Star Trek Fantasy

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by M@de in China, Nov 28, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. M@de in China

M@de in China New Member

Have you ever noticed the striking similarities between the Star Trek world and the Fantasy world?

Gnomes-Frengi
    Vulcans-Elves
    Romulans-Dark Elves
    Dwarves-Klingons

2. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

lol my Star Trek Fantasy is abot taht hot cihck form deep spaec nien.

3. Sheriff Fatman

Sheriff Fatman Active Member

I'd never thought of it like that before, M@C. I dunno about Dwarves being Klingons, though. Klingons seem kinda like a cross between a dwarf and an orc.

4. Reg Pither

Reg Pither New Member

Klingons must be half-ogres, or maybe even half-orcs.

5. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

6. Qilikatal

Qilikatal New Member

Dwares and klingons do have the same attitude in many things, but the klingons are more warriors than builders and iron workers. If we were to have any "dwarf" species in star trek they would need to have huge superior ships, who has a superior tecknology. Actually i would kind of like that.
    Jean: "This is captain jean luclucl of the uss enterprise"
    Dwarf" This is atmund warhammer from the iron clan surrender or die"
    Jean: "WE will fight until the end"
    Dwarf: "okay"
    *dwarven ship blasts the enterprise into the next solar system with one shot*

7. Etalis Craftlord

Etalis Craftlord New Member

I'm going to assume that by "jean luclucl" you meant "Jean-Luc Picard". 8)

I'll buy the physical similarity between them all (except dwarf/Klingon - that's just ridiculous. Klingons are really, really tall. Dwarves are not), but they're still different critters. I've never read anything involving a cold, logic-based elf, and the only place I've ever encountered mercantilist gnomes is in Arcanum.
    In any case, you can't really make such a broad generalization as "Star Trek races are like fantasy races" because there's so much fantasy to pick from. Of course some of them will resemble fantasy races in one book or another; the Klingons are a proud warrior race, so were the Elves in LotR (Hell, everyone was a proud warrior race in LotR); but the Elves in, say, Terry Pratchett are just evil immortals who like toying with humans.

8. M@de in China

M@de in China New Member

I meant their ideology, of course dwarves don't look like klingons and gnomes nothing like the ferangi

Dwarves believe strongly in honor and family, ditto for Klingons.

Vulcans are very peacful and the "higher evolved race", so are Elves

Romulans are very covert and an off-shoot of the Vulcans, Dark elves are very covert and are an off shoot of the Vulcan equivilant the Elves

Ferangi are a comical and greedy, and don't tell me gnomes are nothing like that...

9. Qilikatal

Qilikatal New Member

Dwarves are not like klingons. The reason is that dwarfs are described as expert craftsmen, who make exelent weapons. The klingons are described as a specie that do not care to much about that. I remeber watching a movie where the klingons main power planet blew upp because of bad work and security. That is not a thing that i imagine dwarves would do.

10. M@de in China

M@de in China New Member

How dare you say Klingons don't care about thier weapons? A Klingon's weapon is his life

11. Qilikatal

Qilikatal New Member

Well i start by opening my mouth.
    Well but the dwarfs are allways good craftsman no matter what it is. A dwarf power supply would not fail because of bad construction

12. M@de in China

M@de in China New Member

um, I think it was because of inadaquate safty percautions, not bad construction

13. Etalis Craftlord

Etalis Craftlord New Member

You really aren't too swift, are you? The reason the moon blew up was because the Klingons aren't so good at math. They overmined it and the moon destabilized.
    If there's one thing they're good at, though, it's security. And if you'd been paying attention, you'd notice that all the Klingon weapons in any Star Trek, even the Sword of Kahless which spent several thousand years flying around in vacuum, are all obviously well-cared for.

14. Qilikatal

Qilikatal New Member

Whatever i don't rember to much, but that would not happen to dwarfs. Dwarfs would not have low security or the would not overmine the planet. They would not fail on such things as those. Dwarfs are miners they live in huge underground complexes they would not mine a planet so it went unstable.

15. xento

xento New Member

What about Vendigroth? :D

I don't know about that. I think we should just leave it as it is, before we start wondering if klingon women have beards!

Our Host!