Shadowrun - The Game

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Forum' started by Wolfsbane, Jan 27, 2014.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

NO! Rookie bellows at her companion as she ruins his aim by pushing his gun aside, I need him alive! Let's get him before the cavalry gets here.

Rookie jogs over to the injured man, gun pointed fixedly at him.

Two choices, pal. Either come with us right now and maybe live or die here in a heap of garbage. What's it gonna be?

2. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

"Hai."

The man is pale and ashamed, bleeding profusely and gripping the wound.

He offers no resistance as he his bundled into the van.

Spider mutters about his uphostery and Bullseye calmly waits for an excuse to shoot again as they drive off.

Where am I going? Because I know you're not using my workshop for this...

There's an abandoned sawmill in the woods up towards Tacoma... It's not far.

3. Wolfsbane

Sounds lovely.

Spider takes the four of them to the sawmill. It doesn't take long for Rookie to beat what shee needs out of the goon. Having obtained what she's looking for, she turns around to walk out of the miil and gives Bullyeye a pat on the shoulder as she passes him.

Do whatever you want, she says. Just do it quick.

A while later they're on their way back to Seattle, heading for the red light district.

So, Rookie says casually as she inspects her gun, you up for this Bullseye? Ten guys, maybe more. It's for situations like these I bought this pretty thing. Rookie grins wolfishly and taps the chestpiece of her armor with her fist. And you, Spidey, you'll just handle the electronics and out getaway from here. Maybe scope out the place first? Like that warehouse we hit.

They arrive at the scene, and Rookie waits for Spider to see if the coast is clear.

4. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

Spider gives Rookie an e-pick drone, and one unmodified drone each to both her an Bullseye.

Bullseye carefully checks all his equipment (grapple gun, pistol, ammo, armored chameleon cloak, 1 spider drone) before giving Rookie a wolfish grin.

I'm up for it.

The building is four stories tall and one deep; the basement is where the orphans will be. The upper stories include operating theatres and drug labs, with an armed gang guarding the whole structure.

Pull up at the end of the block, Spider. I'll keep you covered, Rookie. He steps out and shoots his grapple gun, launching himself silently up to the neighbouring buildings, disappearing into the gloom.

Twitchy little fucker, ain't he? Well, you can follow him I guess, or we can ram raid the front door. I'd rather hang back til you need an exit if we can help it.

...hold on! Signal from the drone, oh shit!

Looks like your friend can't wait, he's gone straight to plan B up there!

He's drawing them up to the top floor and... And he appears to be winning.

Quick, what's your call, Boss?

You begin to hear the gunshots from down the street.

5. Wolfsbane

Ram the front! I'll take 'em on head first! Go go go!

6. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

Spider spins the wheels and accelerates down the street.

They skid into the ground floor so that the rear door are blocking the entrance.

Two men in a business suits, armed with assault rifles run into the hallway as Rookie kick open the rear doors...

Goon 1 initiative 2
    Goon 2 initiative 3
    Spider, preoccupied with driving stunt.
    Rookie initiative = 3+ ?/2
    Five or higher = bonus round.

7. Wolfsbane

Initiativ flip 1/2. 4 total. No extra round.

Rookie, driven by the momentum of the situation, flips to auto instantly and levels her rifle at one of the costumed goons.

Gun flip 3/5 +2 weapon power.

MOTHERFUCKEEERS! She roars as her assault rifle thunders.

8. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

The first goon drops like stone.

The second raises his rifle and fires wildly as he ducks back around the corner.

... And misses!

Turn 2
    Goon initiative = 2
    Spider = 2
    Rookie = 3+ ?/2
    (+2 armor to goon due to cover)

9. Wolfsbane

Initiative flip 2/2 + 3 = 5. Extra round! (I assume this means 2 rounds directly after eachother)

Rookie performs a commando roll around the corner and catches the goon off-guard. (first round)

Surprise, cockface! She screams as she sprays the poor bastard with hot lead. (second round)

Gun flip (full auto) 4/5 +2 wp.

10. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

Another instant kill.

