The Cumbrian War

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Forum' started by Ferret, Jun 8, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Ferret

Ferret New Member

It was a bit annoying that he dismissed my idea out of hand, but I guess he was part Elf - and he did have a point about the dark Elves. Still he could have paid it a bit more attention.

I pouted a bit as he left the tent. I looked around, but Evie wasn't there. She must have gone on ahead. I expect she was staying with the army, due to her intellegence information. I was torn between following Andrew, going back to Caladon to see the council and retrieving Ben from Qintarra. I decided to go and get Ben.

On my way out, I could see Andrew retreating to the south with the army in his wake. The rest of the encampment was still being taken down and many of the remaining forces were following the army. I realised that I had no idea as to the location of Qintarra.

Quickly, I hurried to the stables, stopping the falconnier on his way out, and sending a letter to the Council informing them of my mission success and that I would be rejoining the army once I had retreived Ben. (An army that big, pillaging farmsteads and occupying viallges should be easy enough to find).

When I got to the stables, I hurried to Stillwater and found Myrth. He was quite happy to tell me the location of Qintarra, repaying his dept for my ressurecting him earlier.

On my way back out of Stillwater, Cyrus the mage found me. I told him I was off to get Ben and he wished me luck. As a thankyou for taking care of ben, he gave me a ring of teleportation and added an entangle magick to my arcane shortsword. I thanked him and lead Pheonix out of Stillwater.

When I had cleared the defences, I remounted Pheonix and galloped off towards Hardin's pass.

2. DwarvenWarrior

DwarvenWarrior New Member

Feril accidentally woke me instead of Amohl so I took watch thinking of how I would wake him today. Night passed and the sky became a Dark blue in hue dawn was fast approaching and I had crafted a small explosive during the night. I stuck it to the back of a tree and stuck the turkey's feathers to the back of the tree. I woke up Amohl and said "Wake up quickly we have things to do." When he got up I elaborated, "We need more wood" pointing in the trees direction "you go look around over there and I will look around over here." He walked toward the tree still groggy and when he got past I pressed the detonator. BOOM!! He was covered with sap from the tree and feathers. He ran back to find me rolling on the ground laughing. Current score 2: 1 Mercein

3. Dracoverde

Dracoverde New Member

Mercren wakes me up and tells me we have things to do. I get up rather bleary eyed, and very confused. Wasn't Feril supposed to have the watch before me? Why is Mercren waking me up? I step out of the tent, into dawn light. And why is the sun up already?

Mercren points towards a tree and tells me to fetch some wood. Still trying to puzzle out exactly what was going on, I walk in the direction he pointed. Suddenly I was practically deaf and my world consisted of floating splinters and feathers. Very awake now, I turn around and run back to camp to make sure everyone else is okay.

Mercren is rolling around on the ground, laughing fit to split his sides. Feril is stumbling out of the tent, blinking the sleep from his eyes. "Ah oh, so you're the reason I look like a giant turkey, eh?" I conjure up a rain storm to wash myself clean. I seem to be doing this a lot lately. Hmm, as long as it's here . . .

The cloud slowly thins out and vanishes, except above Mercren. I try to summon up my most serious tone of voice and face. "Since I'm up, I might as well see about getting something for our breakfast. While I'm gone, you should think about blowing up innocent trees for simple pranks."

I turn around and storm off to find something edible. As soon as I'm out of earshot of Mercren, as best as I can judge, I burst into laughter. "That was a good one, shouldn't have blown up a hearty living tree, but still a good one."

4. Notharah

Notharah New Member

Amohl woke me up in the morning... of course Mercren was already up... he usually was. Amohl seemed in a strange mood as he was rambling about trees and then left into the woods... I was only half awake thus I didn't get half of what they said... then suddenly I realised it... "I was supposed to wake Amohl... not Mercren.." I felt rather stupid, but frankly coudn't care a lot in my half sleeping condition.

As I splashed some water in my face I started to return to reality... we were in the woods... on our way to Amohls sister and Mercren would go to his clan.

I appoligised to Mercren for waking HIM up... but he didn't seem to mind that much.

Amohl came back with some wood and we ate our breakfest about 20 minutes later.

We dicided to step on it this time because at the going rate it would take too long.

We marched on steady this time and the days passed quick as we talked about many issues. Even I joined in on them and loosened up quite a bit. Amohl seemed to notice this change and apearently he liked it.

Shortly before reaching our destination we stopped for a while...

