Shellman on delay

Discussion in 'News Comments' started by Calis, Apr 21, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Calis

Calis Member

Stravaig of <A HREF="http://rpgplanet.com/arcanum/" target="_blank">Dimensions of Arcanum</A> had a chance to talk to Shellman in <A HREF="/council/logs.shtml">the IRC channel</A>. Here's the most interesting stuff Stravaig had to say:<blockquote><br>Troika was originally /not/ going to be hawking Arcanum at e3 (since it would have been out), but now they will be! I offered to do some booth time for Shellman, but she didn't take me up on it.<br>Well, Troika was very unhappy about the delay (Shellman stated that their initial reaction was on par with ours), but after plenty of explaining (and expletives), they understand and agree with Sierra's decision. <p>The culprit, it would seem, is all three parties: <br>*Troika made a game with too bloody much dialogue (over a million lines). Okay, I don't blame them for that, but it is a factor. <br>*Havas, who's supposed to be doing the translation, is apparently behind schedule. Way behind schedule, I'm thinking. <br>*Sierra still insists on a simultaneous world-wide release, for financial reasons that seem convincing to Troika. Per Troika, the european initial orders of Arcanum significantly exceed the US initial orders... <br></blockquote><br>

Our Host!