Stuck Again

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Zubbus, Oct 8, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Zubbus

Zubbus New Member

1) The mayor of Blackroot want me to beat up some theives for him, but I looked all round the city and couldn't find them (yeah, I probably didn't look very well, but it's not about that right now...)

2) The dodge master has turned hostile on me, (cos I went near him without purity of water, what the...?) what can I do to pacify him, or is this game screwed as far as learning dodge master is concerned?

3) I went to the location where that throwing star thing is, killed a spieder thing but I can't get a across to it's dead body. Is that wher the star is? How am I supposed to get it?

4) I'm trying to find Caladon(or is it Quitarra?), the elf in Still Water said something about some giant. Rumor has it that I should talk to someone else in the village, where the hell is that guy?

Thanks again

2. Luchaire

Luchaire New Member

1. North of the train. Follow the path leading across the river.
    2. I think you're screwed.
    3. Dunno - never did that quest.
    4. He's kinda on the edge of town IIRC. It's been awhile, but I think if you follow the path that goes behind the blacksmith's it will eventually lead you to the guy. Look for a house with a bunch of cage-type trap-looking things laying around...

3. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

3. That's one fucked up quest if you ask me. Beyond a strap of water there are three colums with fire. Throw/shoot something (it's good to have a bumerang here) and they'll teleport you. I don't remember which one you have to shoot to teleport to a place from which you'll be able to advance further. When you find out just run through a lot of corridors, destroy other fires to teleport again and again and again and ag.. sorry and fianlly you'll be at a chamber with unreachable enemies coming from four sides. To kill them throw/shoot at them. After all this there should be a chest with the Star you seek. It's the worst mastery quest imo.

4. You'll end up buying/stealing/persuading H.T. Parnell in Tarant to give you his fake one anyway. Though you can meet the real giant later on.

4. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

Try going back with DX 18 & 5 points in dodge.

The creatures are distractions. Inamate objects are the targets. You need a ranged weapon. If guns or bows, bring LOTS of ammo. Save often.

The last house to the north east.

5. PoiuytMan

PoiuytMan New Member

That's odd. The only reasons he would go hostile are...

A) You have a very bad reaction modifier (due to being half-orc, ugly, wearing Dread Armor, or something)

B) You said something to anger him (he has a bad temper and is a little crazy), or attacked him after he punched you.

If you don't have enough dex/dodge to become a Master, he tells you to come back later; I've never had him actually attack me...

-Poiuyt Man

6. Zubbus

Zubbus New Member

Yes, his reaction strted out quite low, but I didn't do anything to make it worse.

I have talked to him before with purity of water and smoking jacket on. I forgot them when I entered the house lat time. But I'm a half elf with 10 beauty. I can outrun him anytime though. So now whenever I'm in still water, I have a blind freak on my tail.

Speaking of still water, does the gnomish wizard reappear after I rescue him?

There's a burgled houseoutside the north edge that looks like a wizard's house, but he doesn't pop there.

7. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

He never does.

Yes, that's his house.

8. Luchaire

Luchaire New Member

The ungrateful lout. I vote that we toss him to the wombats...

Our Host!