Sudden Death Steampunk Superfriends

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Forum' started by ytzk, Feb 1, 2013.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Arthgon

Arthgon Well-Known Member

After searching the suspect for concealed weapons, Sam handcuffed the unconscious assassin's wrists to a strong chair and to make sure that the villain would not escape to warn the others he tied the legs with some rope as well. As the man finally woke up, Sam started to interrogate him with the usual procedure that was usual in the Victorian Times. Not THAT very subtle.

Give us the names of the assassins' guild members who are in London and what are their plans? Come on. Speak up.

Tim, acting like a good cop tried the more friendly approach. "Are you sure that you do not want to talk? It could help you. Perhaps it is enough to prevent from leaping at the daisy."

*Persuade (5)

(You are right. Sorry.)

2. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

*Sam Knight Persuade = 4/5.

You sense the man's resolve is weakening, but his English is terrible and he's clearly a tough nut to crack. Perhaps a less anglo 'good cop' may lever some information (Abbas).

*Your move, Yuki. You have about 12.5 hours remaining to take your turn.

*In the future, can everyone list the skill they wish to employ - if any - at the bottom of the relevant post and your PC's level in that skill, in this case Persuade(5). Thanks!

3. Yuki

Yuki Well-Known Member

Leave it to me.

Abbas proceeds to start beating the man senseless, all the while yelling obscenities and questions at him in various languages, especially pertaining to the whereabouts of his comrades.

With any luck, the man is from the lands of the old Mughal Empire and as such is required to know Arabic.

*Persuasion(3)

4. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

*Abbas persuade 3/3

The man gurgles in Arabic through a broken jaw. Amongst the rambling you can make out the words, "Cambridge" and "prince-consort".

5. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

When Horace returns to the townhouse, he covers his nose with his kerchief in disgust, but when he hears the report he exclaims.

"I say! According to The Times, Prince Alfred is visiting his wayward son in Cambridge tomorrow. Good lord, it's nearly dawn already! Sam, Abbas, we need to get there right away! Jeeves, my carriage, and see to it there are cabs waiting for any of Sam's lads he can rustle up. Tally ho!"

6. Arthgon

Knowing that immediate actions should be taken, Sam quickly told the detectives* the horrible news and to get their arses into those cabs to Cambridge. (His partner Tim knew already all of this)

Those bastards are going to assassinate Prince Albert in Cambridge. Take the cabs that is pointed out by Jeeves. We should get there as quickly as we can before they do. Hurry. Godspeed.

Now that is done, Sam spoke fatherly to his partner -

Tim. Help them. Even though you a wee bit wet behind the ears, I am still confident that you are more experienced than they are. YES, I am sure that you can handle it. Do not worry, you'll know what to do.

As the detectives and Tim ran off to their cabs, Sam and others took the carriage.

* D.C. Walt Thorn D.C. Carl Alberts D.C. August Cohen and D.C. William Smith were still at the townhouse. Guarding the prominent area.

*Persuade (5)? I am not sure if this is needed.*

7. Yuki

Yuki Well-Known Member

Abbas quickly makes his way to NOIS headquarters in London, informing them of the coming attempt on the Prince Consort's life, knowing they will assist in any way possible.

He then follows the others on the way to Cambridge.

*Hey I just realized I can turn off my signature using a simple option in the reply field. Neato!

*Also NOIS is a fictional agency I made up just now, a secretive precursor to MI5 which employs Abbas.

8. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

*Good point; please also disable your signature in-game, Arthgon.

Sam, Abbas and Horace arrive at Cambridge in time for breakfast, which the latter insists upon; there are still several hours until the prince-consort is due to arrive..

The three men dine in Horace's old college, King's, as they confer on strategy and tactics.

We should each take two of Sam's men and have the rest of them on guard around the grounds... I say! I just remembered the loose bricks by the south wall... oho, we used to sneak out for drinks every thursday... ahem... So, cover all the entrances, two for each of us and the rest to line the route of His Highness, wot? These chaps are devils in a scrap, so watch each others' backs, and keep that pistol loose, Abbas! *omnomnomnomnom* The old alma mater always had such bally good grub, wot?

9. Arthgon

*Strange. I thought that it really was disabled. Now, it is. Sorry.

Sam while eating some food agreed-

Yes. That would the best solution. Tim and I shall mainly cover that entrance with the loose bricks…Just in case, that one of the assassins has knowledge of this passage. We both shall help the others if they call out for immediate help.

He took a sip from his wine and continued-

Oh. Someone should close and lock all the windows and whatnots as well. IF we do not do that, it would only make it too easy for them. What about those who work here? They'll need to get on with their work in the usually way.

*You mean precursor of the Special Branch. Established in 1883(6) to combat the Irish nationalists, particulary the Dynamiters who had struck Scotland Yard itself in 1884, nearly demolishing offices of the CID.

10. Yuki

Yuki Well-Known Member

I shall inform the Prince personally once he arrives, and not leave his side until the culprits have been apprehended. If all goes well, you gentlemen will handle it and His Royal Highness won't even have to see any assassins.

