She wants me to be sorry

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Grossenschwamm, Oct 9, 2010.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

Since my friend's come back from the navy, it's time to start trying to patch things up with the girlfriend he broke up with before he even left (and they started seeing each other again midway through his training). So, I call her.

All I remember is that she was pissed off at me from the last camp out, so I figured she didn't want to talk to me anymore. My life then happened, and I ended up spending another two weeks in the psychiatric unit of a hospital, then I get out and start rebuilding myself from the ground up. I'm now able to take college classes and am in the mood to create, which hasn't happened for several months. Several long months. I'm not yet so confident I'd ask a girl out, but that day's coming soon, I can feel it.

She calls me back today at noon, saying I should be sorry that I wasn't in contact with her because she was really depressed during the time my friend was gone, too! Apparently, she called me four times (calls that never popped up in my phone) just to have someone to talk to. She said she thought if anyone was going to help her, it would be me. She did help me with my issues from time to time, but at the time she had gotten pissed off at me from the camp out, I thought that was it. She didn't want to talk to me. She had successfully shown me I wasn't wanted. So now I'm supposed to feel bad that her life sucked too and I wasn't there to help her out, despite her being a bitch. Do you want to know why she was pissed off? She said that I didn't say "hi" or "bye" to her (she left because she didn't feel wanted). Thing is, I remember saying those two words. Because I remembered saying those two words, I assumed that she was trying to alienate me from my best friend, like she had done with all of his other friends.

So now, to smooth things over, "it's gonna take a long time before I'm convinced that you're [me] even sorry."

To be honest, I don't care that she was pissed off. I don't care that she's dating my best friend. What I care about is that she insists on bringing the drama of her life into mine, which is, frankly, unfair. I didn't tell her how depressed I was while he was gone, not because of him (though it didn't help), I didn't tell her how I had started working for his parents and then had to quit because I didn't think anything I ever did was good enough, despite it being exactly what they wanted. I didn't tell her I'm on disability...and I'm supposed to be sorry for her? I can't afford to be sorry for myself!

2. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    If this is the muse you talked about previously, would I be correct in assuming that you feel the most creative in a fit of rage?

See, women like the one you just described are to be avoided at all costs. Especially now that you are feeling down and depressed it is a good idea to shut such disturbing influences out of your life. Want to understand why she is behaving that way? Forget it, it is impossible to understand and you are only going to end up hurt and confused trying to analyze her.

3. Grossenschwamm

Oh no, this isn't the muse. That's my other friend's girlfriend. This is my very best friend's girlfriend, the psycho. I've no choice but to spend time with her. Though, I could use the anger I feel to create something...

4. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

I reckon you should try and hook up with her. Surely she would be happier with you.

5. Yuki

Yuki Well-Known Member

6. Grossenschwamm

I can't date her. It's so improbable that my life would unfold into hers there should be a physical law detailing just how unlikely it is I date her.
    I need someone who realizes her life isn't the only one that goes bad. Someone who realizes if you burn down a bridge, you're not going to receive help from that direction.

7. wobbler

wobbler Well-Known Member

Had one like this. Myself, I was just polite to her, didn't really care for her but was polite for the sake of my friend. And was joyfull when he dumped her. And even more cheerfull when he dumped her as a friend. Then a bit sad when she started at his school.

8. Grossenschwamm

That's the plan. I don't know if he'll marry her, he doesn't sound to enthusiastic about his "love". She even said they're together because she didn't move on when he left. Hell, maybe this means both of them didn't really move on. But he at least tried dating other girls. Ah well, to think about it is to dwell. I need less dwelling.

9. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

Ditch the bitch. For the love of....

Crazy girls like this only get crazier. Self-obsessed, petulant, annoying girls who turn into hormonal, raging, screaming bitches.

If he wants a living hell, tell him to marry her. Otherwise, kick that to the curb, yo.

10. Grossenschwamm

I already had that discussion with him four times, along with all of his other friends and even his little brother.
    Then friends became (her) enemies, and now I'm the only one left. My friend says she's like the female me, which is...so weird.
    Never really thought about that until right now. Though if I met a girl I could relate to like I can to him, I think I'd love her too. Just another quirk I guess.

11. Charonte

Charonte Member

Anyone else thinking we need a "Let's help Gross" thread?

In any case, if you don't like her make it damn obvious. Don't play nice for the sake of your friend, you'll only create more shit for yourself especially with a nutter like that.

12. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

Retard speaks the truth, and this coming from a guy who's made an art form out of dating crazies.

On the upside, she might be crazy as all shit, but crazy bitches are sooooo good in bed. :D

13. Charonte

Charonte Member

You have to be -really- careful how crazy though, I once had my back carved out by a similarly crazy chick. A little rough is great, but if they don't stop after their nails have drawn a significant amount of blood then I'm going to be more than a little scared.

14. Jungle Japes

Jungle Japes Well-Known Member

Women are objects and, as such, their feelings are not valid. Tell her to get her ass back in the kitchen before you have to go upside that head.

But seriously, ditch that ho.

15. DarkFool

Wow, Charonte. For the first time in my life, you have me wondering why I like it rough.

16. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

17. DarkFool

No, because I like working bad pop music references into my posts.

Our Host!