Smuel's good morning extravaganza

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Smuel, May 3, 2012.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. wayne-scales

wayne-scales Well-Known Member

Yeah I hear ya man. Wish I had all the money those damn Jews do. Maybe then I could pay for dentists to fix those ugly Brits teeth, and teachers to smack some smarts into them idiot Americans. Gotta admire them though. That makes it not xenophobic, right?

Last edited: Feb 28, 2016
  2. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

If you can impose a bunch of societal problems onto an entire people for more than a century, then it's not racist to define them by those problems.

As long as you're white. And, no, redheads don't count as white. Ew.

Good morning.

3. Smuel

Smuel Well-Known Member

Media:
    Wow, this suddenly took a dark turn.

For the record, I'm both racist AND sexist.

Good morning.

4. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

Yeah things were a lot more fun for everyone when our casual prejudices went unchallenged.

How do these people expect to assimilate if they keep going on about discrimination?

Good morning.

5. papa_dog_1999

papa_dog_1999 Well-Known Member

Media:
    So were you really offended by the Irish jokes or were you just feeling anti-stereotype that day?
    And "xenophobic"? Who said anything about disliking or fearing anyone?

I used to be blonde before I was bald, but when I grow my beard, it is very red. Does that mean I only have half a soul.

So are you an ageist and an elitist also? Then you would be just an '-ist'.

Good Morning. (actually evening now, but who's checking?)

6. Smuel

Smuel Well-Known Member

Media:
    I expect so. Misanthropist includes all those things, right?

Good morning.

7. Ruda

Ruda Active Member

Good afternoon you racist, sexist, ageist, elitist human paraquat.

I also want to take a moment to thank Jojobobo for his help on a PoE related issue a few pages ago.

8. papa_dog_1999

papa_dog_1999 Well-Known Member

Media:
    Why, yes, misanthropist does round it up quite nicely.

Human paraquat? A person who kills plants?

9. Smuel

Smuel Well-Known Member

Media:
    I read it as an inferior or deviant version of a kumquat. Since kumquats are claimed to be good for you, I guess that fits.

Good morning.

10. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

A misanthropist isn't necessarily prejudiced against specific groups, but can just hate everyone equally.

For example, funny story, and true: this Christmas Eve, a homeless, Syrian (once) -refugee who was not only a prior tenant and (ex)friend of my landlord, who was absent, but also had once scrubbed toilets and cooked food at a meditation retreat I attended, showed up on the door step with a pickpicketed key and declared that he has to be allowed to stay. I didn't like his attitude so I kicked him out and made him cry. I was a total asshole about it too, and completely merciless. On Christmas. Also I often carried a cat, which seemed to enrage him before the end.

But at no point did race or religion enter my judgement.

This story is even funnier. Another friend of my landlord seems to have moved in. He's probably in the same demographic as the other guy, but whatever, I don't care, he is in my way and I don't like him. Today I was telling him that I don't know him or trust him and when is he leaving and just stay out of my way, when the topic of and where the fuck is my coffee came up. Anyway, this punk squirmed for a while, including a song and dance about how he didn't take it and looking for it everywhere, and after much ado, I just told him to hurry up out of my space so I can find it. I was truly terrible but totally evenhanded and reasonable in my torrent of objections to his general existence. Anyway, he cried and ran away or something but the funny thing is the coffee was right there the whole time. Classic me. Not racist.

Good morning :)

p.s. I have to add that both these guys act like bullies, which is the same problem I have with racism and sexism. I don't think any of you guys are truly prejudiced or malicious. I don't think you're very good at misanthropy either, except maybe WS, I love your hate bro. But Arcanum is a tiny niche, I think it's our duty to the game to keep the community inclusive.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2016
  11. Smuel

Smuel Well-Known Member

Media:
    I feel conflicted about ytzk now. This is not such a good morning.

Good morning.

12. Jojobobo

Jojobobo Well-Known Member

Yeah I mean why not aggress those Syrians, seeking asylum in desperation from their war-torn country, probably putting on a bit of a front due to hostility from the locals or just displaying a learnt brusqueness that they needed to survive in their home nation. Better yet, ship 'em off to Manus Island - out-of-sight out-of-mind, eh?

I'm joking, naturally. I'm hardly one to comment on the handling of difficult people. Good morning.

13. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

It is sad, but I judged these guys on their own merits, after giving them the due empathy and hospitality, to be toxic.

Also my cat judged them too. In any case, technically, they haven't been refugees for a decade.

Please don't think that I find refugees or this nation's illegal gulags to be funny or in any way just. I may be an asshole, but I'm not evil.

Nor are they out of mind, just out of the usual Murdoch media cycle. Now there's your evil.

Good morning.

14. Jungle Japes

Jungle Japes Well-Known Member

15. Jojobobo

Jojobobo Well-Known Member

Quite honestly, people who have been around in a country for 10+ years should definitely assimilate. Aside from my lazy and humorous stab at a little fracas and banter (+10 pretentious points for me describing the exchange as such, +5 points for me using the word exchange in the previous description) but I'm really not a big believer in people staunchly defending their cultural differences or identity to the last when they have moved to a different country. I think it's because britian has very little identity in this age - our previous colonial expansion means that anyone is welcome within our borders, which as a libertarian is a great thing, but regardless of whether I think it's good or not we're not morally allowed to take a culturally exclusive attitude.

As such, I don't really see complaints of britian holding the little mad down as a legitimate thing, and it does irritate me when people proclaim that the current system is repressive.

Good morning.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2016
  16. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think the problem here is they're too Australian for me, actually.

That, and the extent of the trauma they seek to repress in all-too-Aussie ways. Which I can understand.

Any equivalent Australian-born would've been much less honest and polite about it all.

Anyway, if a grown up member of a polite, ancient, scholarly civilization comes to Australia, then assimilating means drinking until you forget the football score. I don't recommend it. Obviously, the value of individual liberty is already shared in the case of asylum seekers, the rest is... individual liberty.

Good morning.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2016
  17. Smuel

Smuel Well-Known Member

Media:
    Your eloquent post-hoc rationalization just makes me more sad that you think it's cool to brag about being an asshole.

Good morning.

18. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

19. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

Fair cop, but cooler than joking about being racist while never facing up to your words.

And don't worry, I wasn't under the illusion that I'm making any friends here.

But yknow, Smuel the real irony is that I'm such a fucking nice guy, and I'm dealing with people who are not. One at a time and face to face.

I bid you good morning.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
  20. Smuel

Smuel Well-Known Member

Media:
    Hmm... this argument could go on for a while. So let's ask the audience instead!

Hey guys, who do you think is a worse human being, me or ytzk?

Good morning.

Our Host!