Stuck in the middle with Nasrudin (spoiler?)

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by Bunny, Nov 14, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!

Is it better to play with a male or a female character?

1. Male

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Female

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Bunny

Bunny New Member

OK, I have this background, Frankenstein's Bride, and playing with it was really harsh, because you're not dumb but you have the dumb dialogue thing. The thing is: I get to Nasrudin's Resting Place and we talk to the old chap and he admits that he is Nasrudin, but the only dialogue option I get is "Buhbye" or something like that. And there's nothing I can do to trigger another dialogue, it always ends there.
    My question is: could I have made some mistake before and I... ruined... the rest of the story or is it just like that, that when you have a dumb dialogue option or when you're dumb you can't finish the game?
    Answers, please!

2. Sinbad

Sinbad New Member

I'm not certain about this, but there are certain dialogs that just plain won't let you get quests or find out anything useful if you have either a low intelligence or use the dumb-dialogs. This may be one of them.

Without actually going into that dialog with a dialog editor and following it I can't be certain, but you can do that yourself if you want to find out. Just download a few modding tools, use DJ_Unique's Script Editor and choose load an official script, then find the script for Nasrudin so you know what the number is for his dialog file. Unpack the dialog file from the appropriate DAT file. Use Zammy's Dialog Editor to open the dialog file and follow the course of the dialog to see what happens. It may sound complicated, but all it takes is a little time, lots and lots of patience and some practice. :)

3. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

They shouldn't have done that on the main quest though... Are you 1074ed?

4. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

Prior to 1074 I couldn't finish the game with the dumb dialogue, once I got it the problem went away.

Our Host!