Superman is dead

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bryant1380, Oct 11, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

Deragotry statements about my appearance in a picture, and my girlfriend's looks are caring arguments?

Sigurd. Fuck off, go back to your world of flaunting your poorly developed sense of masculinity. Demonize me all you want, because apparently I'm a "liberal," I'm a "hippy," and somehow I'm also a pretty boy. I don't have enough time to expand on this, I'm off to a sale at old navy, and then to my job at the coffee shop, quoting jack kerouac and slinging espresso, and talking down to people like you. May be I'll steal someone's lunch money while burning an american flag.

Retard, sorry I blew up. Real life stress about religion influenced my comments. I can't help but be offended, but I understand where you're coming from. If I said something about "I hope he's found peace in the unconscious oblivion of nonexistence" I'd imagine it would offend you as well.

Rosie, from my point of view agnosticism is th perfect thing for me. It is not because I have no desire to commit to either philosophy, but because the neutrality, and acceptance of my own other-worldly ignorance is what I hold onto. I'm not an atheist, and I don't believe in secular religion. As far as I'm concerned, I'm going to live my life doing what I need to do, because I'm compelled to do it due to my own convictions and sense of morality. Ever since I made that decision I've felt the stress of questioning Catholicism has been lifted (because I don't consider myself catholic anymore) but I also dont feel like I'm clinging to the nihilistic oblivion of atheism. Whatever happens, happens, and if I can live by my own convictions, and morals, I'll die fulfilled and ready to deal with the consequences, or rewards, or vacuum.

2. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    I intend to die in combat. I've really thinked this one through. At old age, I'm going to go berserk at the retirement home, hopefully killing some of the other elderly, eventually causing to my own death because people will violently try to stop my then frail body from causing more harm, or I'll just die out of the strain. Anyway, the important part is that the society will be saved tons of money because it won't have to spend money on us care-consuming old ones, and all of us will go to Valhall for dying in battle. Can't get much better, can it?

3. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

I can't imagine it could get any better than that, no. I'm converted, what should we call our religion?

4. mathboy

mathboy New Member

It's basically Asatro (worship of the Aesirs(Viking mythology)) except that killing your old friends part, I'll join you too, but first I'll grow my pubic hair by sitting nude.

5. Dark Elf

Media:
    I call it Fornsed, which is a more proper name. The name "Asatro" didn't occur until the 1800's, I think.

6. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

7. mathboy

mathboy New Member

Where did you learn everything about it? You seem to know everything, I'll put you on my list of idols together with Sleek, who recommends good music, and my math teacher who also knows everything.

8. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

9. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Man, I don't have any cool religion to adhere to. The Catholics don't have magic and I'm not Nordic enough to go to Valhalla. This blows.

On the other hand, apparently my grandfather's uncle (what's that, great-great uncle?) is up for sainthood or something. I'm pretty sure he's been beatified at least. I know there's something like 10000 people who have been beatified total, but still, that's over the last 2000 years total, so being related that closely to one is pretty cool I think.

10. Dark Elf

Media:
    Just wait, soon there'll be a St. Jarinor's day in the Catholic calendar - the day you shall honour by being snide. Possibly celebrated together with St. Cliff's day.

11. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

I think the catholic church just wants a saint for every name in the big book of baby names.

12. SilverKing

SilverKing New Member

I have two questions...
    1.How did I manage to get my account re-activated? was this intentional? if so, thanks... but why? if not than you have an error to fix.
    2.I found a website talking about Christopher Reeves (Earth's Biggest Movie Database), and at the top it says that he was born on September 25th, 1952. But then, in the list of his filmography, at the very bottom it says he was in "Love of Life" in 1951, so my question is, how can he star in it before he's born?

13. Phadech

Phadech New Member

What's there to say? Must be a typo, like yours.

And have you been constantly checking your account?

14. Snowmane

Snowmane New Member

Wait, who's Silverking? And why has he been banished? People.... let's try to be peaceful around here, I really do despise flame wars. Unless their kinda funny like when Q went on a rampage and Jinxor banned him.

15. mathboy

mathboy New Member

16. xento

xento New Member

Alas, the Blade of Cold Irony strikes once again. I never realised that the regulars here had any tolerance, or a competent opinion, for that matter.

As far as our dearly departed friend Chris goes, I really don't give two shits either way. It's not like there aren't pleantly of other people who are dying from just as bad (or worse) causes, and one less actor in this world won't cause any dark ages.

17. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Silver king is one of matts two dozen or so alias. The feds must really be having a bitch of a time keeping up with all your identities.

18. Snowmane

Snowmane New Member

I don't really understand this, nor do I find it ironic.

19. mrnobodie

mrnobodie New Member

And just how does one find whether an opinion has a definable competency?.

20. xento

xento New Member

Common sense.

Snowmane, I meant that it was ironic that the regulars here were crying for tolerance, when, as far back as I can remember, all they've done is be intolerant.

Our Host!