll tell the other's I was unsuccessful in locating you. I have no bond of loyalty to those... people. But I want something in return... How about making a deal? One might say a small buissness venture?"I released my finger from the trigger and sat down... Roxton had openly insulted me again, sure... But something had just dawned on me; "Roxton must have some hidden agenda for traveling with the others!"
    It was all so clear now!, Why else would he do it unless something was to gain. Roxton hardly seemed like a good samaritan, so he was bound to have some other reason. I had suspected something like this for some while now, but what he said had ensured me; "I have no bond of loyalty to those... people"... He was well about ready to stab those people in the back for personal gain, and his offer DID sound promising... Maybe he would even tell me about his REAL reason to go on this adventure?...
    I stood up and where about to speak, but Roxton had vanished!...

I smiled as I stroked my beard.
    "Roxton ye old fox... Of course there's something behind all this, and I'll be damned if I'm going to miss out on a slice of whatever it might be"

Cheered up, I decided to follow them again, or at least Roxton...

"Mr. Armand's money ain't goin' anywhere till I get back anyways."

5. Demosthenes

Demosthenes New Member

When I awoke, I found myself lying on the ground that seemed to give off heat. I sat up slowly and looked around, trying to make sense of what I saw. The ground beneath was black and scorched and hard and crusty. A dark fog made everything hazy and filled the land with shadows. Off in the distance I could make out cliffs reaching far into the sky. I slowly rose to my feet, unsure of what to do next. This is certainly confusing. Well, I'd best go somewhere because there isn't anything here that will help me. Picking a direction at random, I started walking through the barren wasteland.
    After walking for a bit, I noticed a shadow ahead of me rapidly growing larger. What in Velorien's name is that?!? As it got closer, I made out a quartet of horns that looked very deadly surrounding a single, glowing red eye. All of a sudden, it doesn't seem too smart to be standing right here. I leaped to my left just before the beast plowed through where I had been a second before. After getting back on my feet, I quickly conjured a ball of fire in my palm. I sent it flying into the massive creature as it turned to face me. I watched in suprise as the flames bounced right off the black scales that covered the beast. I guess it'll take more than a Fireflash to take care of this monster, whatever it is. I reached my right hand to my left hip where Icewind lay in its sheath. Drawing the sword that had been in my family for three generations in a smooth motion, I prepared to face the monster in close combat as it charged towards me. It lowered its head to point its four horns directly at me and charged faster than I thought something of that size could move. As it grew nearer, I sidestepped to the right, dropped my left foot back, and swung Icewind down over my head to hit the beast's upper left horn. Surprisingly, the horn appeared undamaged by my blow. In response to my attack, the beast swung its massive head towards me, knocking me back several feet and throwing me off balance. The monster turned and came at me again. Thinking fast, I sent a stone missile flying directly at the beast. It struck in the center of the monsters eye and disoriented it. The animal's course skewed left as I swung my blade in an upwards cut that bit into the beast's throat. Dark purple blood poured to the ground and covered my blade as the monster collapsed and began thrashing. I cautiously moved in and brought Icewind down through its neck. The beast's movement stopped and after moving a few paces away, I sat down to clean my blade and think about what just happened.
    It's strange that the creature's hide was so resistant to my magic attack, yet it fell easily to my sword. It had clearly evolved a magic resistance for some reason. That must mean there are other magic users here, perhaps even elves or humans. They might be able to help me find a way out of this place - whatever it is. In the meantime though, I think it's necessary for me to get some rest. Deciding it would be a good idea to get further away from the carcass, I walked a short distance to a pond of some kind before lying down and falling to sleep.

6. Phoenix

Phoenix New Member

Everyone was huddled around the box tryin to figure out what had happened. "Uhh, Ari? Kat? Would one of yall mind healin me?"

7. Ferret

Ferret New Member

From somewhere behind me there was a little Fizz~Pop sound.

I spun around, bow at the ready, thinking that someone had thrown a spell at us, but all I could see was a hovering box and the Dwarf running away as fast as he could. I could tell immediately that something was wrong and I slipped my bow into my hand, taking aim at the Dwarf's heels. Before I could fire, Roxton galloped infront of me, cutting off my shot.

I nearly fired anyway, just because it was Roxton.

Cursing, I shouldered by bow again and chased after him, dashing past the rest of the group who were now huddled around the box, which had collapsed to the floor.

I didn't get far before a voice called out. "Uhh, Ari? Kat? Would one of yall mind healin me?"

I spun around, my eyes alighting on a figure on the floor. It was Phoenix.

Crouching down I looked him over. He was clutching his knee with a pained expression and he was obviously putting on a brave face. Gently moving aside his hands I could see a tear in his leggings. The wound under the tear was bleeding only slightly, but the skin had been pulled away from the bone and was wrapped around his knee cap, which was also at an odd angle. I put two and two together and figured the Dwarf had kicked his leg. Hard too, and no wonder the damage was so bad; the Dwarf had been wearing steel-shod boots!

Tearing open the rip even more to expose the damaged leg I examined the wound. I had enough healing experience to recognise a displaced knee cap when I saw one. Taking my hip flask off and pouring some of the clear liquor over my hands and then the wound, I gently teased the flesh back over the exposed bone. Pheonix shuffled around and had gone very pale, but kept silent. It must be more painful to repair the wound than it was receiving it because the shock would have dulled the impact.

