TDZK

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Notharah, Aug 31, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Notharah

Notharah New Member

anyone been here so far??? it's really addictive and me/ ferret/ maniac and others play it.... it's a huge multi-player game on-line (about 7000+ people registered)

http://www.tdzk.com/

so.... anyone ever heard of it?! if not... play it... it's great!! I recommend it.

say Milo.... I think you might play it as I saw your name on the TDZK forum...
    if so... are you in an alliance???

2. Rat Keeng

Rat Keeng New Member

Very well. Yay, i shall heed thy call and register before thy suggested service.

3. Milo

Milo New Member

No, that's not me. Ferret asked me the same thing. It's a different Milo.

TDZK sounds interesting to me, though. I'll have a look at the site. If it's free, then I'll give it a try. Maybe we can start a TA alliance.

4. Sheriff Fatman

Sheriff Fatman Active Member

Let me know how things go. I'll jump in if it's a happening thang with you cats. Pardon my seventiese.

5. Ferret

Ferret New Member

I'm already heading an Aozos Alliance, but if you want to create an alliance of your own, then give us a message, and we'll get a Planetary Non-Aggression Pact going (only type of treaty we've got left :D ).

We can also share Alliance forums so we can discuss things and give you advice if you need it. And money maybe - we've got nearly 3 billion credits in our alliance account now! :razz:

6. Etalis Craftlord

Etalis Craftlord New Member

7. Ferret

Ferret New Member

Put it this way...

You start the game in a 1 million credit Frigate, with about 500,000 credits at your disposal.

At best, you can make 10 million credits on a trade or resource run, but you won't get much EXP for it because of the EXP/profit trade-off.

We now have:

2,834,398,077 credits in our Alliance account, and I've got 650 million in my own account.

A decent ship will actually cost you about 3 billion credits, but is only worth it when you are level 25 plus, or you will just be blown out of the vacuum, thus losing a lot of credits.

A ship of 'hunter' or port-raiding standard will set you back around 7 billion credits.

So, all in all, it's not too bad, no.

But then we did get help from the Rogue Kitaran Fleet. (2 billion credits worth of help to be exact! :D )

Whilst we can't offer you that much, we can offer a small amount of money, and free advice.

8. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

\/\/00+! I just signed up. I've got no idea what this is or how it all works, but now I'm just waiting for my password to arrive in the mail before I can log-in and check it all out. $10 says it doesn't work through the firewall at work.

By the way, I'm a Zall... us/un/I forgot what race I am. It started with a Z and apparently they have big slow ships. I like being a big, slow moving target.

EDIT: Inadvertently I deleted my password with all the spam.

EDIT 2: It this entire thing php based? WOOHOO!!! IF IT IS! IT WORKS AT WORK! I'M GONNA PLAY ALL DAY LONG!!! AHAHAHAHHA!!!!¹

EDIT 3: Wow. Seems everyone's a Zallun. Great choice. One with the crowd.

EDIT 4: Well, so far don't know what I'm doing, but I've got 1,000,000 credits after going back and forth selling ore.

EDIT 5: Okay, so buying a freighter with no gathering capabilites was a stupid idea. Oh well, you live and learn.

¹Sorry.

Captain's Log - Entry 6: Seems everyone is a Zallus because all Zallus n00bs start at the same port. Decided to sell stupid freighter and buy old frigate back. Hmmm.... Must work out how to sell everything without having to sell item, undock, redock, sell another item. I believe my inexperience as a captain of this vessel is hindering my performance in this aspect.

Captain's Log - Entry 7: Seems my stupid decision to buy a freighter was a really, really, really, really dumb idea. Seems I now lack the funds to purchase a frigate. Must work out how to resolve this unfortunate situation.

Captain's Log - Entry 8: Have decided to check forums for possible solution to my problem. In the mean time, will aimlessly journey around sectors.

Captain's Log - Entry 9: HAHA! In my wanderings I dscovered the HMS Nottingham. I wonder if it's a British Captain who easily finds and hits rocks? No progress in resolving my situation.

Captain's Log - Entry 10: VICTORY!!! *Captain does the Mega-Happy Dance of Joy-Joy*. In my journeys I discovered a port that sold ore dirt cheap! Bought some, ferried it back home. Insta-Millionaire again! MUUAHAHAHH!! *runs off to see if it works again*

Captain's Log - Entry 11: After several runs back and forth of selling various cargos, I now find myself wondering what the "turns 98" thingy means. It keeps decreasing. I believe that this is not a good thing. I hope to try attacking another vessel before I run out of time, if that's what happens.

Captain's Log - Entry 12: After my own meanderings around, I am interested in following up Ferret's or Notharah's offer to check out their alliance.

Captain's Log - Entry 13: Receieved a transmission from someone as follow:
    -------- BEGIN TRANSMISSION ---------------
    This in an invitation to join IcE-CoLd

I was wondering if you would be interested in joining, I would be willing to pay you $3 Million credits to join.