[ooc] ok.. I'm probably as confused as Feril was in the morning 'cause I haven't got much sleep, so if I goofed up just tell me... I'll read it when I'm fully awake... *edited once [/ooc]

5. Ferret

Ferret New Member

[OOC]
    OK, now we know that Mercren can make plastique and a detonator, so it shouldn't be much of a problem to blow the pass when you get there. But I thought Mare in the mountains to the north, rather than through hardin's pass?

Perhaps it would be a good idea for Draco to post an OOC detailing exactly where Mare lives and for DW to post an OOC detailing exactly where his clan is. That was, Notty shouldn't get too confused again! :wink:
    [/OOC]

1930 hours - April 8, 1985

I had been pushing Pheonix hard for hours now and she was starting to tire, so I reined her in. Besides, I was starving - I hadn't eaten anything since that light breakfast this morning.

I dismounted near a stream and watered and fed Pheonix, the made a small fire, removed some dried wyvern steaks from the saddle bag and boled them in water from the stream. I ate them eagerly. They were tough, but wyvern steaks were tastey, nutritious and they kept well when dried.

As the sun was beginning to set behind the high mountain horison I decided to stay here for the night. As I snuggled down into my bear-fur sleeping bag, I fingered the ring of teleportation that Cyrus had given me. I wish I could use it to get directly to Qintarra, but the Elves guard against that sort of thing. However, I could use it to get to the other side of Hardin's pass. Besides, I really didn't want to have to pick my way through all those traps again.

The next morning I awoke to the sound of whinying. Pheonix was a bit distressed and I soon found out why. There was a bear cub with it's nose in my saddle bag. Trying to get to the wyvern steaks I'd imagine. I flicked a ball of energy at it and it collapsed with a squeek. It would make an interesting variation to the wyvern stakes, and I could make a cover for my saddle out of it's hide. I still felt a little saddle-sore from all that riding yesterday.

By the time I had skinned the cub, eaten and packed it was already mid-morning. Due to the time constraints I was facing, I had used a scroll of hasten on the pelt and it had cured in no time and I now had myself a soft, fluffy saddle-case. It went well with Pheonix's chestnut coat and gave her a majestic look. I mounted the saddle and to my relief I found it much more comfortable.

This time, instead of riding off, I focused upon my new ring and soon enough, I was at the far side of Hardin's pass. I wondered briefly about how Amohl and the others were doing, but I ddin't have time to dwell on it, so I set off at a fast canter towards the new mark on my map - Qintarra.

6. Maniac

Maniac New Member

My plan was working well. We evaded the enemy and have been raiding all the villages and towns going forwards Tarant. I was worried sick about Quintarra but I was even more worried about Katherine. I missed her. I guess she was insulted by the way I rejected her plan but I'm the one who has been tortured by the dark elves. I barely escaped alive and I saw the horrors of TsenAng. Katherine really had a habit of going away and returning without mention. Eve stayed but she was so diferent from me. I guess I envied her. She was careless, always happy, smiling and energetic. However I have been gloomy for the past days only acting happy in front of my soldiers so as to keep their morale high. Our army stopped by a medium sized stream and made camp for the night. The soldiers were lively, chatting, singing, training. I left them be and went to the stream. The sky was clear. I could see thousands upon thousands of stars. I sat down by the stream, put off my boots and put my feet in the cold, refreshing water. The horses were walking in the stream also refreshing their feet. I took my lute and started playing it while silently singing...

7. Dracoverde

Dracoverde New Member

[OOC]
    Mare lives north, and slightly west of Stillwater, up near the mountains. At the rate we were traveling, we should have gotten there around midday on our third day of travel.
    [/OOC]

After a quick breakfast, Feril suggested we pick up the pace, he seemed to be getting a little impatient. Being eager to get there myself, I readily agreed, as did Mercren. We set out and covered a lot of ground in a short time. We stopped for a short break with our goal in sight.

8. Notharah

Notharah New Member

[ooc] I'm going to write the story to the point just before we reach the exact spot... did you already mention in what kind of house your sister lives Draco??? or can I just name it a shack and be done with it... tell me if it's wrong [/ooc]

Amohl face seemed to turn happier as we made progress... it would not be long now anymore before he would see his sister again...

I smiled... it was good to be able to read delight from a persons face. I enjoyed other peoples happiness a lot... it helped me regain my own from time to time.

But everytime I thought I had finally managed to be in a good mood, something always happened that interfered.
    It was like drinking good thea... and then realising the bottom of your cup is filled with dirt... it immediately has effect on the mood you are in.

