Soul Stealing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vorak, Nov 26, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

I was reading in the Vampire forum and came across the Hollywood wants your soul topic. I personally lost respect for ActiVision after Civillisation - Call to Power, and now this piece of the puzzle.

I don't care if I'm an atheist I still claim ownership of my non existant soul dammit.

Anyway, thequestion is apart from Activision (the Satanic Blood Cult) is anyone else excluding DU attempting to caim souls around here. I was under the impression that this was a safe place to post.

2. monkeypunch

monkeypunch New Member

Activision released the sorucecode for CtP - good enough for me - even if I disslike their well known IP eagerness.

and I don't want your soul Richy - you can keep if it for all I care.

3. Vorak

Good, then I know that my soul is safe here, but I'm still not going to regain any respect for Acti Vision, at least not yet.

4. Settler

Settler Member

Wow...cynical, athiest, generally proof-reads posts...you just keep getting better and better, RV!

5. Vorak

Why thankyou for the compliment Settler. Nice to see that people are actually taking notice of me.

6. Icairus

Icairus New Member

7. Rosselli

Rosselli New Member

If you're an athiest, you don't have a soul, so why worry about it? Otherwise, Sigurd would attempt to steal it, using arcane pagan blood rituals we Christians are well-known for. Does the fact that Sigurd adheres to a "religion" lower your opinion, Settler? If so, Sigurd weeps at your narrow mind.
    A note on the use of "arcane." The actual meaning of the word, Troika's abuses aside, is "hidden or secret" and "understood by only a few; esoteric." Of course, this could apply to magic and the mystic arts, but there is nothing about the paranormal in the definition. "Arcanum" itself has three definitions. 1. secret or hidden knowledge 2. a secret; mystery 3. a secret remedy; elixir

8. Wolf

Wolf New Member

Hey! I'm an atheist. And my brother will tell you I'm deeply cynical. LOVE ME! LOVE ME!

9. Vorak

Richard Vorak is often said to be Cynical and he does not dislike or think badly of religious types (damned zealots). Although, Richard Vorak still claims his non-existant soul out of his extreme selfishness. Icairus, Richard Vorak welcomes you into his thread, STAY AWAY FROM MY STUFF (damned thief).

10. MatahChuah

MatahChuah Active Member

Why would that make me love you? It's doing a good job for the oposite.
    I can't believe you athiests!

Oh, power to you Sigurd.

11. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

Just because someone doesn't worship Jesus Christ doesn't mean they have no value as people.

12. Rosselli

Rosselli New Member

Way to go being serious and whiny in an otherwise amusing, and jocular thread. Nobody cares. Next time check to see if people are actually being bigots before you decry it.

13. Vorak

Hey Matah Chuah!!, Richard Vorak does not hold your beliefs against you (remember the Australia/Prison thing?), but Richard Vorak remains an atheist and expects this thread to retain its useless, pointless, pathetic, yet down right amusing absurdity.

14. Vorak

Meh, just felt like seeing my atheist avatar twice in a row (becomes inspired)

15. Settler

Settler Member

OK, I walked right into that one, Sigurd. I have a reasonably simple view on religion: I tolerate all beliefs, as long as they are not enforced/carried out on other people. I'm generally wary of against any modern text that uses words like 'infidel' and 'unbeliever'...

And RV, the more earthly powers that be are going to get cranky if you double-post and/or spam. Especially if it's at the same time...

16. Rosselli

Rosselli New Member

Good way to be. I agree 100% with not enforcing one's beliefs on others. I do, however, support sharing religion with others; it is no different then sharing philisophical ideas. If one has found a way of happieness and peace, then why not tell others about it?

17. Vorak

Agreed Sigurd, hence why Richard Vorak convinced half of an entire high school to drop christianity, just to change the census results. Before Richard Vorak did that since the first census in his town never had been rating of less than 99.75% of people in the district as white christians.
    (braces self for christian backlash)

18. Vorak

Thanks for the warning Settler

19. Silvara

Silvara New Member

You don't seem to be heeding it. :razz:

20. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

yeesh, am i the only person that double checks to see if he double posted? and am i the only one who then utilizes the little white (X) button if i find i have caused a double post?

Double posting is a tool of the bourgeouisie, the people won't stand for it. (sorry, i just felt this urge to exhibit my leftist activism for mr. vorak)

Our Host!