He thinks for a while more.

The detectives would be better positioned assisting someone else. I will be the last line of defense.

11. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

Very good, better send a couple of chaps up to the roof of the college, too. They're as cunning as Arabs! Erm, no offense, Abbas, old bean.

The prince-consort arrives with his entourage and they are ushered by a fawning chancellor to the young princes rooms. Stationed outside, Abbas can hear muffled arguments about a scandalous young woman.

The grounds remain silent, and the guards see nothing, but Sam convinces them to stay vigilant (persuade = 3/5).

After an hour or so, Prince-Consort Albert storms out of the college and back to his waiting carriage, followed by his relieved, if disappointed bodyguards.

*Sam spot=2/4; Horace=3/5*

Did that footman seem rather odd to you, Sam? Good God! Someone check the stables; they're in the bally carriage! Come on, lads!

Horace grabs the reins of his waiting carriage and brings the team up to a gallop as Sam and Abbas leap onto the sides. The milling crew of police and royal guards scramble to follow but are soon left far behind.

The royal carriage is maintaining its lead, but Horace manages to keep apace.

12. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

Anthony was alerted of his position in a standing guard over Prince Albert while he recovered from his wounds by his ever-present butler, Edwin.

Because of this, Anthony was en route to Cambridge to meet with the Gentleman of The Pink Whistle, and arrived just in time to see Sam and Abbas grab the sides of a carriage driven by Horace as it bolted after what looked like the Prince's own.

Already wearing his steamwork armor, Anthony climbed onto the roof of his carriage after calling to his driver to catch the prince.

As his carriage caught up with the royal hostage, he called out to his three associates, saying,

Good show, lads! Be ready when I've made my move!

Ferrous Chap engaged a set of pneumatic pistons in the legs of his armor and made a leap from the roof of his drawn vehicle, which would've been more than speculative without his armor, and onto the prince's, set to take the reigns from the would-be assassin. The sudden increase in weight and the shock of lateral motion startled the horses and instantly alerted the driver of the problem at hand - the irate iron-clad bodyguard behind him.

Ferrous Chap attacks the assassin, boxing his ears : Melee 2/3 + 2 = 4 hp damage attack.

13. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

Taking the opportunity, Horace bullies his team of horses into a slather, drawing up alongside the hijacked, royal carriage at full gallop.

TALLY HO!

14. Arthgon

Sam held the side of the carriage very tight and spoke-

We ought to distract the would-be assassin to give Anthony the chance to win the fight.

By looking at the carriage Sam knew that there is no way to have more people than two on that roof. But who knows how Abbas will do. (Not himself. He is not THAT agile) If given the opportunity.

Another option is to somehow block the Prince's carriage passages, so the only way it can go is back to Cambridge. However, it needs to be done subtle. For the horses should not get panicked. Yes?

15. Yuki

Yuki Well-Known Member

Briefly considering his options, Abbas draws his revolver, steadying himself before taking a careful (considering the circumstances) shot at Anthony's foe.

*Firearms(5)

16. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

*Abbas firearms 4/5= success!

The assassin's head snaps back as the shot pierces his eyeball, killing him instantly.

The royal team of horses keeps to a mad gallop, however, spooked by the noise and by the machined monstrosity on the carriage behind them.

From inside, another assassin somersaults neatly onto the roof, confronting Ferrous Chap.

17. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

Ferrous Chap faces the second assassin on the now runaway chariot, intent on neutralizing the threat to the queen's consort.

Ferrous Chap attacks the assassin with his balanced sword : Melee 3/3 (+2)

18. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

*Assassin ducks (dodge = 2/5) and takes 5-2=3HP damage (2HP remaining).

He turns the duck into a spin kick at Ferrous Chap's ankles (Melee = 2/5-2 = 0) and fails!

Meanwhile, Horace masterfully steers his carriage alongside that of the prince-consort and keeps the two exactly alligned, within a foot of each other. (Melee=5/5)

TALLY HO!

19. Arthgon

Worried that the panicked horses will crash the carriage and heavily wound (or worse, killing) the prince-consort and Anthony, Sam finally got the right opportunity to take over the reins and if it is needed to protect Anthony's back against more assassins.

Horance! Try to keep the carriage steady NEXT to the Royal Carriage. Abbas! Keep the assassins busy while I am trying to take over the reins, before the carriage will crash and injuring or kill the prince AND Anthony. Yes. I will cover Anthony's back on there as well against more of those bastards with my trusty heavy life-preserver.

Sam jumped on the carriage (rather ungraciously (sp?) and struggled to grab the reins. After some minutes (that felt as hours) he finally got them. While eying for helping Anthony (if it is needed) he tries to stop the horses and get back to Cambridge.

20. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

*Sam crosses to the runaway coach easily, grabs the reins and attempts to stop the horses. Melee=0/5=fail!

The horses buck and bleed at the bit but show no signs of slowing; they continue to gallop out of control, their iron-shod hooves sending up sparks from the granite cobbles.

Our Host!