Some more innovative jewelry

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Muro, Aug 29, 2009.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Jungle Japes

Jungle Japes Well-Known Member

@Mesteut: Well someone certainly has a high opinion of themselves. Thank you so much for choosing to condescend from your place on high and spew your idiocy all over our forum. I'm pretty sure nobody here gives a cheap fuck what school you go to or how much education you have; all we care about is what you post on this forum, and if it's trash you can count on getting your feelings hurt.

Yes, semi-automatic assault weapons can be legally purchased without a class III firearms license; I own one myself (Saber Defense XR-15, sweet rifle). Fully automatic weapons cannot. No, the semi-automatic AR-15 is not and never was used by the U.S. military. We use the M-16 (which has been mostly replaced by the M-4 carbine). The notable difference is that the M-16 can be fired in three-round bursts (one trigger pull, three shots), making it a class III firearm.

Btw, I like the moniker, "Vigilante Japes". It suits me.

2. Archmage Orintil

Archmage Orintil New Member

This would be understandable if it had been an early initial peak. However, it appears a higher crime rate was a near constant the entire 31 years of the ban. That makes sense to me. Criminals nolonger had to question if a potential victim was dangerous. Sounds more like a people problem than a gun problem. They were getting guns from other states. It would require a full national level crackdown on guns to have any effect. However, all that would do is add yet another black market akin to drugs. It might be good for the Mexican economy tho'.

3. Charonte

Charonte Member

I'm having such a hard fucking time not stirring you up over that. I mean, who the fuck do you think you are? And why weren't you "trying hard" with the insults, hmm? Are we too far "beneath" you?

You can argue (pointlessly) all you goddamn want for what I care, if it gets too much I will (and did) stop reading. That doesn't give you the right to say "I'm better than everyone on the internet" just because you do well in school.

Bottom line: Grow up, no-one cares about you or your bloody education. Stick that cocky attitude up your ass while you're at it.
    Jesus mate, get a grip. How can anyone get worked up over what I thought was a (reasonably) sensisble debate on the goddamn internet? So what, Jungle Japes thinks your arguments are stupid. I never knew you cared.

4. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Muro: Yes, that one was brilliant. *giggle*

Mesteut: Face it dude, all you've managed to do is get both sides of the arguement pissed at you. And for the record - FUCK your education. I went to one of the best schools in Australia, I got brilliant marks, and I could have walked into a law degree without even trying. Do you know why I didn't? Because I didn't want to. Education just gives you a head-start, it's what you do with it that counts. And so far, all you seem to have done with yours is be a dick. So just shut up, calm down, and let this fucking issue die.

5. magikot

magikot Well-Known Member

What about those of us that dropped out of Ivy League schools at 16 because they weren't challenging enough? Get off your high horse. Nobody here cares about how much you wish to stroke your mental penis on these boards. We only care how well you present your argument. If you fail to deliver, or deliver it in such a spectacularly awful way, we won't take you seriously.

tl;dr version - you're a dumb-dumb poppy-head.

What does she have to do with any of it? Besides, most of her philosophy was warped and perverted by that nut-job intellectual heir Leonard Piekoff.

6. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    I blame her for all the libertarians fapping away all over the Internet.

[​IMG]

7. papa_dog_1999

papa_dog_1999 Well-Known Member

Media:
    You know, tossing your laurels around doesn't really help or mean that much on this forum.
    I have to admit to the enjoyment factor of the response, though.
    -----
    Japes says (paraphrased): In my opinion, you come across as an idiot.
    Your arguments mean nothing to me.

Mesteut response (observational perspective): My God!
    He insulted my intelligence on a public forum!
    I must take a protective stance and defend myself.
    What should I do?
    Got it!
    I'll puff up!
    If I make myself look bigger they'll feel threatened and run away.

-----
    I see my cats do this all the time.
    It usually leads to a conflict rather that prevents one.

BTW: None of this is directed at you, Xiao.
    I was just too lazy to quote the post.
    The mental image I have of you contains too much hotness for me to disbelieve anything you say. :D

8. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Now with scientific evidence!

9. papa_dog_1999

Media:
  10. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Dark Elf: Sometimes, like now, you post something so incredibly amusing that my brain melts. *giggle* That link just proves something most of us have believed for years. Hell, didn't take much observation to work that out in high school...

Take one nerd, add one babe or more babes according to taste, stir briefly until the nerd melts spectacularly into a pile of incoherent mush. /TwoFatLadies (Yes there was an actual cooking show called that, and it was awesome.)

Awwww, Puppy. You're sweet! *cuddle*

11. papa_dog_1999

Media:
    Why, yes Dear, the sky IS made out of pudding.
    *shakes head trying to clear the fog*
    Wait!
    What?!
    Where am I?

12. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

At first glance the scientific evidence DE provided could make men look inferior. Nothing of that kind, it actually works in favour of us. Up to now when a man acted retarded in front of an attractive woman, he would clearly make an idiot of himself, which would most propably make him feel stupid and help him develop complexes. From now on whenever that happens, he can say to himself and to the world that it's just the way he's programmed and therefore he can't help it, so why should he feel guilty?

13. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

What the article fails to mention is that it can definately work the other way around...

*watches Ioshua Jerand walk past and makes little humina noises...*

Yum. Very nice indeed. Mmmmm, bishounen.
    ...Crap. I'm around other people, aren't I?
    DAMN! >_<

(If you don't know Ioshua Jerand... google the bishie. Mmmmmmmm. On the other hand, do NOT google the moogle. My eyes...)

14. Charonte

Charonte Member

Xiao, I can't believe... I can't believe you thought Two Fat Ladies was awesome. And you said it in italics already. Seriously, after seeing 20 seconds of that I cried for a week.

Thank you though, DE. Atleast I have an excuse now.

15. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Nyah! I thought they were funny. :p And let's face it, considering the alternatives are bikers who can't cook, frickin' Nigella, and Jamie Oliver... Yeah, I'll take the funny old ladies who can cook and aren't ashamed of their love of good food.

16. magikot

magikot Well-Known Member

17. Charonte

Charonte Member

True, Jamie Oliver is a knob I'll give you that. It's *still* two fat ladies though, wouldn't reruns of star trek at least be more entertaining?

18. papa_dog_1999

Media:
    Maybe, but it wouldn't teach you how to cook anything.
    As cooking shows go, Two Fat Ladies wasn't that bad.
    Doesn't come close to Alton Brown, but then again, who does.

19. Charonte

Charonte Member

What would I want to learn to cook for? I can cook noodles. You can live off noodles...

True, there's a show on in the mornings here which is significantly worse than two fat ladies ever was. I refuse to even remember the name of that bloody thing.

Alton Brown reminds me of a freaky advertiser that's had more plastic surgery than Madonna and has been on TV since before I was born. Freaky fuck, looking at him scares me these days. At least the mullet went, though.

20. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

Ian Parmenter on Consuming Passions.

Now there is a cooking show that actually has good food on it.

Our Host!