Sir Montique's Noble Gazette

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Forum' started by Sir Montique, Sep 2, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Sir Montique

Sir Montique New Member

Good Nobles and lesser vassals of Arcanum,

I have just returned from the Tarant civic forum and I am completely overwhelmed by the ignorance of the general populace on the matter of common people of Arcanum.

It is well noted by myself and many a great noble including the famous Sir Chadwick Moore, ESQ. that the common dredges of our great society must be dealt with immediately. The current tolerance for uneducated peasants and the influx of many non-human species arriving into our great cities must be put to an end. While weak liberals like Dr. Julius M. Crenshaw avid defender of the ignorant and non-human filth which plague our lands, continue to pursue freedom for all - Our blessed good nobles and proper citizens suffer the violence and foolish chatter that these cretins inflict. I call upon every recognized human noble to take up this just and righteous cause and clean our cities and even our lands from these vermin that infect our wondrous society, which we have worked so hard in building.

- Sir Montique, ESQ.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sir Montique on 2001-09-01 19:55 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sir Montique on 2001-09-01 19:56 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sir Montique on 2001-09-01 23:25 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sir Montique on 2001-09-01 23:27 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sir Montique on 2001-09-02 19:29 ]</font>

2. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

don't want be a poker or a lamebrain but what the hell is this?

3. Sir Montique

Sir Montique New Member

Sir,

Might I be forward and remind you that I am the founder and editor of the Noble Gazette. I find your words to be most foul indeed. Your statement reveals your lack of proper education, and hints at a Half-Orc agenda.
    It would do you well Sir, to remain in your lower class social pool. Let all citizens of hereditary rank put and end to this kind of mischievous behavior !

Sir Montique, ESQ.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sir Montique on 2001-09-07 07:27 ]</font>

4. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

5. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

hah, Ive noo need fore kind here 'ike city slickers! Snort! Me n' Molly with e' 12g ll' show ya!

6. Oyarsa

Oyarsa New Member

Ahem

If I may.

The editor/publisher of the above gazette is lodging a complaint regarding what he sees as the eroding force on his good Tarantian society. On this forum, on this board that voice and its intonations are allowed. Whether his particular views are is an entirely other matter.

Now, Jinxed, there is a lovely little missive at the bottom of the forum with instructions. Likewise, the forum title does provide some clues.

Oyarsa Buckland
    Governor-General

7. Oyarsa

Oyarsa New Member

As for you, Sir Montique. Are you actually proposing a humans only policy? You cannot seriously expect such a ludicrous and hateful agenda to actually receive more than a trifling of a hearing in this day and age. It's the 1880's, man! Not the 1500's. The ages of inter-species conflict needs to end.

Then again, Caladon always was the saner of two kingdoms.

Oyarsa Buckland

8. Sir Montique

Sir Montique New Member

Noble citizens of Arcanum!

Disaster of the foulest kind has struck our good city of Tarant. As you all well know,our city was recently blessed when the Tarant Zoological Society openly displayed the recently captured Stillwater Giant by none other than the Famous Sir John Beddoes author of the book – Races of Arcanum. During the opening lecture which was sure to be a intellectual event, a drunk and confused Orc stumbled into the zoological auditorium and disrupted the entire event by consuming the Stillwater Giant in its rare purple rabbit form. Many witnesses at the event reported that the Orc let out a hideous laughter right before bellowing out the dreaded words, “Me Hungry� as he daringly consumed the defenseless Stillwater Giant. Officer Grant of the Tarant Police Department confirmed that the Orc was involved in a labor dispute earlier at the Bates warehouse district.

How long good citizens shall we continue to tolerate this sort of abuse from outcasts who do not belong in our good city of Tarant? The time to take action is now!

Sir Montique, ESQ.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sir Montique on 2001-09-13 00:06 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sir Montique on 2001-09-13 00:12 ]</font>

9. Sir Montique

Sir Montique New Member

Excellent people of Tarant,

Upheaval of the most disastrous kind has broken out in the Boil district
    today. This morning under the cover of a forbidding fog, an unknown Ogre
    gang proceeded to shed blood in our fair streets. During the onslaught our very own
    Mrs. Montique wife of Sir Montique, ESQ., author and editor of this very gazette was viscously beat into unconscious as she was on her way to the dedication of the new Lightbrow Medical Institute recently constructed just outside our joyous city. Nearby witnesses testify that the calamity started when our own city guard was returning from their nightly patrol. As our good guards proceeded past the Boil, they where cowardly ambushed by the rouge Ogre gang. It was at this critical moment that Mrs. Montique witnessed the tragedy and bravely jumped into the fray with only her trusty hatpin.Seeing that the guards where nearly subdued, she proceeded to quickly and repeatedly stab her righteous hatpin into the posteriors of the offending members of the gang. Her courageous efforts caught the Ogres off guard, causing them to redirect their attack on herself. It was at this tragic moment that Mrs. Montique was pummeled into unconsciousness by the entire gang. The heroic and spontaneous efforts of Mrs. Montique gave the guards the time they needed to gain the upper hand and dispatch the gang. All gang members were either killed or arrested in the incident. The exact number of gang members and causalities has yet to be confirmed by the Tarant Police Department, although initial accounts by witnesses confirm that 3 gang members and 2 guards where either killed or seriously injured in the conflict. Mrs. Montique is currently reported to be in stable condition and is recovering at the Lightbrow Medical Institute.

How long good people shall we suffer at the hands of common thieves and hoodlums. Even my good wife was dishonored this time. Let us make a stand for what is right !

Sir Montique, ESQ.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sir Montique on 2001-09-15 21:57 ]</font>

10. Drizzt

Drizzt New Member

Indeed! We must hire such adventurous individuals as Sir Franklyn Payne and Alexander the Panarii fighter person to drive this filth from our lands! Death to orcs! Death to ogres! DEATH TO ALL OF THOSE BOIL GANGS!

11. Ferret

Ferret New Member

1 year, and 5 days - I believe this is a gravedigging record!!! :eek: :x

12. Maniac

Maniac New Member

13. Notharah

Notharah New Member

uhuh... so it is Ferret.... but wanna bet that he thought he could get away with it because you could also see it as a 5 days difference! :)

14. Hel Khat

Hel Khat New Member

Hail to Thee Sir Montique,

Tis my hope to express my gratitude and applaud your efforts to keep us a breat of the current events in Arcanum. I have sorely missed Tarant since venturing forth towards Stillwater. You see I was originally sent out to seek a mate for the one in Tarant in the hope of breading the strangely foul beast. Upon receiving you paper I see that it may well be encumbent upon me to capture a replacement. As I have yet to hear from my benifator on this matter I am indeed uncertain in any event. I have sent word of my concerns to Sir John and hope to hear from him Forthwith.

Regardless I would again thank thee for thine time and dedication, I hope to read more of thine news in the coming months (should i survive)

Your humble servant,
    Lord E. Rex

Our Host!