Team Building?

Discussion in 'Modding and Scripting Support' started by Silvio-Arjunza, Oct 6, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Silvio-Arjunza

Silvio-Arjunza New Member

I recently gave up on Thorn's World, but I've come up with an idea... Thorn's World is too much work for one person.... so why don't we rename it, and get a group of ppl working on it? I've currently got ideas for 13 different towns (I think), swamps, and such.... so if any of you would be willing to look over all my ideas and revise them with me, post here, and say so... I'd love to get this mod built.... it'd be good for Arc to have a well-built, well-designed large scale mod (no offense Chris). I have thought up most of the major ideas, and have put working into the minor ones... so... any volunteers?

2. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

3. Luck

Luck New Member

Ah, the old artist's dilemma... retain creative control at the risk of being buried in work? Or join a team at the risk of seeing your project changed from your vision?

Anyways, I've got my own major untaking... um, being undertaken. Any knowledge I may have that would be of use is of course at your disposal. Modders got to stick together.

(And now for something completely different...)

Hey Dark Underlord! Did you get my email I sent to your hotmail account? I'd love to get some of the info you have on your resources page... I've googled for it, and cannot find much of it anywhere else. Sadly, your links are broken. Might I get those files by email or ftp, if you don't want them on your website no' mo'?

(We now resume our regular scheduled message.)

Peace,
    Luck

4. DarkUnderlord

5. Luck

Luck New Member

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

7. Silvio-Arjunza

Thanks Luck, Thanks DU, and I don't really mind having my ideas changed, just so long as they stay along the same lines as the ones I made.... and I don't have tyme to check out that site now, but I will, thanks.

8. Silvio-Arjunza

that Black Out Mod's is a cool idea, but I was thinking getting some forum members to assist with the building of KoL (Kingdom of Lizards)

9. stormwell55

stormwell55 New Member

I'll join your team, I'll even do the maps.

Seriously.

Anyway I'm working on my module SteamEarth, its coming along kinda slowly.

10. Silvio-Arjunza

alright.. that's kool... email me, I'm not going to be posting anywhere but this section of the board anymore... as it is the only forum over which Jar doesn't have mod powers, so I don't have to worry about him fucking with my posts... but anyway! it'd be kool to get some help on this... if I can get any of it done I'd be impressed... lemme dig up all the data I've written... and I can email it to you and anyone else interested... (this mod will be bigger than Arcanum it self) I've got a list of 13 cities, random encounters, quest ideas... now I just need to see what should go, what should stay, and then start building it....

11. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

id love to.

12. Silvio-Arjunza

Storm, were you interested in helping out? if so email me, I'm gonna dig up all the ideas I had for this mod, and post'em in a thread here...

13. Xz

14. Spaminister

Spaminister New Member

Storm, how goes SteamEarth? I haven't heard from you in quite awhile... oh, and I believe XZ is quite bent on having you make most our maps since you offered to help us... but I think a deal can be made between the three of us when we get to map making... we aren't quite there yet.

15. stormwell55

stormwell55 New Member

Haven't made much progress on it, Ill over the past week.

16. Sinbad

Sinbad New Member

Sorry to hear that Storm. I'm looking forward to SteamEarth because I and my daughter are major Pratchett fans. Hope you get well soon and good luck with the mod. :thumbup:

Are you guys interested in doing any of the kind of graphics stuff that Chris has been doing in his mod? I might be able to help out with some of that kind of thing sometime in the future if a project I'm working on pans out.

17. Xz

18. DarkUnderlord

From mid-October to start-November?

That's not gravedigging.

19. Xz

hey, i ment it in a nice way DUit brought back the link to my forum....

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That'd be cool Sinbad, what's your project, and how goes it? if you wanna email me barrow my email out of one of the many threads I've posted it in, or go into the vault of folly, and click on the username "Silvio Arjunza" . this is interesting... I just realized that since I'm not using an actual account, Jar can't ban me.

Our Host!