The God Game

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Forum' started by Grakelin, Feb 5, 2010.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

At which point in time did anybody outline a rule that said we couldn't interfere with eachother's havens, especially ones on the surface of our core planet?

2. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

Uh, the forest being your "haven" doesn't mean shit to me. If you can't protect a creature from another deity, then you obviously can't protect a place either. The forest is NOT off limits to any other deity. Seriously, we just established that even the avatars are nothing agaist our power.

I haven't broken any rules, so I won't undo the mountain.

3. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Oh cute. Nice edit job there.

Screw this game, I'm outta here. I have better RPs to be taking part in.

4. Arthgon

Arthgon Well-Known Member

Isn’t so that the haven is the place where the Deity’s power is at it strongest? So, technically Marbeth's place can't be changed by another deity. Hades could not change the realm of Zeus, or the latter couldn’t change the one of Poseidon. Yes, you can barge in, but changing no.

What happend?

5. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

6. Arthgon

If the gods and goddess from the Greek, Egyptian, Norse Mythology etc, do not any powers to change each other havens, how come it is possible now?

7. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

Because we aren't those deities...

8. Wolfsbane

Here's how it is, Arthgon:

The Haven might be her chosen place to invest a lot of her power in, BUT, her haven isn't her. It's part of our mutual creation and we can all toy with it as we like. I can't make xiao do anything because we have equal power, but her haven is just a place and so I can do practically whatever I want with it.

If you can't take change, or to see your plans get squandered, then I guess this game is not for you.

9. Arthgon

I may be wrong, but it was she, who has created the haven in the first place. The one, who has created his /her haven, is his/hers.

Oh, have you invest something in her haven then? We all had a part in the creation of 'Home'.

I can deal with this sort of things, but I think we should look at the rules of this game again.

10. Wolfsbane

The haven "belongs" to her as in she claims ownership of it, yes, but that doesn't mean other deities can't edit said place. If you think we should do it your way, then I created land, and because it's then MY land you can take your forests, holes, temples and eagles and shove them, cause it's fucking mine!!!!!1one (whine whine).

Seriously, though, nothing in this game belongs to anybody (except for themselves, of course). If I wanted to, I could smash all of Home in one Act and create a new world with another. These are the rules of the game and all you need to do is to adapt to and abide by them. It's as easy as pie.

11. Arthgon

This was not about myself or how I wanted everything my way (I can live with all these rules.*), but about the sticky situation with Xiao. I think you two have to talk about this.

True.

* I am just not that happy with this haven rule.

PS: If everyone agrees with this haven rule, I shall life with that.

12. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

You know, Xiao, I study Drama in university, and one of the most important things we're taught is that a performer has to take whatever their fellow performers give them and work with that. It's an artist connection. This applies to other art forms as well. If what another performer is doing invokes feelings of rage within you, take that rageful energy and put it into your work. The worst thing you can do is give up and decide not to react.

13. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

This isn't an acting class, and if he wanted to go fucking around with my centre of power he should have warned me first as a matter of common courtesy. And he certainly shouldn't have edited the offending post to make me look like a whining emo when I complained.

I will tolerate no more of this bullshittery.

14. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

Nobody needs to warn you about anything that happens in a forum RP, Xiao. You're not writing this solo.

15. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

Don't think Arthgon understood what the rage induced zombies are, i mentioned 28 days later as a sort of reference to the type. We all know any being trying to capture them would be infected, but ok, I shall life with that.

16. Wolfsbane

Edited what? If you mean the post where I created the mountain, I haven't edited anything. I made that mountain like that from the start.

There's nothing wrong going on here, Xiao. I'm playing by the rules, and that's the end of it. We're not required to be kind to one another.

This is nothing personal, you know, it's just a game.

17. Charonte

Charonte Member

The biggest problem with this is that everyone has far, far too much freedom. Right now the whole thing is a collection of 'my god created this' and 'my god destroyed that' posts with very little interaction between. Don't get me wrong, as singular parts it is interesting but as a collective, the continuity between each is questionable. 'Acts' aren't uniform either; An individual could destroy everything the others had created 6 times a week which would be 'perfectly legal' by the rules.

I don't know, it'd be more interesting if various restraints were in place. Maybe initially the gods have one week to create a universe and populate it, after which they are forced to 'bless' an individual of any given species and play as a character of limited power instead of an omnipresent being. At least that way there isn't any "I want a mountain there", or "I want every soul from species x now'.

Every player already has a firmly established idea of what they are and what they're doing, however without a recognised standard or common ground between it is very disjointed to read.

18. The_Bob

The_Bob Administrator Staff Member

It is slightly annoying to have the fruits of your RP undone but that's how this game works. Deities cannot be petty, which is what the past turns were. Then again, if Xiao wanted a more peaceful RP, it would've been common courtesy to oblige her.

19. Wolfsbane

All she would've had to do was confront me in the game as her deity. Nobody has even tried to ask of my deity to stop. They just get angry and hope it'll go away :p

20. Arthgon

What are the rules about capturing or confronting another Deity?

Zanza: I have changed the post about the zombies, is this better?

The_Bob: Does the poison of the dark pond have any effect overall forest, or just a part? In addition, can the restless spirits be bound to a part of the forest, to protect the creatures of the forest from them? Are those spirits good and/or evil?

Our Host!