But right now I was in a quite good mood... we were doing things I liked to do... and it made me smile.

Amohl suddenly spoke up... "It should only be a mile from here now!"

and we continued our last steps......

9. Dracoverde

Dracoverde New Member

We covered the last mile in just under ten minutes. I was outwordly thrilled to be nearing my home, burying the fear that kept trying to stop me. What I saw when we entered the clearing stopped me in my tracks.

The clearing was littered with rotting corpses, wolves, bears, and various other wildlife, even a couple of small apes. The stench was overbearing. At the far side of the clearing, was a burned out shack. The roof had collapsed inside and the walls had burned nearly to the ground.

"no, no, I'm not seeing this. This isn't here, it's just a variation on the nightmare." I collapse to my knees and cover my face with my hands. "It can't be like this. She wouldn't let it stay like this. She would've buried the dead and fixed our home."

"She can't be dead." I get up and run across the clearing, then around behind the shack. The few birds who remained in the surrounding trees flew up, startled by the nearly inhuman shriek I let out. I stared in disbelief at the doors to my workshop. They were splintered and the hinges were wrenched out of alignment.

"I can't, no. I just can't." The world around me fades to a shade and a whisper. "no"

[OOC]
    If you search the clearing better than I did, you'll also see some bits of dwarven weaponary, axes, shields, pieces of flamethrowers, etc. And the doors to my workshop are set in the ground. They covered a stairway that leads down into a natural cavern that I furnished for my research. If Mercren or Feril go down to look around, you'll see that the place was completely ransacked.
    [/OOC]

10. DwarvenWarrior

DwarvenWarrior New Member

I walk in behind Amohl, the smell was overpowering lots of bodies but more so something different. I look around and notice many weapons. Pyro axes, Flamethrowers, Grenade shells, I then realize that the air is thick with the smell of gunpowder. I pick up an axe and see a symbol that makes my heart skip a beat. The emblem of the wheel clan.

[OOC]Sorry I was gone for so long but WCIII is real addictive is above where the iron clan would be hell lets just say it’s a days journey under hardens pass instead [/OOC]

11. Ferret

Ferret New Member

1615 hours - April 10, 1985

I had been riding now for over half a week in all. The whole of the glimmering forest looked the same. If it wasn't for my ability to read a map, then I would surely have become lost days ago.

At last, rounding a particularly dense piece of forest, I see the entrance to Qintarra. It was exactly as Myrth had described it - but for one exception. The whole area was teeming with Elves.

Dismounting Pheonix, I approached the concealed entrance to the hollowed-out tree containing the stairs into the forest canopy. No sooner had I moved to within 5 feet of the doorway, than I had a dozen Elves surrounding me, all with bows strung and aimed at my chest.

"Come with us" one of the Elves called, and motioned me to follow him. Another Elf took Pheonix's reigns and I was forced to follow the Elf who had spoken to me, with four others following me with their bows still strung.

We entered the hollow tree and within moments we emerge out into the tree tops to an amazing vista. Qintarra was a beautiful village, built into the very canopy itself, with ropeways and platforms attached to the trees and beautifully crafted buildings that looked as if they had been grown from the very trees themselves.

I stood in awe at the wondrous sight in front of me, until I was prodded from behind and led across a few of the walkways to a very grand, large house built into the centre of a fork of what has to be the largest oak tree I've ever seen.

Outside the house stood a tall, pale and beautiful Elfen lady with dark hair, who was directing the other Elves in their various tasks. I knew at once to who I was being led.

"Princess Raven, greetings" I say, curtsying gracefully in front of her. "It is an honour to meet one so highly revered among the first Elves."

She looked a little surprised, but then smiled and told the Elven rangers surrounding me to go back to their watch. She beckoned me inside the house.

Once we were inside, she turned to me with a grave expression on her face. "I'm sorry for the rather cold reception" she says, with a rather apologetic tone to her voice "but we're in the middle of abandoning the village". I'm about to say something, and guessing what it might be she hastily adds "Don't worry, I know who you are. A mutual friend of ours, Andrew Gather, has told me all about you." [She smirks] "He speaks quite highly of you, you know".

She hurredly continues, as if there isn't much time left. "You don't need to worry about the village. After all, it's just a village and can always be rebuilt. The lives of my kin however, are of much greater importance. Therefore, sad athough it makes us, we have decided to abandon the village and take refuge within the great forest, where the Tarantians will never find us - at least, not until they have destoyed the greater portion of the forest itself". She said this last bit with a regretful, almost pained note to her voice, as if expecting this to happen.