Please let me know your answer.

Thankx
    ~Henk~
    ---------- END TRANSMISSION ----------

Have replied as follows:

-------- BEGIN TRANSMISSION ---------------
    Thank you for your offer to join your alliance. Unfortunately, at this point in time I would prefer to wander around space aimlessly without a cause, as such I decline your offer for the time being.

DarkUnderlord
    -------------------
    Moo... Moo... I'm an Interplay Cow
    ---------- END TRANSMISSION ----------

Am hoping to hell that this doesn't make him/whoever it was, attack my sorry cow hide.

Captain's Log - Entry 14: Sent a transmission to Ferret asking various questions. Also had to log out and log back in because I ran out of turns. Seems I only get 16 turns now, as opposed to the 400+ I had before. Most unfortunate as this will limit my hours of play :(

9. Notharah

Notharah New Member

My suggestion if you run out of turns... is simply start over... (not as zallun... bad trading). 'Cause you should have gotten the hang of the whole thing by now.... then just find really good trading routes and buy cargo hold-upgrades for it (easilly founf in sector 8207) First only buy cargo hold upgrades and when you've ammassed quite a lot of money go for the other things... but always move fast and preferably have some scout drones as to see hunters more easily...
    Never hang around outside of a port or port/station as many hunters hang out on those spots... waiting for a non-newbie who they can easily overcome.

Always deposit your casg after about 20 million (preferably sooner) 'cause it would be a shame loosing that much.

Always Have SOME money on your acount as it is very annoying to get killed having nearly nothing... and we prefer to stack up the alliance funds rather than to keep spending it on members...

Once you've gotten to about level 20-25 start thinking about a combat ship... before that period it's futile as Ferret mentioned.

It would be nice if quite a few TA's started playing and formed an TA alliance so we could co-operate... But you can still easily join the Aozos alliance.

Anyways.. I'm level 13 now and still trading... so I hope to see you there...

and yes Milo... it is a free game

10. Ferret

Ferret New Member

I already messaged him a massive message ingame.

11. Notharah

Notharah New Member

yeah but this is for anyone who plays.... and for anyone from TA who might go and play it......

AND DO SO PEOPLE!!! IT'S GREAT!!! SERIOUSLY.... FRIGGIN' ADDICTIVE...!!!

AND DON'T MIND THE KAPITALS!!!!! (rofl :wink: )

12. DarkUnderlord

*starts chanting*
    Join! Join! Join!

Sheriff! You could come in and wander around in your ship "The All Knowing Ass". It's great fun this game is. At long last, something to occupy my time with.

Massive is good. Hopefully it contains lots of useful¹ information.

¹Anything that I can use to earn some mega-bucks.

13. Ct0fDiscord

Ct0fDiscord New Member

Some guy invited me to his alliance. Either because he likes the sex pistols, mr. coffee machines, or just chose me at random.

But if there is a TA alliance, I'll join up as soon as somebody in it gets a planet we can all use =]

14. Milo

Milo New Member

Let's do this.

How many people here would join a TA Alliance (or subgroup within their own alliance, I guess)? I don't know how to play at all, and I'm still not sure what this game is all about, but I'll give it a go.

15. DarkUnderlord

Welcome to the club Milo! I still don't really know what I'm doing.

16. Sheriff Fatman

I'll join. I'll sign up today, if I can get around to it. Do I need to pick specific starting position options to keep an alliance a possibility?

17. Ferret

Ferret New Member

If you don't want to start your own alliance, then feel free to join my Aozos Alliance (actually, DU pointed out that it's ranked quite high now....).

The password is LydiaElf (case sensitive).

If you are going to start your own alliance - just contact me and I'll give you as much help as I can in sorting it out/running it. Actually, it's not that hard - just takes a bit of getting used to.

If and when you do create your own alliance, then we'll gladly get an Non-Aggression Pact (NAP) going with you!

BTW - planets are very scarce, as you have to conquor them. As a result, nearly all the planets are own by aggressive, paranoid scum, who like to chew on NEWBIES for breakfast, and won't let anyone join in their alliance. It's best to stay away from those Alliances and please check before you land on a planet because there are some alliances out there that invite you in, but have secretly set their planetary defences to detroy any ship trying to land!

18. Sheriff Fatman

Oh oh, it sounds like a hostile universe. Now, where did I put that plasma cannon ...?

19. Notharah

Notharah New Member

*sees the ground base of the hostile planet laught at the plasma canon... and fire tons of bombs towards the attacker*
    It's going to take a WHOLE deal of leveling up and ammassing power to get your own planet

20. Sheriff Fatman

Hmm ... looks like I might need my plasma cannon AND my tough guy cheroot.

Milo, you going to play? I was on the verge of registering today, but couldn't decide on a race, because I'm not sure whether it affects our ability to ally.

Our Host!