Some other questions...

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Phadech, Jan 19, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Phadech

Phadech New Member

I removed the topic about the flamethrower because I learned that its damage sucked, compared to the amazing pistol that can be crafted in Vendrigoth Ruins. Some other questions:

1. The quest that we destroy Bangellian's Scourge, the sword is great for evil mages (I think) so is there any other way to complete that quest? I remember attacking the undead guy and his fellas, but it was impossible to destroy all of them :(
    2. Is there any technological jewelry (except "charged ring") that can be found or crafted? I would keep a tech necklace until having the "neutral" finger in Caladon. My tech affinity is 100 so magical amulets are totally useless.
    3. Being a technologist, I can not use any scroll. How can I enter the hole (I can not remember where it is and what its name is) that requires "Scroll of Shrink" for non halfling, dwarf or gnome characters? I know it is just a side quest but I just wonder :)
    4. My English sucks...

2. Solaris

Solaris New Member

3. Lagash

Lagash New Member

If it was made in Vendigroth he's talking about the mighty Droch's Warbringer! You can even make 2 if you find the parts.

Hey! Don't throw the Scourge in the Bangellian Furnace! If you don't know what to do with it give it to Virgil or some mage... the Scourge eventually makes you -100 evil. :cool:

You can try to kill Stringy Pete, but it is the most difficult battle in the game! His mates are really strong!

As for the thieves cave mission, first remember that if you are not from the thieves Underground the halflings will attack you... then I think that if you're not a little race, nor you can do Shrink on yourself... well, there's no way in. :sad:

And last... I never saw any exclusively tech jewelry. :( Just neutral ones, like Solaris said, the Jewel of Hebe is the best (before Mannox's finger!).

4. Gavla

Gavla New Member

You can buy the boat from Blackroot.

5. Canis

Canis New Member

Great, yet another way to screw up poor Virgil's life. Enough with the Scourge already!

If you're tired of charged rings, the Ring of Virility is nice too, though it's a neutral item rather than strictly tech. Who has that one? Mr. Franklin I think it was. The lecherous little garden gnome in Tarant. Plus Pelojian's amulet does the same as Cassie's IIRC, rather nice.

6. Lagash

Lagash New Member

Ha! Mr. Franklin is a halfling, not a gnome! :oops:

You can get the lucky medallion... well, if gamble means anything to you... :-x Also there's a way to get Mannox's finger at the beginning of the game... just figured it out yesterday, only you need a good lvl. :cool:

Our Host!