Stupid mage

Discussion in 'Modding and Scripting Support' started by Xz, Oct 31, 2012.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

I want to play through the game as a stupid mage. However since the stupid dialogue requires less than IN 5, and learning a spell requires at least IN 5, this seems impossible. Is there a way to lower the minimum IN for magic? Raising the IN for stupid conversation isn't too hard, but would be too much work.

So far I've found the following line in charedit.mes "{26}{You must raise your Intelligence first.}", in my attempt to lower the min for magic, but I can't find what that 26 corresponds to, which leads me to suspect it may be hard coded.

2. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Dumb dialogues are hardcoded for backgrounds referring to effect number 336 (default: Idiot Savant), 349 (default: Frankenstein Monster) and 350 (default: Bride of Frankenstein) in effect.mes, why not take advantage of that.

Easy route, you could play your mage with any of those backgrounds. Alternatively, you could substitute the background rules (backgrnd.mes), description (gameback.mes) and effects (effect.mes) of any of the three mentioned above with those of the background you'd like to choose and take that one for your character. As a result, you would have your background of choice with permanent dumb dialogue as a bonus.

3. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

Thank you, Muro. That's a perfect solution actually.

Our Host!