The Diamond of Aragothus

Discussion in 'Module Discussion' started by Draven Longhalf, Aug 16, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Draven Longhalf

Draven Longhalf New Member

Zup, I been playing Arcanum for years, and this is the first time I actually decided to join a forum.

I have a mod that has been a work in progress for more than 3 years, that I call The Diamond of Aragothus.

Here is the story, feedback is encouraged:

You were orphaned as a child, and left for dead by your parent's battered corpses. An Elven tribe finds you and raises you. They have an all knowing 'Elder' similar to the Silver Lady, who tells you that a Sacred Jewel has been stolen from the Temple that it was stored in, and you are the only one who can retrieve it. Thousands of years ago, a powerful sorceress named Aragothus stored her power in this diamond at the brink of her death. The magick kept inside is the only thing that keeps balance of reality on middle earth. Unfortunately, a Demon named Jahs'kahn has stolen the diamond and plans to use it to wipe out the humans. It is humans, and humans only that are his target, therefore giving you the choice to say "I don't give a damn!" If you aren't human from the beginning that is.

Anyway, the quest takes you to places such as a Mayan Temple, A Giant Castle City much like Caladon, Secluded Islands, Underground caves, and even an Incarnation of The Underworld. Main followers names are Rook, Dimitri, Adonis, and Aero. Aero is a mute deaf, and also the healer. Haha... Rook is an old Elf who is technologically inclined, and is the main follower, hence the Virgil of the story. Dimitri is a female half orc, who is very subconsious about her name. Adonis is a brainless, yet fearless warrior, who is obsessed with keeping his sword clean.

I am trying to keep a consistant flow of comedy, suspense, and action.
    For example, Adonis sees a large chest and says "Whoa. Now that's what I call a payday." He opens it, and is aggravated because there is only a rusty dagger and a worn pair of shoes inside. Something moves behind them and it jumps on Adonis and scares the shit out of him. It was Dimitri, and she starts to rapidly slap Adonis, saying "That's my stuff!" That's how you meet Dimitri.

I'll try not to be too immodest, as I usually am, and ask what everyone thinks of it. Well?

2. Gillsing

Gillsing New Member

I think I would prefer a module that feels more like another adventure rather than an epic quest, complete with Orphan Raised by Elves background. And I'd also prefer more focus on technology than magickal diamonds. But it's not as if I can say that we have too many Arcanum modules, right? :/

3. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

Hopefully, it's not our friend the rickroller.

4. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

It sounds like something I'd want to play.

One thing though, and I think I can speak for everyone on this -
    We want some screenshots first!

5. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

I'm more into a five minute in-game trailer.

6. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

I stand corrected!

7. stylex

stylex Member

8. The_Bob

The_Bob Administrator Staff Member

It sounded better on Sat Aug 16, 2008. It's more of an echo now.

Our Host!