The endings. Obvious spoilers.

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by labyrinthian, Sep 17, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. labyrinthian

labyrinthian New Member

I asked this in my first post, but was just told to search for it. Kindly, yes, but nevertheless... So I searched a various combos, and -- one post (plus the one I posted). And it gave a really vague answer. So here it is again:

Is it possible to get any god ending but the evil one, and, if so, how? The various options I've seen at the end are 1) Kill Kerghan 2) Convince Kerghan he needs to die, which I did successfully, but I still had to fight him, which I think is pretty stupid or 3) join with Kerghan and get all your good followers to attack you, then kill Arronax, Bane, etc., then become an evil god, all alone on a dead world.

The few times I've seen this discussed, here and in walkthroughs, it says you need the blessing of ultimate power (CHEESY NAME) and 100% good. I had these things. I also had CHR and INT at 20, and Master persuasion. Oh, and I had magic aptitude at 100, just for good measure. PLease, if anyone has seen any of the god endings EXCEPT the alone evil god, please let me know.

Worth mentioning: if you join Kerghan, you become less good, especially since you have to kill Virgil or any other good followers, so you CAN'T be 100 good after you join him. I think I've tried every dialogue option (and with my stats, that should be all of them.

Anyone?

2. Luvian

Luvian New Member

I think you can't take Kergan if you want to become a good god.

3. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
  4. labyrinthian

labyrinthian New Member

Thanks. Truly. But that thread is the one I found when I searched, the one I referred to as vague. I went over to the official VU board and found nothing. So, since it has been a while since that thread you kindly posted (and really, thanks for posting it instead of just telling me to search again), has anybody in the meantime found a way to get one of the non-evil god endings without modding, or was whisper right when (s)he said you have to mod to see those endings? If so, oh well, I'm not a modder. Like Shadygrove, my fellow east coast Jew, said, "I research by playing, not reading scripts."

Our Host!