Shareware/freeware rpgs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by labyrinthian, Sep 24, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. labyrinthian

labyrinthian New Member

What do you guys think is the best source? Every time I google I end up on warez sites, rogue clones, or flash games, and none of those really strike my fancy. Suggestions?

2. Icairus

Icairus New Member

What are you really looking for? There are plenty of old free RPGs floating about the net (things that were built in MSDOS), and I could probably find some if that is what you are looking for, or there are some pretty bad online ones at www.ffiends.com - somewhere

3. Milo

Milo New Member

4. labyrinthian

labyrinthian New Member

5. Milo

Milo New Member

6. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

speaking of FREE

i've been looking for a neo geo emulator to run some samurai showdown, and king of fighters roms i bought from an snk franchise. does anyone know where i can find one that works? i've searched and found a lot of illegal roms that i didnt download, but i havent found a good emulator. i've heard of one called neo_geo_rageX.v.(some number) but cant find it. is there a compatible version of mame availabe somewhere?

a link would be helpful...

7. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Shut the fuck up with the emulator talk Sleek. I'm not an expert on the legal side of it, but I'm not sure that they're fully legal, and I'm going to go ahead and say that until proved otherwise, no more emulator talk¹.

As for freeware/shareware, ask about it at www.rpgcodex.com Be nice in how you ask, and they'll flood you with suggestions. Just be clear in what you ask for, or you won't be able to decide what to download and play first.

¹I'm doing this on behalf of Jinxed. I realise that the chance of someone being busted for emulator stuff is slim, but I'm also pretty sure Jinxed wouldn't like the US government coming after him or whatever.

8. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

the program that does the emulating is legal, the roms that you can download are not, unless you own the arcade machine or purchased the rom from the company that made the original game.

9. EvilEyesBan

EvilEyesBan New Member

In general talking about emulation is frowned upon.

Sheesh, Samurai Shodown games are like ten bucks each on PS1 nowadays.

Who buys roms from a company, anyway?

10. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

hmmm, i never saw a samurai showdown game for ps1... thats strange.

may be i'll check this out on amazon, i had thought those games only came out for sega saturn...

11. hentai-hime

hentai-hime New Member

The underdogs is the absolute best site for freeware games and abandonware as well. i use it all the time. there is a good free rpg called "Materia Magika" which is pretty good. i'm sure it would pop up on google if you put it in. good luck. oh, and hey everyone-i'm the new girl. :cool:_

-hime

12. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Wuzzup cheri :wink: .

Yea I've been hitting up underdogs since you guys posted it, it's really good. I'll check out that Materia Magika. But does anyone know why this game 'Abaddon' is so fucking hard? I don't expect it too be a cakewalk, but I'd like to have some chance of beating the first enemy I see.

13. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

welcome to house of lords. make sure you never make some of the mistakes i did (dig up old old thread topics, and piss people off with a wacky moving signature .gif picture).

if you're female then stay away from matt thorn apparently he's a real cassanova for someone thats only 15. :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :roll: :roll: :thumbdown:

14. Silvio-Arjunza

Silvio-Arjunza New Member

hello Hentai, oh Sleek, don't worry, she's all yours. I wouldn't touch someone with an SN of that... and I ain't a cassanova, I just know when the risk is one worth taking... and besides, why're you so interested in what I do? are you wishing to take lessons from me because your inable to get some?

15. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

oh heellllllll no you didnt! <snaps fingers across his face> grilfiend!

i'm making fun of the fact that you are so idiculously sex obsessed even for someone thats only 15.

you are a silly one to think otherwise. i wont talk about this garbage anymore if you promise not to lie to us anymore.

Our Host!