System Shock 2 - Not for everyone

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jarinor, Feb 6, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Okay guys, if you have SS2 and are interested in some co-op goodness, then this is the damn thread for you!

Play with T-A forum legends such as...um, alright, play with regulars who want to have some awesome sessions of SS2 multiplayer soon.

Let's try organise some games in this thread. This thread, ideally, is to be used only to organise games of SS2 (if it will actually work over the internet, which I hope it will). If someone uses this thread for another purpose, I will bring down much chastisement and pain on such persons. You have been warned :smile:.

2. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

I'd like to play SS2. I want be Shodan :smile:

3. Tidus

Tidus New Member

SS2 Rocks
    i never done co-op mode shame everyone dies in the end (on the ship)

4. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

What is coop mode like? Is it a group of players followeing the whole main plot or just some missions?

5. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

Count me in. I will just have to borrow the game from my brother.

6. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

You have just wrecked the game for me :sad:.

Dragoon, co-op is up to four players following the main plot. Hence, with four players, you could have a pretty balanced party, so to speak.

7. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

Well then count me out - too much time to spend on-line :sad: Damn, it must be LOTS of fun.

8. Milo

Milo New Member

Sounds good! Let's try to set something up for tomorrow.

I would have been available today, but my electricity cut off, leaving me powerless for almost the whole day.

9. Zen

Zen New Member

I have SS2, but I don`t play for two reasons:

- It`s too bloody scary! Yes, I``ve handed in my penis to the proper authoroties.

- I hate the "badasses spawn out of everywhere, even if you`ve blown every last one to smithereens, when you set off the alarm."!

- Zen

10. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

You dare to offense SS2 - shame on you :smile: Though I have to admit that this game is scary like hell. Also when I bought it I got Aliens vs Predator 1 which is also quite scary so it was from one nightmare into another for me :smile:

11. Milo

Milo New Member

I agree with the scary bit. I wasn't expecting this game to be as freaky as it is.

That groan of Hybrids attacking you from behind damn near made me piss my pants the first time I played. Alot of the "freakiness" of the game seems centered around the sounds. I was pleasantly surprised at the quality in that respect.

Anyway, it looks like I won't be doing much multiplayer (or IRC) today. My fucking connection keeps dropping out every few minutes. In fact, I should probably save this post to the clipboard, since the first time I tried to submit this, it got eaten when my connection flaked out.

12. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

I have to agree with Zen there. One thing I hate about some gamers. They don't see that major flaws of games. I mean, guys, get a grip! The game is good, but come on! The spawning out of nowhere really pissed me off. The graphics are "edgy" and work at a at a measly max of 1280x1024 IIRC. And, the engine is undercoded a bit. The same with civ, but with civ it is alot worse, the game borders at "sucking" IMO.

13. YeaYea2001

YeaYea2001 New Member

I wasnt even aware that SS2 had a multiplayer. But it DOES rock

14. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

Come on Jinxed, spawning is stupid but it’s present in all (or almost all) FPP games. Also it would be even worse if there were no consequences to the fact that you trigger an alarm. As for graphics 1280x1024 is still very high and this isn’t a new game so no wonder it doesn’t look like RtCW. As for engine being undercoded I must say I personally had no problems with the game ie. no crashes, no graphic glitches etc.

15. Zen

Zen New Member

If you killed every one off you should`t have to bother with the alarms...

...Deus ex!!!

- Zen

16. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

True but in Deus Ex you were fighting only people and in SS2 it’s a living colony which probably has means of creating new organisms. I do realize that still a question remains how they would get to the area you’re in if it’s separated from the rest of the ship and you’re working on making a way. So far RtCW has this issue solved in a good way – you can simply state whether you want spawning and if so at what rate it should occur.

17. Tidus

Tidus New Member

Errrm

Sorry for that i think some guys are left at the end im not going to say annymore :smile:

i played co-op deus ex but havent tryed ss2 co-op for annyone that has when you pick up weapons in co-op mode do they disapear or stay for outher players to pick up ?

18. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

Well if IRC, the baddies you had to go against when the alarm was sounded, were the humanoid mutated bad guys. These needs human hosts. I understand that the colony had an abundance in people, but a limit should exist.
    As for the engine, there is a little problem. It doesn't matter what computer you have, the game will always run a little jerky. It bothered me. But, that's just me.

19. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Jinxed, do you actually like any games? I mean, you bitch endlessly about every single game I've ever heard you talk about. Also, with the patch you can turn spawning way down.

As for you claim that it doesn't run well on any system - I beg to differ. It runs great on my system, with no problems whatsoever. I have a 900 Thunderbird, a GeForce 2 GTS, 256 RAM, and a few other goodies, and it runs just great. It's not my fault that you set god-like standards that no computer for at least a year can match - and by the time that computer comes around, your standards have risen even higher.

20. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

Jar, I liked Fallout. And the old time games, ie Prince of Persia or The Curse of Monkey Island. In the old days, there were no bugs. The ideas were fresh so every other game was cool. I played games like Eye of the Beholder II, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis or Betreyal at Krondor a very, very long time. The only games that interest me now except rpg's are survival hororrs. Those are only for consoles.

Our Host!