The best online weapons store ever.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Darkwalker, May 30, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Flink

Flink New Member

The Axe-pistol isn't as far fetched as it sounds. I have a book on old weapons and in it are several examples of melee weapons with pistols built in to them. There's even a weapon with 3 uses. Its partly a knife, partly a brassknuckle and also a primitive revolver.

I don't have the book here so unfortunatly I can't give you any more information on this weapon at this time.

2. Phoenix

Phoenix New Member

Do you know the name of that book? I would like to see if I can find it somewhere.

3. Qilikatal

Qilikatal New Member

What a crappy page they do not have any T-34s, thongs that can be turned into lethal slings and nothing showed upp on my search for powerarmor. So i tried for something simpler like a cruise missile and there was nothing.

4. Morden279

Morden279 New Member

To my knowledge, these weapons were built by artificers and craftsmen as curios for the nobility, conversation pieces that would attract a crowd at one's banquet.
    I doubt "combi-weapons" like these were often used in battle, too expensive and probably fragile owing to the number of delicate working parts involved.

Regards,
    Morden

5. Flink

Flink New Member

I've managed to dig up the book now. Its simply called "Old Weapons and Armor". Its been around a while so I don't know if its in print anymore. Also, its not in english. It might be even harder to find a copy in english. (If there even is one.) Anyway, here's what it has to say about the pistol i descriped earlier:

The Apachepistol
    "During the first years of the 20th century there was a gang of criminals in Paris that called themselves "The Apache" after the native american tribe. They had these pistol custom made that also had a built in brass-knuckle and dagger."

Unfortunatly, I don't have a scanner so I can't show you the picture that comes where the text. Maybe you can search the web yourselves...
    Also, looking through the book I found some other examples of this. Among other things a rapier that has a pistol built in to the hilt from the middle of the 18th century, a pistol that has a built in swiss army-knife from the 19th century. Even the axe-pistol on that site. And like others have stated, it was made during the 17th century for a nobleman. And finally there's also a matching knife and fork both of which have built in flintlock pistols in to them. These where made in germany in 1740.

6. backstabber

backstabber New Member

1st one - clarington rifle
    2nd one - dunno

Our Host!