"As for your friend, Ben, we shall be glad to take him with us if it is your wish for us to do so. He is a bright student, and enthusiastic, and has come on well under his tuition. Indeed, I hear fawn has become quite enamored with him as he is possibly the best student she has had and it would be an honour for us to continue his training." She looks at me with a deep, penetrating gaze. "I will understand though, if you would like to take him with you, but I can guarantee he will be just as safe with us than anywhere else in Arcanum at this current moment in time".

We both fall silent for a time. She has given me much to think about, and would it be really fair to end Ben's training and bring him to the front lines? Fighting against the urge to keep him with me, I decide that he would indeed be better off with the Elves, continuing his training. I turn again to Raven. "I think perhaps you are correct Raven, in allowing him to stay. It would be unfair on him to take him from your care, but would it be possible for me to see him?"

She smiles kindly at my anguish, and nods. She leads me through some doors to a small, almost bare room, where Ben is packing away his belongings. As I enter the door, he looks up, drops his belongings and hugs me. Raven left us and Ben and I discuss his options.

Half an hour later, I emerge from the room. Raven offers me food and a bed, for it is getting late and the light fades quickly in the forest. Gladly I accept.

0830 hours - April 12, 1985

Over the last day, I have helped the Elves prepare to leave, until Qintarra is now just an empty shell. It looks depressing and lonely, with all the building empty and deserted. Raven has updated me on the progress of the army and given me the latest position on their movements. This should allow me to teleport directly back there.

I say a last goodbye to Ben and thank Raven once again for her help and hospitality. I wish her good luck, and the last of the Elves, Raven and Ben move silently off into the forest.

All alone again, with just Pheonix for company, I walk a fair way away from Qintarra, mount Pheonix and activate my ring of teleportation.

[OOC]
    I hope this puts your mind at rest about Qintarra Maniac! :wink: I'll be joining you shortly - perhaps your next post could include me returning?

Also, the passage of days should account for the time that Draco, Notty and DW have taken so far in reaching Mare's house, and the time that Maniac and the army have been steadily moving towards Tarant for. Hopefully this puts us all on the same day again.
    [/OOC]

12. Maniac

Maniac New Member

As I was singing by the stream I heard a horse. I turned and saw Katherine on her horse. She jumped off. I put my flute on the ground and quickly ran up to her hugging her and raising her into the air. Then I remembered my positon and put her on the ground. Blushing I said:
    "I'm glad you're back Katherine. How is Quintarra?" I tried to say this in a most formal voice but it was hard and sounded funny.

13. Fodder

Fodder New Member

[ooc]Wow, just found this board, and reading this thread is fun;), some of you guys (and girls) are great writers! Are you accepting new characters or is it too late in the story for that?

Thanks for the entertainment!
    -Fodder
    [/ooc]

14. Ferret

Ferret New Member

[OOC]
    OK Fodder, I've PM'ed you - you're welcome to join. Just join remotely (I've explained everything in the PM I sent you, along with a few ideas if you don't already have any).
    [/OOC]

2100 hours - April 12, 1985

I had materialised near the wake of the army. That was obvious by the pillars of smoke on the horizon and the huge track of churned up mud on the ground. I had seen the trailing end of the army to the east and make my way towards them at a reasonably canter. It had taken me most of the day to work my way to the front of the army, and by then the army had camped and night had fallen.

I found Andrew playing his lute near a small stream. I cantered over to him, approaching from behind, and then dismounted and began leading Pheonix by the reigns. He must have heard me though, because he stopped playing, and ran over and hugged me. "I'm glad you're back Katherine. How is Quintarra?" He asked. He was blushing bright red, and looked and sounded rather embarrassed.

He looked so put out at showing such emotion that I giggled. Then gave him a kiss on his cheek, at which he turned so red that I thought he might pass out. I tied pheonix to a low-slucg brach of a nearby tree and lead Andrew by the arm back down to the bank of the river. Andrew put his feet back in the stream and I too took my boots off and put my feet in the cool, burbling water. I lay back against the bank and told him what I found at Qintarra. I told him that Raven and the other Elves had abandoned the tree-top village, but he didn't seem that surprised. I also told him that I'd left Ben in Raven's care.

We spend the best part of the evening by that stream, talking and looking at the stars. Andrew even plays me a song or two on his lute. He really was quite good. It was hard to imagine that right now, we were in the middle of a war. Especially a war between the two fundamental forces in Arcanum - that of magick and technology.