The skin was soon smoothed back over the wound and it was starting to bleed. That was a good sign. Giving Phoenix a sympathic look I quickly rapped the side of his knee cap with the heel of my hand, popping it back into place. With the pain involved he couldn't stifle a cry, but it was a quiet one. I had great admiration for his mental discipline. I'd seen greater men than he pass out from wounds like this.

Now that the bones were set in place and the skin puled back I could work my magick. Concentrating on the wound and drawing my energies around me like a cloak, I focussed the swelling power into my hand and slowly released it into the knee. Slowly at first and then surprisingly quickly, the flesh began to knit together and the flesh returned to normal. Within seconds the wound was invisible, although there would be some lasting stiffness and lack of strength in the leg. That would fade in a day or two though and with the magick there would be no lasting tendon damage.

Phoenix sighed with relief and the colour was starting to return to his cheeks. I gave him an apologetic look. If only I had greater experience in magickal healing then I wouldn't ahve had to set the wound first - my magick would have done the entire job.

I stood up, putting my hand gently on his shoulder reasurringly and then turned to examine the box...

[OOC]
    You're going to need to get that armour repaired at Stillwater, but it'll be alright for now.

Also, I'd advise taking it easy on the knee for now. It's healed but you shouldn't overtax it for a day or two.
    [/OOC]

8. Phoenix

Phoenix New Member

With a sigh of relief I said, "Thanks Kat. I owe you. If you EVER need anything, just holler and I'll be there." The pain when she was setting my knee had been exrutiating, much worse and I probably would have passed out. I'm not to sure how I managed not to holler any louder than I did, but the sensation from the healing magic was unlike anything I had ever experienced. I could feel everything growing back together. My leg felt fine except for a little stiffness. I got up and made my way over to the box. Whatever had happened to the elf had something to do with the dwarf, but I knew I would never find the dwarf now. He had too much off a head start and my leg was still slightly weak so I wouldn't be able to catch him anyway. But perhaps if we figured out what the box was we would be able to trace it back to him and then I would be able to wring his little dwarf neck!!

9. Flink

Flink New Member

As I picked up the party in the distance, I gave my mount a light jab in each side with my spurs. The animal whinnied and we set off across the plain with great speed. It took only about a minute to reach the others. As we where about to arrive I pulled hard on the reins and the well-trained animal halted its gallop and trotted gracefully over to where everyone was standing. If only one's Half-Ogre was trained this well... I thought as I stopped the animal to see what the others where doing.

Most of the party where standing around the odd little hovering box. Most of them looked amazed. Young Phoenix had managed to get to his feet, and next to him was Miss. Kat. With a light pull on the reins my horse took a few steps and halted next to the two of them.

"Hah, I knew you where of fine stock!" I said, Giving Phoenix a jovial kick to the left shoulder which almost made him fall over. "That dreadful little cretin won't keep you down! Right, my boy?" Phoenix didn't look very happy dispite my cheerful words. "Unfortunately, I was unable to locate your assailant. But at least he won't be bothering us anymore with his presence."

Before continuing I opened my coat pocket, took out my cigar-case and proceeded to put one of the fine rolls of tobacco in my mouth. With the strike of a match I felt whole ones more.

I made my horse take a few more steps so that I came in to Miss. Kat's field of view.
    I looked at her, then turned my head and looked at the rest of the party and the hovering box. After a few seconds I looked back at her and pointed at the others. The two quick turns of my head made the smoke from my cigar twirl in an unusual fashion. "Is this some form of magick-trick? Are you trying to entertain these peasants? I sure'lly hope not. Its a waste of your energy my dear lady. They'll never appreciate it."

10. Demosthenes

Demosthenes New Member

I awoke with a start and was surprised by a tug on my right leg. Looking down I saw a purplish-black worm wrapped tightly around me, pulling me towards the pond with surprisingly strong force. Uh oh. This is not good. I frantically looked around for something I could grab to stop myself from being pulled into the water. I saw a rock to my right and reached out. I got a hold of it and held on with all my strength. The worm's tug got even stronger once I grabbed the rock. Thinking quickly, I summoned the strength of the earth to my body. With my strength augmented by the earth elemental spell, I was able to match the creature's strength and stop it's progress. Able to stop it's progress, that is until the rock I was holding popped loose fromt the earth. I shot towards the pool with alarming speed. Realizing that I had to kill the beast now, I quickly summoned a fireball to my hand with a thought and sent it flying towards the worm to kill it. At least, that's what I intended to happen. My spell backfired and instead of launching the fire at the creature, it exploded in my hand. I bit my lip in pain as the flame seared my flesh and burned my robe. I panicked as the beast pulled me into the pond and submerged my body in the thick liquid. I kicked and swam with all my might to reach the surface. I got my mouth and nose above water for an instant and sucked in as much air as I could. The worm was pulling me deeper and deeper. I swam towards the beast and prepared to battle the creature in closer combat.

11. Snowmane

Snowmane New Member

I stood, gaping, uncertain of what to do. Everything was happening so fast! I shuffled, looking down at the box, which lay innocuously on the ground. It didn't seem right though, I was nervous. I glanced around, not really taking anything in. Roxton appeared spoke, but the words flew by me without sinking in. He seemed so smug though. Something was pleasing him imensely, but I wasn't sure what. I turned, surveying the area, but didn't see Luinil. "Uh... I think that Luinil's missing...."

12. Phoenix

Phoenix New Member

"You're right. I was behind him and there was this brief flash of light and he disappeared. I think that dwarf had something to do with it because he gave something to Luinil soon before Luinil dissappeared and the dwarf made a run for it.", I said. Then mumbled, "But if he knows what's good for him he won't come back around here."

Our Host!