Shopping! :giggle:

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Canis, Oct 25, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Canis

Canis New Member

I had a good Friday.

Okay, so first I got a tattoo, which I've been wanting to do since I was eleven. I had made an impression of my dog's paw print and I got it done on my lower back with some really nice grey shading by this guy, who for the record totally kicks ass. Now I've got to decide whether to ever show my dad or just let him live a long life and die of natural causes.

Then I went to Fry's and got me a new video card! I'd previously been using a Trident Blade-XP which is a self-described "low end card for common desktop applications", and I upgraded to a Radeon 9200, 124Mb DDR, for $75. (Or something like that.) EVERYTHING is faster now! It used to take forever just to get to the properties menu when right clicking on the desktop, but now it just pops up! Amazing! Ooo, ooo, OOO!!! I can play Arcanum in regular mode now! OMG the graphics kick ass! It's like a dream! :sniffle: I can't believe I waited so long to get a new card. The difference between a good card and a crappy card is amazing, but I'd just gotten used to the crappy one.

Weird thing is, after installing the video card it seems that my sound card was uninstalled. Windows couldn't even find it. I had to open the case again, take the card out, and stick it in another slot. Well, at least everything works now. And works great! HA!!!

While I was at Fry's I also got the new special edition DVD of Monty Python and the Holy Grail, which I thought went really well with my killer rabbit baseball cap. I always like to accessorize. The box promises "a glorious extra 24 seconds absolutely free!", so I know I got a good deal.

And, at last, to go along with my spiffy new video card, I got ToEE. Haven't played it yet, but I plan on dedicating the weekend to it. Now is it just me or is Troika's name like totally missing from the box? Hmph. I eagerly await many hours of dungeon crawling pleasure, and hope the patch comes out soon. Not that I expect any major bugs, but it's just that I'm a huge fan of patches.

I still need to get new speakers for my computer. One of my rabbits chewed through the wires one day and though I managed to splice them back together the sound is a little off. Well, maybe Fry's will have a nice set on sale one day soon.

To top the day off my kittens caught another mouse. They're such good little predators, I'm so proud of them! Definitely a good Friday. :D

2. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Oh, a tattoo! Promise that you show it to us when it has healed! Promise!

Good for you!

I guess it's upgrade time for me too. Running everything on a 32 mb Geforce 2 MX200 (which was so cool when I bought it) isn't really fun anymore...

Do that. ToEE rumbles!

No, their logo is on the lower right corner on the front of the box... it's very small though...

Face it. You have vorpal rabbits.

Seems that you've had a very good day :) .

So... how much's left of that paycheck?

3. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

Women. Wooo men. :) Still some of the stuff you bought I'd like to get myself. Like one of those killer rabbits. Or a fluffy bloodthirsty kitten. How many animals do you have btw? Good to know you had a day which made you happy.

Now give us a photo of your tattoo, so we can drool over a piece of your body.

4. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

well i need too upgrade my video card too, btw i too want to see your tatoo.

5. xento

xento New Member

Maybe you should upgrade your mental grammar database.

6. Canis

Canis New Member

Absolutely. Once it heals, full color pictures of half my butt for everyone! Rejoice! Or flee in terror, your choice.

Oh there it is. Fry's enormous price tag sticker was covering it. Well, good! I was all ready to indulge in conspiracy theories about how everyone's out to get Troika....

All of it. ;) I horribly overestimated the cost of a tattoo, and over the past ten months I'd managed to save $541 for it. In the end it cost only $100 including tip, so I decided to go shopping for all the other things I've been meaning to get but didn't as I was saving for the tattoo. I've still got a big chunk of cash left, which'll go to speakers, any emergency that comes up, or yet another tattoo fund.

Yes, another. I'd like to get a Celtic/Pictish armband done, with two stylized wolves representing my dogs (basically Celtic wolves with my dogs' color paterns). That, I believe, would be awesome. I'll probably get it done early next year. Man, tattoos are addictive!

People think I'm obsessed with my dogs. Personally I don't see anything wrong with that. :)

Seven! One female German Shepherd Dog, one male Belgian Shepherd/god-knows-what mix (both dogs five years old), two Rex rabbits (one male, one female, both two years old), one 13-year-old female cat of unknown breed (her mother was feral), and two male Ragdoll cats, two years old. My mother's friend is a Ragdoll breeder, and she gave me a couple of her runts that nobody else wanted. Actually, I'm convinced that one of them, Wolfie, is only half Ragdoll. He is completely wild and crazy, and it didn't help matters that I let the dogs raise him. He learned to fight by wrestling with the dogs, and his style is one of overwhelming force. On the bright side, I credit him with driving away all the neighbors' cats from his territory, which has made the rabbits a lot safer. I think he might be half Ragdoll, half bobcat.... He really is *that* crazy.

