Tesla Gun, Aerial Decapitator and other questions

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by jwh, Apr 27, 2010.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. jwh

jwh New Member

1) Is the Tesla Gun based on Firearm skill? Or just on Dex? I realize it is called a "gun" but since it uses all electricity I didn't know - I am starting over with a throwing/electric techie and don't want to invest in Firearms unless I have to....

2) Anyone know where the Aerial Decapitator is? I've never come across this; but the Prima guide I bought a thousand years ago has it listed in the item section....

3) Does the Unofficial Patch fix the Machined Plate Mail so it gives strength bonus? (my understanding is that this is bugged in the 'normal' stock game)

4) In my first game I found an electro-armor schematic but didn't pay attention to where.... anyone know where this is found?

5) And the most important question (cue sappy 50s music) Why, why do birds suddenly appear, every time Dark Elf is near, why do I fall in love.....

Thanks!

J

2. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

2) The Old Blind Master has it at 750 x 556.
    3) Yep.

3. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    1) It uses firearms, just like tesla rods and the like do.

5) I have that effect on people. Can't help it. Sometimes have to resort to milder forms of violence to keep the 20-year-old girls out of my apartment. Three a day is enough, a man has to set LIMITS.

4. Arkain

Arkain New Member

1. Every weapon is based on a skill. There are no weapons that rely on stats alone. The skills on the other hand depend on the stats.

3. Yes, but depending on your character (and race) that may be quite unimportant. If you want to sneak around it's very noisy and makes sneaking around harder, for example. Plus if you don't plan to melee a lot the strength is mostly for carrying purposes - and that armor alone is so heavy it almost negates the bonus.

4. You should be able to buy the schematic at the next (quality) smith's shop. Alternatively take a look at the local inventor's. The same is true for the Flow Disruptor Shield. To be on the sure side you could try the one in Tarant and simply wait until he has the desired schematics.
    By the way, there's also a schematic to make Charged Swords. Just to stay true to the electro theme.

5. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

4) How can you be in the possession of the Prima Official eGuide and not know that?
    5) Stockholm syndrome.

The Machined Plate is Arcanum's Power Armor and everyone knows you wear one for the sole reason of it being utterly awesome. The parameters are meaningless details.

6. jwh

jwh New Member

Well, I just found the guide (I'm in my 40s and my brain isn't always tracking) a few days ago .... deep in a drawer in my study. Plus, I'd rather ask selective questions here than browse through the guide and potentially ruin other surprises.... I've mainly only looked at the item pictures - since they cannot give much away - and I saw the Aerial Decapitator and don't remember seeing that ever in my game including my run through as a mage.

7. Arkain

Arkain New Member

Jawohl!

8. greekdamon

greekdamon New Member

1. Of course!
    5. That is a song entitled "close to you by carpenters i think"

9. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

You really shouldn't grave dig threads. Particularly when all questions have been answered.

10. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

I believe spambots are immune to logic and reason.

Our Host!