Shopkeeper Problem

Discussion in 'Modding and Scripting Support' started by Langolier, Oct 13, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Langolier

Langolier Member

I have been using the Shopkeeper Inventoryhack for a while and all of a sudden I seem to have a problem. The "Rural General" stores are not restocking thier inventory at all. Deleted the Iventorysource file and then re-copied it from the original folder however now the store at the start of the game has no inventory.... At one point I sold an item to an empty general store and when i passed time by one day their inventory was completely restocked........ if anyone is familiar with, and knows how to solve, this problem..i would be most appreciative. :-?

2. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

copy your save games and re-install and re-patch perhaps?

3. Langolier

Langolier Member

Well, I deleted the file, and then re-coppied it into the Rules folder. The problem went away. Then it returned when I went to modify it again( added a few items to shop inventories). However.... the problem occured only with shops I had modified..and its seems, that it happens if I put the added item first on the list of items sold by the shop.. so I THINK I have fixed it....

4. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

OH THATS WHAT YOU DID!

The first item on the Invensource list is the gold a shop carries. It never usually has that much, but it's a baseline. Like 5000 is the usual for most magic shops, and they usually carry 4500 or something like that. You changed gold to be a carried item and your item to be gold, and that could definately screw stuff up. My little rule is that I always add additional items at the end so it doesn't interfere with any pre-existing ones.

Our Host!