There are distant cries and gunshots from the upper stories, echoing down through the stair well.

A man hugging a laptop runs up the stairs and stops when he sees the carnage. His mouth opens and closes like a fish, then he turns to flee back down.

11. Wolfsbane

Oh no, you don't... Rookie mutters to herself and charges after the man, trying to intercept him. Spider, she wheezes on the intercom while running her ass off, Try to keep the lobby clear of hostiles until we get back. Pull out if it gets too hot, but stay in the neighbourhood if possible.

Rookie wants to catch up with the fleeing man. I don't know what to flip, so I'm leaving that to you.

12. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

Rookie easily overtakes the man with her enhanced reflexes.

He is scrambling down the stairs, clutching his laptop.

Flip unarmed combat + pool if you wish to attack/tackle/restrain.

13. Wolfsbane

Rookie tries to tackle-and-grab the running man.

Unarmed flip 3/6.

14. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

He takes 1 stun damage as Rookie succeeds in restraining him on the ground by pushing him down and kneeling on his spine.

"Help! They're down here! THEY'RE DOWN HERE!"

The back door bursts open and an armed guard aims down at Rookie with his assault rifle...

He is hit by burst fire from Spider's turret which knocks him sideways and injures him. A second spray of bullets finishes him off.

More footsteps are heard coming down the stairs...

15. Wolfsbane

Time to improvise. Rookie thumps her prey in the back of the head with the butt of her rifle and lifts him up as a meat shield. She flips the switch from 'auto' to 'burst' and awaits the first bastard down the stairs.

16. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

Looking up the stair well, Rookie sees two men in Kevlar vests peering down at her from the third floor. They crouch and take aim...

Initiative
    Goon 1 = 2
    Goon 2 = 2

-1 aim distance penalty
    -1 aim one handed rifle.

17. Wolfsbane

Initiative flip 2

Rookie tries to shield herself as best she can behind the knocked-out businessman and fires upon one of the armored goons upstairs.

Gun flip 3/4 +1 wp.

The other goon gets a burst as well for good measure.

Gun flip 2/4 +1 wp.

18. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

Goon 1 soaks 1/5 damage, taking 4 hp damage.

Goon 2 soaks 2/4 damage, taking 2 hp damage.

They both fall out of sight in the rain of bullets, then one of them reappears and launches a grenade!

2/2 heads = hit

Damage 3 in blast radius -2 meat shield = soak 1 damage.
    Flip body+armor, require 1 success.

A concussive blast flattens Rookie beneath her hostage and a fireball blooms out of the stairwell.
    The hostage is now actually just a meat shield. It smells of roast pork.

Oshit! You still with me, Boss? Boss?

19. Wolfsbane

Soak flip 4/6. Not a scratch.

I'm fine Spidey! You worry 'bout that entrance! Rookie yells as she drops the sizzling steak that'd once been someone to the ground and starts moving up the stairs, constantly trying to get a shot at the guys above. If she gets a chance to kill them, she'll take it right away without hesitation.

(Rookie moves to kill them. Gun's on burst fire. If someone shows up you may flip for her to speed things up. She'll go all in with each shot.)

20. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

Rookie reloads her firearm with a satisfying click.

(Cue heavy metal slow motion murderous rampage montage)

The goon with the launcher tries a second time and gets a burst fire to the face.

A man in plastic overalls on the second floor attempts to flee and gets shot in the back for his troubles.

The other goon on the third floor is bleeding out, but he gets a double tap to the head to be sure.

The fourth floor seems quiet until an enormously fat man in a silk suit and carrying an auto cannon steps out.

Rookie shoots, but is out of ammo! She reloads as the fat man grins and raises his hellish weapon...

Suddenly, a bullethole blooms out of the side of his forehead, splattering Rookie with brains and blood.

His obese form collapses like a lava lamp on the hard ground, cueing the end of the heavy metal montage and the beginning of the action hero quips.

Guess who's coming to dinner, motherfucker!

Heh, looks like he bit off more than he could chew!

Our Host!