Site Maintenance - 4,181

Discussion in 'News Comments' started by DarkUnderlord, Jul 11, 2005.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

As part of getting everything back up and working again, I've just been doing some maintenance. One part of that maintenance was deleting 4,181 registered user accounts here at Terra-Arcanum. If your account was amongst those deleted, here's the reason why:<ul><li>You never posted a single post in our <a href="http://www.terra-arcanum.com/phpBB/">forums</a>.
    <br><li>You registered over 100 days ago.
    <br></ul>That simple little cull has reduced our total member count from 7,343 to 3,162. Not bad for a forum that's been around for some 5 years (Actually our 5th birthday will be in a few days on July 26th). All accounts that were registered within the last 100 days were spared, even if they have not made any posts. I ummed... and erred... about doing this for a while but in the end, this frees up user names for people who are actually going to join and post with them.
    <br>
    <br>In the event that I have accidentally (and realistically, it's very highly unlikely) deleted the account of a regular poster, please let me know via the <a href="http://www.terra-arcanum.com/index.php?section=station&content=general&id=contact">contact us form</a>. Include your account name and the e-mail address you registered with. I have a database backup from before the cull and should be able to restore your details as before. If however, you never posted and your account has been deleted, you are free to register again - though we do encourage you to post.
    <br>
    <br>Now that that's done, I can work on getting the downloads back online.
    <br>
    <br>EDIT: The downloads system is now (or at least to my knowledge, should be) working properly again.

Our Host!