7. RPjunkie

RPjunkie New Member

Canis said:
    Where the hell do live that you are able to get that particular card so cheap? Really, I looked at new video cards, but to upgrade to something like that Radeon9200 is like $150, or more! AND I SHOP AT WAL-MART!!! :D Things are so damn expensive(for the most part) in the twin cities :x

Would you be willing to pick me up a video card if I sent you $$ for it and for shipping back to me? What do you pay for other things, like sound cards, RAM, burners, and such?

8. Icairus

Icairus New Member

9. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

Tattoo sounds cool. I've been contemplating one on my back of a dragonfly with its wings across my shoulderblades and its head on the back of my neck with the tail/abdomen running down my spine and tiny words wrttien into the shading etc, but i'm not sure what i want it to say yet, and i dont necessarily have the money required to obtain one of such ambition yet however. plus i hear the spine is one of the most painful places... but whatever.

10. Dark Elf

Media:
    Hmmm.... you wouldn't want to try on something smaller before doing such a big tattoo Sleek? Remember, once it's there, it's there. Please, be real sure of what you want before making such a permanent mark on yourself.

Making a tattoo is actually more of a tickling feeling really. I haven't done anything on the back, but I can't imagine it being much worse...

11. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

awww. personally i think the funniest tattoo decisions are made in 2 seconds, or when drunk... or blind. anyone ever see someone who had gotten a tattoo after they had been stricken blind?

either way, i promise any tattoo decisions i make will be carefully thought out, sober decisions. i'll probably draw the damn thing myself, and demand the tattoo artist copy it.

12. Dark Elf

Media:
    It's much better to do it that way, because then you can be absolutely sure of that you're the only one with that tattoo (just like Canis paw prints :) ). I mean, what's the fun with taking a tattoo from a catalogue and then find out that everyone in the neighbourhood has it?

I'm going to draw my next tattoo myself - got to have a counterweigth on the left arm since I've a tattoo on the right. Don't know about the motiff though... maybe some japanese letters, or a band of runes...

13. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

That guys catalogue wasnt too impressive either... angry scary clown faces, and "skinhead hardcore" dont really turn me on...

14. Rane

Rane New Member

Glad to hear somebody had a good day :lol:

15. Herald

Herald New Member

What better place to post my 1st message then in a thread that has nothing to to with the game :D . I'm Herald, and i just bought Arcanum( although i have a kick-ass pc), and this looks like a fun forum. Gratz to the people who recently got tatoo's, animals, and new hardware :thumbup: . I hope i'll learn alot from this forum, because so far my Über dwarf technologist of lvl 11 is, well, not so ûber at all :/ .

EDIT: for all the curious people out there, i have a Saphire radeon 9600 pro, 768 ddr 333mhz Ram, athlon +2400, and a 120 gyg hdd :-o :p

16. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

Welcome to the forum Herald. :wavey:

Don't do anything to make me ban you. In fact, not doing anything is the safest bet at avoiding a ban. Can I ban you now?

17. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

Canis, can't wait to see your tattoo, love. Don't be a selfish bitch like mrnobodie, and only show a pic of the spot of skin that the tattoo's on. Go ahead, give us a full frontal nudal pic.

I want a tattoo. I think I've narrowed it down to a tattoo of an ass with a tattoo of an ass with a tatto of an ass on it, placed, where else? on my ass. That way, it would be like staring into infinity by looking at my ass. "There goes Retard and his infinite ass"

18. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

I pray to god that you post that picture somewhere on the internet. i imagine it could be the next www.goatse.cx ...

by the way, no one should go to www.goatse.cx , it wont do anything to your computer, but it may do something to your emotional stability.

19. Dark Elf

Media:
    Sleek, for fuck sake! :realmad:

:puke:

Let that be a lesson to NOT click on a link until I've read the whole message... my dear precious Lord, ugh!

People, if you still want to keep your mental sanity in check, do not click on Sleeks link.

20. Rane

Rane New Member

OH MY GOD ! Why did I click on that link :puke: !

Too........shocked............to........write.........more :-o

By the way, welcome aboard Herald ! :D

Our Host!