Teen defends PS3 with samurai sword

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rosenshyne, Jun 16, 2007.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

http://www.psu.com/node/11633

Damian and Deanne Fernandez were at home on an uneventful day in their northwest Miami-Dade County home, with their parents at work, when two men decided to break into their home. After the men went to the mother's room and grabbed several pieces of jewelry, they went to Damian's room to grab what they were truly after - a PlayStation 3.

Damain, a brown belt in Karate, was apparently more prepared than the burglar.

"Once I saw him take off running back, I jumped off my (bunk) bed and I grabbed my sword… and I just waited for him," he said.

After supposedly striking him in the chest with the sword the burglar "freaked out," according to Damian.

Damian proceeded to chase him down the street with his samurai sword until the police arrived. A K-9 officer found the burglar located behind a neighbor's palm tree, while the second burglar got away.

Javier Cotera, 21, was arrested and is now due to appear in court next week facing three felony charges.

2. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

The guy should have tried to rob him with a gun.

3. JustaFishInaJar

JustaFishInaJar New Member

That child with the samuria sword was no doubt brain washed from playing too many murder simulations like Grand Theft Auto. Or at least thats what Jack Thompson told me.

4. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Way to go, Damien!

The boy must have used either the flat of the blade, the back of it, or it was still sheathed.

Whatever the case, those crooks got reminder about the occupational hazards associated with burglary. :D

5. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

I know of some burglars in Colorado who weren't so lucky. Long story short, they broke into a battoujutsu master's house, and they started to attack his wife. After cutting them both in half, in one motion, he called the police.

6. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

7. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

Nope. This happened in the late seventies, and, coincidentally, neither burglar had a family to speak of. Also, since it was self defense, and the old man never bothered anyone (he was actually a productive member of society), no charges were brought against him.

Our Host!