The Darkness falls upon my Dark Sight..

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by symban, Mar 18, 2011.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. symban

symban New Member

I had 3 epic gameplays in my mind;

1)Tech with no physical stats (5 STR, 3 CON, 5 DEX) surpassed 100 TA long ago, having fun with my tranqulizer gun squad (Vollinger, PC, Sebastian, Payne) magnus with machined small plate miners helmet and machined hammer (for fatigue damage), Virgil with mystic staff (plus 18 fatigue damage) and Jayna with Shocking staff (the killing machine in my team). of course worthless Mutt as a mascott, but he never enters the scene unless it is impossible to beat (in such cases magnus taking out LGRs for all team out of his pack and we are showering bullets). as you would imagine persuasion firearms master. I can say I enjoy that play alot.

2)Barehand fist fighter (idiotic dialog options) Half-Orc Frankenstein background for dialog options, only virgil for his humor with idiot..the living one. Fire Magic (Body of Fire), hardened hands, agility of fire, and haste along with machined gauntlets. we are pummeling our way through clever dialog choices. I must say for someone who cant benefit melee apprentice speed bonus doing pretty well.

3) Dark Sight gunner assasin (Half-Orc female). well in teory plan was;
    Prowling,pickpocket,picklocks,detect traps, firearms, mechanic 4 (auto skeleton key and eye gear), exlosives 4 (stun grenade), gun 4 (hushed revolver).

complete loner with no followers (even mules). prowling to area in night, taking out all light with hushed revolver. than taking off with LGR from far away where my hit bonusses are maxed and target's minimized.

Problem is that after I take out all lights I (as a person next to the computer screen) can not see anything.... total darkness... it would be a nice feat if they really converted light effects for the darksight too..

Currently it is a torture, I can only attack thanks to the red circle below enemies, and after there are no more taking my lamp and looking around for my way or any loot.. So does anyone have a suggestion for this RP? would be really appreciated, I really want to play this RP.

2. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

Turn up brightness? You are right though it is a shame they didn't have some sort of effect like in baldurs gate with the nightvision elves had.

3. Arthur_Vaapeli

Arthur_Vaapeli New Member

One could say Baldur's Gate 2 has better features, but nothing can rival Arcanum's Steampunk universe :)

4. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

Dark sight isn't thermovision. If you turn up the brightness so it's nearly impossible to see through the glare in normal lighting, then you have a good simulation of what the dark sight background describes, and it should be most comfortable in darkness.

Our Host!