Someone's fishing for files - naughty naughty....

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by Grunt, Jul 14, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Grunt

Grunt New Member

I wasn't sure whether this was an aracanum discussion or an ordinary discussion but I decided to put it here.

It seems that there's someone out there fishing for "newbs" to send them .dat files, saying that theirs are corrupted - in my instance it was someone called "baba" - with no profile or posts or history etc. Sounds suspiciously like pirate activity to me. I would have thought that Arcanum was too old to warrant that sort of thing? I mean, I got my copy for less than £5.

Some people never change I guess..

(and no, of course I didn't send the file!)

2. 5th_horseman

5th_horseman New Member

Maybe not, .dat files are the compressed files of the module, so if someone want a copy of your home made module, you would sent them a dat file.

3. Grunt

Grunt New Member

nope..

Nope it was definitely the whole original arcanum dat.. I suppose that they could have messed up their original dat but then why hide all their personal info?

4. Twilight'sHammer

Twilight'sHammer New Member

Anti Social. Severely. :) Who knows, I wouldn't worry about it too much, if there's pirateering going on via this forum, and you have proof of it, then send a message to Jarinor and see what he says about it.

Our Host!