The Death of Magick?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by Slaughter, May 24, 2007.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

You mean the Vendigroth device? It actually is pretty worthless. Really. it only works on mages that currently are hiding in regenerative shells, and that doesn't happen too often. Practically it looks like this: if a powerful mage by using his powers hurts a great technologist nearly to death, he just kills him. When a great technologist uses his gadgets to hurt a powerful mage nearly to death, he..oops! Regenarative shell, sorry, no killing. So the vendigroth device isn't making technology uber, it just makes it balanced to magic in near to victory situations, doens't however help defeat hurt a mage.
    Also, the lack of antitech magic is a little in-game, because how do you imagine it beeing pleced in it? "Antitech magic spell, +50% damage to tech inclined foes"? It would be completely inpractical, especially when we consider the lack of tech inclined foes.
    Also it could be said this way: antimagic technology? Flow disrupting shield, +30%. Antitech magic? Desintegrate. The spell is antieverything, it would destroy all that anyone could think about, also every technology. Also, magic by itself it much more antimagic than technology, I'm thinking about the whole meta school, and about all those magical items that give you magic resistance, in tech only the disruptor gives any.

2. Roller

Roller New Member

Magic is vastly superior to technology. Also, Magic and Technology cannot be compared. :D

Magic is a product of some basic force(unknown or forgotten in our real world), comparable to, say, nuclear power. But, easy to control, no side effects. Can do multiple things. Its awesome! Now technology makes use of raw energies, doesnt matter if its nuclear or magic. As you see, these two things do not compete with each other at all.

In Arcanum we have a situation of savages using superior weaponry(based on magic) vs more advanced faction fighting with stone-age stuff.

I say both are stupid, by not taking advantage of the situation. ie, mages using some technology-made magic empowering lenses. And tech people using bullets instead of magic missiles in their rifles.

3. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

STOP FUCKING MUCKING ABOUT WITH THREAD NECROMANCY!

4. Roller

Roller New Member

Xiao_Caity
    Couldnt quite hear you, sorry.

5. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

This forum disapproves strongly of gravedigging threads. Please don't do it again.

6. Roller

Roller New Member

DarkFool
    This forum should better, and probably is, disapprove low intelligence posters to write offtopic all-caps insultive spam posts like the one above my second. And not discourage from replying to threads from page 5. Get it? Also i should mention that your post is offtopic and contributes nothing of value to the thread. Sadly, mine current too.

7. The_Bob

The_Bob Administrator Staff Member

We have the General Discussion and Site Feedback for discussing the forum rules and traditions - feel free to open a thread and state your point there. Until it has been accepted though, stop the damn gravedigging.

8. Roller

Roller New Member

im not discussing anything. You are. If you havent noticed, i actually reply to the thread. Would you kindly please STFU. If it does bother you, simply dont read, and take a chill-pill. :)

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Jesus Christ, get the fuck out of here, you imbecile.

10. Roller

Roller New Member

Well, anyway. Neither "style" should win, since they are really two parts of a whole. But the first who adopts the other - wins. Be it magicians with tech weapons, or techs with magic powered weapons.

11. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Oi. Don't mock my intelligence, oh idiot who cannot follow simple rules such as 'don't resurrect really old threads'. Did you even READ the FAQ? We have it *for a reason*.

\nIm (God it's hard to do a 'swivel on it' without the (in)appropriate smilie.)

12. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

Locking is easier than banning.

For now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!