Finally we got up and I bade goodnight to Andrew. I took Pheonix off to the stables and then made my way to the ladies' pavillion. It was late and I was tired, and as there was no sign of Evie, I didn't go looking for her. There would be time enough for that in the morning.

I quickly undressed and slipped between the sheets. Within minutes I was fast asleep.

[OOC]
    OK Rosie, your turn - you haven't posted in a while. Also, incase you haven't heard from him, Maniac is going to be away until sunday, so he's given me control of his character.
    [/OOC]

15. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

I missed Kat. With the majority of my job being done, everyone seemed to ignore me. While I didn't need constant attention, all this being alone was letting me think about Lukan... and about how little progress I'd made towards finding his killer. At least if she was here, I could count on trying to counter her every attempt to civilize me... Life was so boring witha moving army!!! No wonder I'd always stayed in cities. I just tried to stay out of the way as the army wound it's way through the countryside. Eventually they'd remember that they knew nothing what-so-ever about the Revernis device, and then they would come looking for me...

16. Dracoverde

Dracoverde New Member

While trying to cope with what I've seen, my vision doubles, then blurs, replacing reality with a vision stripped straight from my nightmares. A similiar clearing, a burning shack, and a mob of people with swords and torches. The people are grim and silent, watching the building. A couple emerge out of the front door, dragging two others. Throwing their burdens in front of them, the attackers force them to their knees, with hands behind their backs. From the woods, a couple of small heads peer around a tree trunk. The captured woman struggles and manages to break free long enough to launch a few fireballs. One appears to go wild, streaking towards the tree hiding the children. They shriek and run off, luckily unnoticed by the now frenzied mob, chanting for death. This vision blurs and fades out back to reality.

"It can't be happening again. I can't lose the only family I have left." Leaping to my feet, I let out a feral scream of denial and anger. Simultaneously, a nearly gale-force wind streams out of the north and sweeps across the clearing. "I'll find you, Mare, nothing can keep me from that."

I stride down the staircase to my workshop and look around. As I expected, the place was a disaster. Beakers shattered, books strewn about, shelves dumped out and tossed aside. It wasn't methodical, but the purpose looked clear enough. Someone came here looking for something. I wonder what. I walk through the debris to the far corner. The safe I'd built into the cave wall was hanging open, and empty. Oh Mare, what did they do to you? I spent the next hour or so looking around and taking a quick inventory of undamaged items. I came up with various books that were still legible and intact, none particularly useful, a small piece of ore I had been experimenting on due to its apparent resistance to magic, and several jars of herbs and reagents.

Just as I was giving up my search and preparing to leave, I noticed a glint of gold under the stairs. Curious and nervous, I approached the stairs and reached a hand underneath, gathering up the object. It was a gold pendant on a mithril chain, a dragon riding in a crescent moon, a small sapphire embedded for its eye and a sculptered ruby for flames.

I tread up the stairs slowly, staring at the pendant. Reaching the surface, I realize the sun is setting. I must have been out of it for quite a while. I look for Mercren and Feril. Spotting them, I walk over.

"I suggest we make camp a couple hundred yards upwind for now. Tomorrow, we'll see if we can spot a trail and find the bastards that took Mare." Making a decision, I clasp the chain around my neck, leaving the pendant to hang on my chest.

17. Notharah

Notharah New Member

[ooc] sorry it took so long... but I've got a job and I'm rather busy.... but I'll make up for it now.
    Fodder.. nice to see that people still want to join [/ooc]

Amohl was devastated... broken apart. His soul appearently torn.
    His sister had been taken away...
    We searched the clearing only to find pieces of weapons.
    Mercren had discovered the wheel clan symbol on one of the weapons.... he was furious. How could they have done this... the inhumanity.

Amohl stayed down for quite a while.
    We searched the junk and the bodies. But nothing of value was hidden between the trash other than clues leading towards the Wheel clan.

Amohl came out some hours later. He wore a medalion he found.
    He walked towards us and suggested we'd make came some yards upwind.
    We walked in the direction where footsteps were going and after a while we made camp.

The next morning we woke up early and quickly marched onwards. Amohl was lost in thought... still thinking about Mare probably.
    He didn't say much... his ever talkingness had left him.... we needed to find Mare 'cause he was the main source of speech in the group. Eventhough his constant blabbering annoyed me at times... I missed it now....

Mercren didn't say much... he occasionally mubled curses towards the wheel clan.

