Storyline?

Discussion in 'Arcanum 2 Suggestion Forum' started by Sleek_Jeek, Jul 11, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!

Was Jesus...

1. White

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Black

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Asian

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Indian

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Arabian (Middle Eastern)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Gay

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. A Stealth Ninja

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

what would it be about? i mean, it would probably have to be completely seperate from the original's storyline, except of course for the location...

or would it? the designers could just take the concept of the whole technology vs. magick and apply it in a different setting, for example, the distant future and a certain part of the human genome is evolving psychic powers and the other half are perfecting computers and robots and artificial intelligences which rival the advanced intellects of even the most powerful psychics? what storyline possibilites would this yield? i think this is an awesome idea and i must be a genius or something but i know no one at troika will listen to me because this is my intellectual property and theyd prolly just make it a fantasy game anyway...

then again, what if it was the distant future and half of humanity was developing its small weapons tag and the other half its energyweapons tag? and what would the moral and philosophical ramifications be? and....

2. Silvio-Arjunza

Silvio-Arjunza New Member

JESUS IS GAY. that's all. I just had to point that out, and I dunno about the plot Sleek, I think Langolier's idea in my thread is a pretty good one.

3. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

Holy shit your good at gravedigging

4. Chunky944

Chunky944 New Member

To the ignorant young chap who called jesus gay...
    I would think that anyone (even one of another religion) would have the manners not to make mindless comments about anothers religeon or beliefs... i mean its just ettiquette man...

5. Lord Coldwolf

Lord Coldwolf New Member

Jesus can not be gay, we are all his brothers and sisters :)

6. ShadowKross

ShadowKross New Member

7. ShadowKross

ShadowKross New Member

8. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

You idiot, how does that mean he couldn't have been gay?

By the way... Why the fuck are you people posting in this thread? I mean, it took like 6 months for anyone to respond to it, and if all you're going to say is "Jesus couldnt have been gay, he was a hetero, because I know he wasn't gay, because he was hetero, and theres no two ways about how ungay jesus was because..." then you can suck my fat one, you friggin idiots.

Seriously, this is the most annoying gravedig I've ever seen, not only because it reminded me that no one cared about my idea enough to respond, but the way you responded is philosophically offensive to me in a way totally unrelated to the real point of the thread.

DIE.

9. Wolf

Wolf New Member

Well Sleek, I actually like your idea. The only problem I see, is neutral people woulf be left out, as mgick and tech get stronger, making neutral characters shitty.

10. Rosselli

Rosselli New Member

Somebody's a whiny bitch. How could you expect people to respond seriously to your thread when you put such a moronic, pointless, and potentially flame-able poll on the top?

11. Wolf

Wolf New Member

12. Role-Player

Role-Player New Member

I think the setting should be an evolution to what was seen in Arcanum, the events of the first game should be more of a premise than a rule. Just give players a rundwon of the premise of the first, the major events, the outcome, and what came from it that would spark interest in players to begin a new tale in a familar world.

I'd personally like to see a higher amount of technological-advanced cities and technology as a whole to affect people; a more aggressive attitude towards spellcasters (who could be actively persued by fanatics considering them to be evil); power struggles between cults who aimed at being a new religion (given the Paanari religion's existential crisis); etc.

And incidentally, sorry for the topic gravediging (if there was any).

13. tree1180

tree1180 New Member

14. mathboy

mathboy New Member

You shouldn't gravedig, then you might get banned, and I don't want that, because you seem nice. :D.

15. tree1180

tree1180 New Member

16. mathboy

mathboy New Member

When you post in a topic that hasn't been posted in for about a week or something.

17. Baal

Baal New Member

Kill this thread!!!

This line was fucked up from the start, and older than hell. It’s been dug up so many times I think it should be moved to the VAULT OF FOLLY. Mostly because I think it should be buried for good.

I know I dug it up again :x , but only to bury it for good like I said! :thumbdown:

18. tree1180

tree1180 New Member

re

oh thanks mathboy, you're so nice :D. And, personally, i think this should be vaulted, but I dont have the power! :-x

19. Baal

Baal New Member

:-x Whoever has the power to vault it, if you’re not going to you could at least lock it!

IN THE WORDS OF A SCYCO
    :realmad: “KILL IT, KILL IT NOW!!!!” :realmad:

20. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

Damn, people like to grave dig this. This was my first post in this section of the forum I think, it took like 4 months to get post in response, and now its been gravedug like 5 times... I've created a monster.

I still don't think anyone has responded to my idea for a futuristic Arcanum. Oh well.

Our Host!