Some marines are stupid

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JustaFishInaJar, Jun 18, 2007.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. JustaFishInaJar

JustaFishInaJar New Member

If you all didn't know I'm in Iraq right now. Now then. My entire base was woken up at 04:30 and put on full alert. It turns out we had a missing marine. Usually in these cases it's because he got lost on patrol or he was kidnapped. Not this one. This one has gone missing before on base in the states and this isn't the first time he has gone missing over here in Iraq. This guy has a knack for hiding and sleeping in odd places. Last time we found him asleep at the heli port. After 3 hours of the entire base searching we found him again. A patrol sent out into the city found him hiding a couple blocks down. A lone marine in full gear in full daylight thought it would be wise to leave the base and make a run for it back to America. From what I heard he had planned to sell all his gear to some Iraqis to get traveling money. All I know is that every marine in this base wants and is going to kick his ass every time they see him.

2. wobbler

wobbler Well-Known Member

Well, if you wanna go home, you wanna go home...
    Kick him once for me to, will you?

3. Jazintha Piper

Jazintha Piper Member

4. Bunny

Bunny New Member

You should tie him up to a lamppost (if you find any) and leave him there.

5. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

I can understand that he wants to go home, personally I wouldn't set foot in that desert country. I do admire the courage of those who are there though. That said, if he don't want to be there he was pretty stupid to enlist, even more to become a marine.

And since stupidity is a deadly sin, you should hoist him up a flag pole as close as possible to enemy territory.

6. Jungle Japes

Jungle Japes Well-Known Member

I think I've slept and/or pissed on about half the helipads in Iraq, but that's just part of being a crewchief.

7. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

I, too, understand why he wants to go home. He might be stupid, but every man can do mistakes. And this time, he probably made a misstake. And a BIG one, at that.

8. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

I'd be interested to know if he really thought he could manage to sell his gear rather than just have it stolen and get himself murdered. And then if he did manage that how exactly was he going to get back to America, swim the Bering Straight?

Besides which if he managed to get home somehow how long did he expect to stay there? its not like everyone would just forgive and forget and stop looking for him.

9. JustaFishInaJar

To insure that he doesn't run away again he has been locked up in the detainee center with the iraqis. He gets his own private room in there so it's not like he is receiving any lovin. Also he knew he couldn't make it to America so he was trying for Jordan. And get this. The only reason that patrol found him is because the locals in town flagged down the humvees and they all started pointing at a house talking about a lone marine. Even they didn't want him.

10. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

11. Wolfsbane

12. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Either you use your connections to file for an honourable discharge, or you shoot yourself out. There are no in-betweens.

13. JustaFishInaJar

He's a boot and has no connections. And the last time I was here a guy shot himself in the arm and blamed a sniper. He got caught and is in jail now. He was also a boot.

14. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

they could always serve out their contract with honor. after all, they made the decision to join in the first place. it's not like we have a draft.

15. Wolfsbane

No offence, but your army doesn't really seem very well-educated or well disciplined.

16. Jungle Japes

Jungle Japes Well-Known Member

There are fuckoffs in every branch of service, no doubt about it, but you don't sound very educated yourself when you show that you don't understand the difference between the U.S. Marine Corps, from whence came the afore mentioned fuckoffs, and the U.S. Army, which was not being discussed until you decided to open your mouth about a topic you know nothing about.

While most of us here would agree that this war is a fucking waste of time and resources, don't be too quick to insult the military that is fighting it. And while there are plenty of fuckoffs in the U.S. military, 99.9% of them are more disciplined and educated than you, and our worst soldiers and stupidest marines have accomplished more than you probably ever will you piece of shit.

17. JustaFishInaJar

First of all I was talking about the Marine Corp. You should never mistake a Marine for an Army soldier. Vice Versa. Also like Japes said, there are morons in every branch of the military. For every platoon there is one Piles. As for well-educated... well we did join the military. The fact is not every one is made for the military, especially the Marines. But I guess not every one can be a spartan warrior like myself.

18. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    I thought it was standard procedure to tie such people to nasty specimens of cacti.

19. Telcontar

Telcontar Well-Known Member

Hmmmm I don't see a written law against it, so I suppose knock yourself out.

20. JustaFishInaJar

That would be nice, but the Marines standard procedure is to take him behind the barracks and beat motivation into him.

Our Host!