The traces we followed were quite clear... maybe too clear.
    I advised to take care in order not to walk right into an ambush... and so we decided to walk in a short distance from the traces....

We continued on....

18. Ferret

Ferret New Member

0730 hours - April 13, 1985

I awoke just as the sun had started to filter in through the canvas. After a while, I remember where I was - in the ladies pavillion in the joint Cumbrian/Caladonian army. I also remember last night down by the stream with Andrew, and it brings a smile to my face.

I sit up and stretch, and the covers fall off my naked body. Somebody giggles and I look up. Standing just inside the doorway was Evie! She runs over and hugs me. "I've missed you" she says "and it's been so boring here! I've been left on my own for the last few days and no-one seems to want to talk to me!"

I hug her back, and getting out of bed, stand up. As I get dressed, Evie and I talk. I apologise for leaving her alone and tell her about what had happened at Qintarra, being suitably evasive as to its' location. It seems a bit mean to not tell her, as I've got to really like her by now, but I owe it to the Elves to keep the location a secret.

Now that I'm dressed, we both make our way to the mess tent. Evie is still filling me in on the various things that the army have done over the last few days. She also tells me that there has been no word yet from Amohl, Feril and Mercren. We're about a third of the way to Tarant now, and Evie is worried that Andrew's plan is not working.

We reach the mess tent and settle down for breakfast.

19. Dracoverde

Dracoverde New Member

I snapped awake the next morning, not very well rested. The nightmares are only going to get worse. I need to do something about them.

We picked up camp quickly and ate our breakfast while we traveled. Part of my mind registered that my companions were a little uncomfortable with the new silence that hung around me. But it was quickly shouted down by a sense of responsibility. Best they don't know what I'm thinking, I don't want to depress anyone else. My mind kept returning to and going over some of the darker texts I'd studied throughout the years. Methods of interrogation, battle tactics, innovative uses of spells, things most good, and probably sane, people don't ever contemplate.

After a few hours of marching, Feril voiced a concern over an ambush and suggested we walk a bit to the side of the tracks we were following. Shrugging, I did as he suggested. Whether there was an ambush waiting ahead didn't concern me.

What bothered me most, was that the tracks weren't leading eastward, as I would've thought, towards the Wheel Clan's last known location. We were being led south-west. Or the people we were following simply didn't care if anyone followed them. As long as Mare was there, it didn't matter. But why south-west?

20. Maniac

Maniac New Member

I spent the whole evening chatting with Kat I sang her a few of my songs. I was having the best time I have had for the past years. Katherine looked happy too...and to think we were in the middle of a war...
    The next morning I awoke happy and energetic. My men seemed happy about that. As I was eating in my tent I had time to think. And I realized I was too depressed during the last days to notice that my plan wasn't working. After the breakfast I called a meeting. Katherine & Eve came also.
    "You probably have noticed that my plan isn't working very well. It seems the Industrial Council doesn't care about the small villages. We need to strike them fast and painful. I thought of a plan...we'll attack a supply train line. Here is the closest supply station... [I pointed at the map]. We'll attack it at night but we'll need to take out their alarm signals so we can take over the trains that would come the next morning. Again a stealth mission is needed. Considering the success of the previous mission in Stillwater I suggest that I and Katherine should go..."
    I was interrupted "But you're the leader here!"
    "Don't worry I can take care of myself. And you're good enough leaders to lead the troops. During the coming night you'll stealthily surround the station and wait for our signal, a flare from this gun." I pulled it out. "You'll realize when I shoot it."
    "But Sir! Why do we need to take out the alarms?"
    "Tarantians have a acquired a thing called radio from the dwarves. This radio can send voice over great distances at instant..." a racket rises.
    "Tarant is with allied with the dwarves?!" "Dwarves use magic?!" and such questions are heard.
    "Yes Tarant has allied with the Wheel Clan but some dwarves want to ally with us..." I tried to sound convincing and not let the others to realize how grave the situation was. "And the dwarves didn't start to use magic. The radio is a technological item. I ask you not to tell this to your troops because that would discourage them. Yes. The situation is grave but not as grave as you think...We will get help from Tulla. Ready your troops! We're marching out after a hour. Any questions?"

[OOC]
    Ferret: I don't think this war is between magic and technology since Caladon is advanced quite well in technology. Of course Tarant alliance's strength lies in tech. & the Cumbrian alliance's strength is in magic.
    Rosie: Don't worry I'll want Eve to go on the mission also but I'll ask her later...
    [OOC]

Our Host!