The God Game

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Forum' started by Grakelin, Feb 5, 2010.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Arthgon

Arthgon Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if forming an alliance or moving your haven counts as an act? Have everyone takes on a form or appearance? Example: Grossenschwamm as Deity of the Sea takes a form of a Poseidon-like Deity.

Yay.

2. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

I would say anything that has an affect on the course of the game would be considered as an act. However if one was to say they observed something, I myself wouldn't consider that an act unless you acted upon it, in which case the reaction would be the act. Forming an alliance would require you to make an offer (an act) then the other deity would then choose to accept (being an act in my books) or ignore. I don't believe ignoring would be an act as it is simply not acknowledging them and you probably wouldn't have to go out of your way to do that.

3. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Much as I hate to say it (and believe me, I hate to say it), I agree with Zanza.

4. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

Zansa is of course right. Anything that requires you to actually do something must be considered to be an act.

5. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

Yes, I will update on the 21st (22nd, if you are in the South Pacific) regardless of whether everybody has gone or not.

Also, I like that you typed out that quote word for word and misspelled everything.

6. HaseoTOD1

HaseoTOD1 New Member

7. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

8. Wolfsbane

I've already created death, you know, but go ahead and be the reaper if you like.

9. HaseoTOD1

HaseoTOD1 New Member

10. Wolfsbane

Rule check: Can Arthgon do as he did with his fifth Act? Undo my Act with an Act of his own, that is? And if he can, can I then also undo the 'immunity to other deitys influence' that he's bestowed onto his minions with an Act of my own?

Personably, I think he contradicted my move with his which should be considered a breach of the rules.

But I'll leave it to Grakelin to decide.

11. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

(What is to stop two people using all their acts undoing each other's moves? I think to undo and then to make immune is pretty cheap, should only be able to make immune in a way that there is a way around it. An example of this is my egg inside the moon, it is immune because it is encased inside a god damn moon protected by my haven, now if a cunning deity managed to get a foot inside that haven...)

12. Wolfsbane

(Or throw a meteor at it? Thing is, Arthgon could have undone my acts way more smoothly than he originally intended to. I'm ok with the immunity part as long as it takes an entire Act to achieve it. I circulated the immunity by corrupting other beings to strike down the immune ones. As long as we can't undo each others Acts by simply undoing them, I'm game.)

13. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

((I'm all for dick moves, as long as there are ways to counter them or react to them that don't outright suck or make the person trying to counter look like a 'ah-heh' God-modder.

I'll fetch me coat.))

14. HaseoTOD1

HaseoTOD1 New Member

( agreed on both wait, and the anti-god-modding.)

15. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

((Wolfsbane, my forest is my Haven. If you're going to attack my base of power, wait till the next group of acts are allotted.))

16. Wolfsbane

(Why? I'm not trying to be rude here, I'm just using tactics. I only did this because I knew you were out of actions and thus unable to defend yourself. It's nothing personable, it's a game, and you were my target this round. The forest burns until next round.)

17. Arthgon

(I agree to this.)

(What do you all think about the replacement of that post?

Like I said it means that the Great Eagles are further immune to the influences of the other deities, but a few may still have the urge (Through the influences) to kill the small animals, but not as much as before.)

(Agree.)

(What about this as a compromise?

The few Great Eagles* that kept on killing those small creatures left their nests in secrecy. While flying around the entire place, they searched for the one Deity who has influenced them with its thoughts. For they have the thirst of its powers.

*Razor, Scar, Black beak, One-eye, Rogan, Ulf, and their wives and children.)

18. The_Bob

The_Bob Administrator Staff Member

(I'm against all off this immunity bullshit. We're Deities here, we can do whatever the hell we want, to everything. Someone could be an asshole and tear the world in two, killing all creatures regardless of how badass they were. They can be strengthened or shielded from other creatures, but will remain nothing compared to deities.

I'd assume my Thirteenth avatar to be tougher as it is currently the embodiment of my deity, but otherwise, its just an earthly shell with very limited powers, however impressive they may be to lesser creatures. Tougher, because anyone trying to control it would have to overrule my Deity's direct grasp over the avatar, but otherwise there's nothing stopping others from messing with it. I consider all creatures not under explicit control of a deity to be powerless against another player's direct influence.

In the end it's all about style and not being too much of an asshole, whoever keeps pissing everyone off will eventually be kicked from the game. Also, a separate discussion thread is in order, should I split RP posts into another thread ?)

19. Arthgon

(Let's make a deal then, the next races that we all create can be influenced, but are not immune, etc.)

(Yes.)

20. Wolfsbane

(I agree with the removal of immunity. We're almighty gods and godesses, people.

This a warning? :p I'm just playing my part, you know. After all, what's a forest or a few minions to a deity, eh? I don't want to ruin the game, I just want to spice it up a bit.

Please do.)

Our Host!