Teaching Schematics To Party Members

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Spiffy, Dec 18, 2007.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Spiffy

Spiffy Member

I can't figure out how to do it. I have a few smithy schematics that I really want to give to Magnus, but I don't know how to :-(

Anyone please help? Thank you :)

2. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    You can't.

Essence of Intellect + a fortune spent on smithy manuals = do it yourself.

3. Spiffy

Spiffy Member

4. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

On the other hand it has it's benifits, the best stuff is left for yourself. If you will really want to have fun with technology you will learn it yourself anyway, cos' followers never get above 4 schematics in a school.
    Also, essence of intellect isn't needed for composing things from found schematics, the need of intelligence is only for the one you learn via character points, even if your MA is 100 and intelligence like 8, if you have the manuals and engrediants, you can menage it.

5. GrimmHatter

GrimmHatter Active Member

6. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Does that mean you unify with Spiffy in that opinion?
    Since I realised, that followers won't be able to do items from learned schematics bether than you anyway (cos' if you don't have the ingredients there's no use for the schamatic, no matter who knows it, and when you got the ingredients you can always do it by just buying manuals) I didn't ever complain about that. You don't lose anything, so it's not that lame.

7. Spiffy

Spiffy Member

Whenever I try to make stuff from the schematics that I learned and I have all the ingredients, it says I don't have the knowledge to make that or something :???:

8. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Yes, but you don't need the science title, just the points in a tech discipline. And those can be temporary gained by having enough of tech manuals from Tarant in your inventory at the moment. So it's not a matter of skill, but a matter of money, but that isn't really a problem in Arcanum.

9. Spiffy

Spiffy Member

10. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

On University Court 24 in Tarant (west of Bates Mansion, first building on Tarant's map from the upper side) there are four people - a gnome (halfing?) phrenologist, an elf scentist talking about the pagan gods and Mazzerin's Mystery, a human demonologist and in the same room there's a dwarf who sells tech manuals useful for using found schamatics when lacking skill.

11. Spiffy

Spiffy Member

Our Host!