Suggestion: Transparent Logo

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by friend_al_23, Sep 27, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

You know, this thread WAS a year old...

Seeing as you dug it up though, truth be told, I never really liked that logo up the top of the forums. I don't see how the space themed thing quite fit with Terra Arcanum or a House of Lords. If only we had someone with a bit of graphics skills to redo it and come up with something that kind of fits the front page... :)

2. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

Its not really a space theme... its a fireball/gear in front of a planet which in my mind fits in with the magick/tech conflict of arcanum. The name "House of Lords" always makes meenvision an especially creepy gay bar however...

3. Silvara

Silvara New Member

Yes, but the planet with the moon looks more like Earth than anything else. Perhaps you should keep the flaming gear and the "House of Lords" title but change the planet for a map of Arcanum, or something of the sort.

4. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

yeah, and on second thought, i think the highly visible Andes Mountain Range kind of kills the whole arcanum theme. :lol:

perhaps the strangely cubic continent of arcanum WOUL be more appropriate... :razz:

5. xento

xento New Member

I think the planet looks alright, except for that the mountains are too sharp, and the river visible to the West of the mountains is far too wide. Heck, it sticks out kind of like the Vendigroth Wastes.

Where is that beam coming from, anyway? Caladon?

I agree that there should be a large fireball/gear replacing the planet/moon.

6. monkeypunch

monkeypunch New Member

what river?

more memory archives exlpored.
    I think I made that logo before we had a firm grasp on the layout of the continent, and just the tarant area - and it's upside down...

the logo was much bigger at first (x3 or so) and not rotated vertically, as it is now - that being a quick fix from the old pre phpBB forum, to this forum - as for the space feel - well we (that might read I) wanted something black, so I made black to be what surrounded it - thus the planet.

This is not really a defence, there being lots of problems with the logo, like the ugly gear, the ugly flames, the bad text, horrible moon etc - so feel free if you can top it, to do just that.

7. monkeypunch

monkeypunch New Member

and not to promise nothing, but if I do feel like making a theme for a forum this one will be on my mind - and perhaps a logo as well, if so, if it goes at all.

still welcoming others of course.

8. xento

xento New Member

I personally think that the fireball/gear looks great. I love how the gear looks corroded/rusted, and how the fireball looks like flowing lava. :thumbup:

Our Host!