The Great Adventure Discussion

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Forum' started by Flink, May 22, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Resident Master Vampire

Resident Master Vampire New Member

2. Ferret

Ferret New Member

I have no idea.

Parmanian, if you want to join then create a character and post it in here first for me to look at. If it's ok then you can join. Also, if you join, make sure you post in the actual thread and not in the discusion thread. :roll:

3. Resident Master Vampire

Can you begin quickly Ferret? I'm getting very bored.

I would like to join in as fast as possible. Thank you. :)

4. VerZreV

VerZreV New Member

Good news! I'm back! And If we move now, we can still save TGA from dying!!!

I'm stressing the story a little, but Demo and me agreed that we need the story to develop soon, so I'm talking for him on a couple of occations.

Your bestest friend

VerZreV

5. Ferret

Ferret New Member

Ooh... story. That's a good thing, because once we get to Stillwater I have no idea what to do. Don't forget I just took over from Icairus, who started it.

Once your part of the story gets going, if you want to PM me about it then maybe I can try to skew the thread around that for a bit. :)

BTW, I hope you're feeling better now. Also, it wasn't you that held the thread up. It was my turn to post since we've needed to break camp and get moving for a while now. I've just been rather too busy to write anything and I may not have much still still, but I'll try and keep it going now.

6. Resident Master Vampire

If no one minds, could I write what happens to Luinil?

And please keep this thread going. :)

7. Demosthenes

Demosthenes New Member

Considering that I've now returned from my extended absence, I no longer need anyone to write for me.

VerZreV, can you send me anything you worked out regarding the box you gave me?

8. Demosthenes

Demosthenes New Member

In case some of you haven't realized it yet, I've just been pulled into a different world than the one the rest of the group is in. My character will be active in this other world and have his own storyline until he escapes or is freed. Whether the group decides to try and discover more about this box or just move on doesn't really affect me too much, but I'd ask that when you guys break camp, please bring the box with you.

9. VerZreV

VerZreV New Member

If they don't, I'm prob going to find it and sell it :D :D

10. Demosthenes

Demosthenes New Member

If I get out of that box and find myself in a trinket store I'm going to be very angry at you VerZreV.

11. VerZreV

VerZreV New Member

And so will the new owner I can imagine :lol:

Anyway, I hope you can use the things I wrote for the box... I'm hoping people will try to rescue you...

P.S. Since my Char is pretty useless right now, as he isn't part of the story anymore. I might make a new one to play until my dwarf gets into it all again.

Demo, I'll PM you with some secrets for the box when you get your adventure going...

12. stormwell55

stormwell55 New Member

Hi, I was just wondering if theres anywhere where my characater can join in?

Hes appeared in a few stories on the offical Arcanum forum fan fic section, and the best one yet is The Arcanum Engine.

13. Demosthenes

Demosthenes New Member

The stuff you wrote was very helpful. I've got a story pretty much worked out in my head that includes interactions with many of the things you wrote in your description. I'll PM it to you when I get a chance and maybe you can suggest some stuff.

14. Flink

Flink New Member

I must compliment you on your last post Demosthenes. It has really taken this thread in a whole new direction. I for one wouldn't mind abandoning the "Find the dragon"-quest in order to instead explore exactly what this nether-world is, and how it came to be. Especially since the original thread starter left before really explaining much about what we where suppose to do.

The rest of us must find a way to get there of course. Something I'd like to take a while. Giving our characters some time to interact more in the world of Arcanum we all know. I'd like to get to Stillwater and flaunt my wealth for example. :)

Anyway, just an idea. Kick it around and see if its to your liking...

15. Demosthenes

Demosthenes New Member

There are certainly many places the plot could go to from here. What I've worked out in my mind for my interaction in the Otherworld was based on me travelling solo and searching for a way out. I could alter that if other people get enter the Otherworld as well. Another possibility for you guys would be to continue on to Stillwater to either continue the dragon quest or to search for someone who might know anything about the box. You could also go searching for the mysterious Mr. Armand whom VerZreV has alluded to on numerous occasions. My only request is that if some of you decide to enter the Otherworld, let me get in a few more posts before anyone else joins me.

16. VerZreV

VerZreV New Member

Damn... Maybe I should Copyright the Otherworld?

Demo, you really did a good job on describing it.

If anyone needs details about Otherworld, just PM me...

VerZreV

17. Ferret

Ferret New Member

The thread is closed. We have all the players we need. Unless we get too many drop-outs I'm not accepting new players at this time.

Besides, you'd need to make a new characeter. I don't want established characters in this thread or ones with too much experience since it cuts down the fun if you know all about everything and how to handle it.

18. Demosthenes

Demosthenes New Member

The stuff you provided me was very helpful in writing the post. As far as you sending details about Otherworld to people, I've got a couple interactions planned out that will reveal many of those details. You can either send it out or just tell people to wait. Suspense is a wonderful thing.

19. Resident Master Vampire

I know I sound a little hasty... but... PLEASE HURRY!

The suspence is killing me! :???:

20. Ferret

Ferret New Member

Just think how I feel in the Tomb of Coritonius thread. I made one or two posts and then I had to wait. I'm still waiting. :p

Don't worry, these things take time. At least you'll have worked out a decent way of joining in now though - or at least, a decent introduction and proposition to join us. We'll still be heading to Stillwater though, despite having 'The Boxâ„¢' unleashed upon us.

Our Host!