Tech Boots or maybe Necklace

Discussion in 'Module Discussion' started by Darkform, May 19, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

Forget about DX and focus on the speed. There're too many bonuses from raising DX in comparison to speed.

2. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    I want high-powered chems that grant the user insane strength, speed and willpower with a risk of addiction.

Oh, that wasn't the topic. Erhm...

An amulet of light would be feasible. It would leave your hands and head open to more useful stuff without sacrificing the benefits of proper illumination and at least make something good out of an inventory slot that's otherwise useless for technologists.

If it's scriptable though, I want amulets that work as stimpacks and amulets that work as remote controls that give bonuses to automatons and arachnids.

3. wastelandhero

wastelandhero New Member

You can tell he's a Fallout fan. :thumbup: :thumbup:

4. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

I'd like Jet. ^_^ We should add that into the game. :p

5. wastelandhero

wastelandhero New Member

Could a schematic be made to combine an electric light with a necklace or the leather straps to make a hands free version. Kind of like the miner's helmet but it wouldn't sacrifice AC or DR to acheive better light.

6. team a

team a New Member

Does speed affect the number of actions you can perform per turn in turn-based? I never use turn based, so I don't know.

As for extending arms... I don't think this would make pick pocketing easier, but harder, as they'd be clumsy. I don't know what kind of technological device would make someone not notice your hands in their pockets. And for magnets, it would be hard to find out if something is metal, or if it is a key, as pickpocketing takes place using an interface command. Lockpicking is easily moddable, however, and I'm surprised there haven't been more suggestions.

7. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

Speed affect your number of actions per round, yes.

The extendable arm would make it possible to pickpocket someone without standing next to them. Not necessarily godlike, but then everything doesn't have to be disgustingly good, does it?

8. team a

team a New Member

Considering that people like DBT have only recently had success in understanding Arcanum's code, it seems pretty unlikely that you could make someone pickpocket from anywhere besides right next to them. There just aren't scripting commands for it.

It would be nice to see more items added, especially with some quality art. rroyo might even add it to A:WIP, but then, rroyo is also the person here who is most likely to add new items.

Our Host!